Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th July 2010, 00:18   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencity View Post
Can u share the OTR Price?
How abt some more pics!
he mentioned it earlier, its 7.5L
Butters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2010, 23:17   #122
BHPian

Good Evening Guys!!

Im back after another round of hibernation. This time made a trip to my hometown in Kanpur (500kms from Delhi on NH-2)
The road was smooth. The traffic was light. The perfect time to push the S into action and boy did she respond?? Yeaaa man!!!
I clocked a total of 680 kms on a tankful of highway + some city driving. An average of approx 15 I guess.
Maxed out a speed of 172 kmph. The S was eager to go further but the heart said restrain brother. Had a small kid onboard. Plus the NH-2 has too many intersections which allow local farm traffic to criss-cross throughout the National Highway.

Am soon completing 5000Kms. Will go in for the first service.

Keep rocking guys. Im amazed to see the expert comment coming in.

Cheers!!!

Last edited by capt_rocker : 28th July 2010 at 23:18. Reason: text edit
capt_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2010, 23:34   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Never bothered about the max RPM, see it only during shifting gears. I think the max I had gone was something equivalent at 140 KMPH speeds. How much RPM?, didn't notice it.
Just asking as advice.. i noticed RPM going to 4000 when I touched 172 kmph. At a speed of 140 it would be around 3000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Captain...shade under 10 on S! You should rejoice and throw a party..even some SXIs/ZXIs are not getting that. Gilead is getting under 9 and my SXI is also hovering between 8.5-9, purely in city driving conditions.
Yes Sanjay, im throwing a party and you are invited!! Im getting now 10+ after my recent Kanpur trip. But what the heck. We call ourselves petrolheads and still bother about the mileage in a beauty called the S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
City driving with heavy traffic, even getting 10kmpl is good!
RPM -not to worry too much but make sure to change gear on time and then GO Fida (but imo the Rpm should not go beyond 3500 even at higher speeds in 5th gear?).
GOing FIDA already nairsaab. The car has blown my brains out. I love the way she handles on road. Like a ferocious tiger but in chains. Roars when I want it to and sedate when needed. But I have noticed, she doesnt like to go slow!! Have stalled her twice in crazy delhi bumper2bumper traffic on 2nd gear. Seems like she likes only open streches of the tarmac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Check your fuel again and add the System G. The surge in my car is intact and got even better after the oil change. 9-10 is normal on the 1.6S.

I have touched 6800 RPM on 2nd and 3rd gear a couple of times. I guess it can go till 7000.

Yeah, the S has a different exhaust system. Don't know the technical differences, but it's made of chrome and has a big end can. The end can makes a merry noise after 3K RPM and I also heard it's a little more free flowing than the regular exhaust.

I am getting 9.5-10 consistently.
This is good to hear Gilead. 6800 rpm is encouraging. I was not too keen to push her beyond 4000 rpms as I have yet to complete 5000kms and 1st service is due. But just to think about what the future holds after a couple of services keeps me on a high!!

On the mileage front I agree with you. But once again I would like to say that if we are true petrol heads and we have chosen the Fiesta S or Sxi/Zxi over and above the SX4s and Vernas' and the Citys' this mileage thing should not matter to us at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapideffect View Post
Hi Guys,

Just completed my first 1000Kms in 32 days span with fuel worth of 8K. Roughly around 145 liters so far and DTE showing 120 Kms. This means 7.7 is the average (rough estimate). Earlier my palio was giving 10.3 in the same driving conditions. Mine is full of city drive that too from Malad (W) to the Sakinaka strecth daily on weekdays.

Hope the mileage thing improve after the first service???..
7.7 avarage is too less.. check your fuel quality.. as per Gilead my problem was solved when i got good fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Hi rapideffect,
I had 2 instances of mileage falling below 7.5 - 1. my first tankfull (I was learning driving at that time) & 2. 2nd last tankfull (I was running on a tire with a 2 inch nail in it for 20 days approx).

Apart from that, my mileage normally hovers between 8.5 to 9.5 in pure city driving conditions in Kolkata (I cover a distance of 36 km everyday in 2 hrs approx - avg speed: 16-18 KMPH).

So, for you, it will definitely improve.
it should. Mayukh, as per your city I must say that it is the most wonderful city in India for me in many ways. I have stayed a lot in Kolkata and I know the traffic. You should be happy with your avg of 8.4-9.5 in such conditions. I love Kolkata in each n every way. But the traffic kills!!
Old 29th July 2010, 08:04   #124
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_rocker View Post
GOing FIDA already nairsaab. The car has blown my brains out. I love the way she handles on road. Like a ferocious tiger but in chains. Roars when I want it to and sedate when needed. Seems like she likes only open streches of the tarmac.
Man what a description, I simply loved every word of it. Keep mile crunching and drive safely.

This is good to hear Gilead. 6800 rpm is encouraging.
What would have been the speed at that rpms

On the mileage front I agree with you. But once again I would like to say that if we are true petrol heads and we have chosen the Fiesta S or Sxi/Zxi over and above the SX4s and Vernas' and the Citys' this mileage thing should not matter to us at all.
Well said, The mileage dont matter until the next petrol price rise and then we cringe for a few days before becoming normal petrolheads again and happily revving our beasts

7.7 avarage is too less.. check your fuel quality.. as per Gilead my problem was solved when i got good fuel.
I think its my turn this time since I have been at the receiving end of bad fuel which I refueled at the last moment at an unrated petrol pump.
Its good that you got a good stretch for driving, you should see in Mumbai we literally fly in space coz of so many craters, we fell we are on the moon.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2010, 10:28   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maxed out a speed of 172 kmph. The S was eager to go further but the heart said restrain brother. Had a small kid onboard. Plus the NH-2 has too many intersections which allow local farm traffic to criss-cross throughout the National Highway.
That's a good speed. Was it planted? The max I have touched is 140 till now.

Quote:
Just asking as advice.. i noticed RPM going to 4000 when I touched 172 kmph. At a speed of 140 it would be around 3000.
Check again. It should be higher than 3000 RPM at 140 kmph in 5th gear.

Quote:
All these cars give around 10 only in the city traffic.

Quote:
Its good that you got a good stretch for driving, you should see in Mumbai we literally fly in space coz of so many craters, we fell we are on the moon.
I guess the monsoon made the roads worse. I remember Mumbai had good roads the last time I was there.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2010, 10:42   #126
BHPian

Quote:
This is true with me too, my stretch from office to home is full of pot holes and fiesta turned out to be a great handler like my palio. I wonder, this may be the cause of my of lower fuel efficiency, may be due to so many gear shifts and lower speeds..

I really envy the Delhi guys who enjoys, good road infra compared to Mumbai, lower road tax and other duties which makes a fiesta nealy 75K lesser than Mumbai. Apart from that the lower fuel costs compared to Mumbai.

@Capt: I have no doubt on my fuel quality as I was filling from these bunks for so many years.
rapideffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2010, 14:40   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is true with me too, my stretch from office to home is full of pot holes and fiesta turned out to be a great handler like my palio. I wonder, this may be the cause of my of lower fuel efficiency, may be due to so many gear shifts and lower speeds..

I really envy the Delhi guys who enjoys, good road infra compared to Mumbai, lower road tax and other duties which makes a fiesta nealy 75K lesser than Mumbai. Apart from that the lower fuel costs compared to Mumbai.

@Capt: I have no doubt on my fuel quality as I was filling from these bunks for so many years.
Here is some soothing balm for you

As of April '10 road tax in Delhi is same as Bombay.

Thanks to the CWG & Metro each & every road in NCR is dug up, has construction material/debris on it with half of their widths boarded in.

Oh and we need the fuel at lower prices to allow us to spend the 12 hours a day that we spend stuck in perpetual traffic jams in relative air conditioned comfort.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2010, 22:36   #128
BHPian

Quote:
i can feel your agony brother.. i was in mumbai some time last yr. Though in an Innova, the traffic on the western express highway killed me. it felt as if i was born here and left to die here. but dont feel so low, things will change for better, in many ways mumbai is better than delhi.. its safer and people are in control of their tempers when on road. delhites are victims of sever road rash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
That's a good speed. Was it planted? The max I have touched is 140 till now.

no im telling you the truth. I was doing 170+ and had my cousin alonside me to vouch for it. It didnt feel bouncy, no vibrations till 160-165, gives a lot of confidence. I havent had my first service yet but I was willing.. and yes the S was willing too..

Check again. It should be higher than 3000 RPM at 140 kmph in 5th gear.

will check n cnfm

All these cars give around 10 only in the city traffic.

yes but all cars aren't Fiesta S too!!!

I guess the monsoon made the roads worse. I remember Mumbai had good roads the last time I was there.
Quote:

Bro, gear shifts and lower speeds are more common in Delhi than anywhere else. Moreso because of the digging and construction going on everywhere due to the CWG coming up.
But yet I manage to get 10-11kmpl out of my S, That too with a/c on full time!! Is that an achievement? My S is BSIV. Does it make a difference??

come to delhi buddy.. always welcome for a drive!! But you guys have the marine drive and the new palm beach road in navi mumbai!!

then it must be the traffic only.. but again get it checked.. 7.7 still doesnt seem to justify the traffic conditions of Bihar also!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Here is some soothing balm for you

As of April '10 road tax in Delhi is same as Bombay.

Thanks to the CWG & Metro each & every road in NCR is dug up, has construction material/debris on it with half of their widths boarded in.

Oh and we need the fuel at lower prices to allow us to spend the 12 hours a day that we spend stuck in perpetual traffic jams in relative air conditioned comfort.

hahahaha!! I truly agree with Khoj. well said brother !
Old 30th July 2010, 10:44   #129
Senior - BHPian

Guys, on the rpm count on the tacho, I rarely get a chance to drive beyond 100 ( car mostly used for city driving), but I do recall that my car touched 3000 rpm at 100 kmph speed on 5th gear and 4000 at 140 on my trip to Nagarjunasagar dam last year.
I did push her to 170 once on the Pune Expressway, but that was long back, and I think the tacho read nearly 5000. Unless driven for sufficient time at those speeds, it is difficult to peep at the tacho, as the snarl of the engine and the black road whizzing by keeps you hooked.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 11:42   #130
BHPian

For my SXI Petrol, at 5th gear, 100Km speed is achieved at appx 2800 rpm. 110Km is achieved at just a shade below 3000 rpm. At exactly 3K rpm , appx 120Km speed is achieved.
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2010, 00:31   #131
BHPian

vnabhi and Sanjay I have never been able to touch 100 with the rpm below 3000. Its always near 3500 that I can touch 100.
Chillout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 12:13   #132
BHPian

Default Rocket Science!! - Fiesta 1.6S First Service / 5000 kms Report

Ola Amigos!
Back with a report on the S after first service / 5000kms.

SHORT TERM OWENERSHIP REPORT - 5000 KMS:
The Fiesta S is growing more n more smooth & revv free as I add more miles to it. Its like revisiting my childhood days. I cant remember when I was this excited the last time!!!?? The Fun Factor has been rising steadily and I cant never get enough of this car.
I have seen it return the best of averages everytime I drove her harder and faster! 5000kms in 2 months is a lot by my usual standards but I thought as long as I am on land, might as well live the Fiesta life.

On the flip side - Chaotic Delhi NCR traffic; minor scratched and abrasions; lots of driving hours on 1-2nd gear with clutch almost always depressed; few creaking noises from the dash and driver side doors. Failure of the brake booster (as told by the service advisor) causing creeky noises when braking.

FIRST SERVICE:
The facility at Harpreet Ford Service at Sahibabad Industiral Area near Pacific Mall is just okay. Its not a big facility and at first I was having doubts on whether good treatment would be meted out to the car that deserves it.
The service advisor Mr.Vishal Mehra seemed overworked but yet pleasant in dealing with issues I had. Since the first service is ususally a hogwash, he cleared it to me that there will be no changing of filters and renewal of oils in the first service. Hope this is the norm with Ford!!!
I had issues with creaking noise from the dash board, the drivers side and rear right doors; mis-alignment of the wheels causing the car to veer to the left while driving; the brake pedal was making creeky noises when used.

After I went to collect the car after servicing, I noticed a good job of cleaning on the outside but not very much inside. (though I had insisted on interior cleaning as my child keeps muddying it always!!) The Alignment problem had gone. I didnt notice any change in the performance thereafter. Pickup hasnt improved as much as I thought it would. More or less the same.
Service advisor told me that the brake booster had failed and needs to be replaced. Im not sure as to wht the brake booster is and neither was he. Since the spare was not available, replacement will be done after a week or so. He informed that this was the first such case. Shall I be happy about it?

Rest assured it has been proved that The Fiesta S is indeed a Rocket Science.
Old 9th August 2010, 12:20   #133
Senior - BHPian

5000kms in two months - thats a great driving that too in city?
regarding replacement of Brake booster - hope they are doing it under warranty??
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 12:47   #134
Senior - BHPian

[quote=capt_rocker;1952648]great stuff sriram! now im twice as much jealous!! Gileads car, your car and now another one!! the Aquarius just keeps beckoning mee!!

Alrighty guys! now after a tankful of some good fuel, my car seems to be back to some normal performance...

@gilead, couldnt find System G!! Infact, one guy at an Indian Oil bunk told me that last time he sold that was 4 yrs ago!!! He says people dont buy it, so we dont stock it!!
quote]
Speed/power ,for my car at least, seems like coming off of ready-to-eat rations to a gourmet meal.

I would never like to have the MREs on my plate.

same same treatment for my car also.

I know people pick on these additives lined fuels,that its all a marketing gimmick, but i KNOW that my engine sounds much happier with these fuels.
people with FFE who have ever tried base fuels in lieu, cos of some emergency ,can corroborate(the differnce in the tones from the bay).

@Captain, 3 places i can tell you who keep a good stock of additves at al.
moti bagh south fuel pump(hp i believe), either of the stations at the erstwhile chanakya, and of course any of the ones opposite the PM house.
closer to home(seeing that you are in noida),the S.Ext stations (part 1 side).
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 12:57   #135
Senior - BHPian

Red face

5K in two months flat? Capt, Are you living in your car or something? Good to know that Fiesta is serving your driving purpose.

Sad to know that there is an issue with the brake booster. What was the reason given by Ford for the failure. Has it to do something with the disc brakes, any sign of worn off? I think you must have breaked too hard on more than one occassions to have an issue. See the link below.
What Is a Brake Booster? | eHow.com

Why is it you are driving with the clutch depressed, I think it is one of the main reason for poorer performance. Agreed that city driving is mostly in 1-2 gears only but does not qualify for driving with clutch depressed. You are going to wear off the clutch pads sooner than normal.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote