Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2010, 08:22   #106
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,019
Thanked: 526 Times
Default

uvmallya, Steve : I think this was caused by the driver seat height adjust feature in the highline. I adjusted the lever to the lowest position and now the shake is gone. Not sure why it was present in the first place. I feel this feauture is valueless in Polo like most other cars.

My car has completed 10 days.~300Km in odo. Average mileage is 13.3. The highest mileage I got is 16.6 on a trip via Bangalore ring road, late night. I had put full tank on day 1 and still more than 1/2 of tank is full.
I have got adjusted to the size of the car and able to drive it in Bangalore traffic just like my Zen. Also I am able to park it with much ease now.So no parking sensors for me.
Steve, I had bought the duster long tme back and every day I am cleaning the car with it.

Last edited by poloman : 13th June 2010 at 08:28.
poloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2010, 10:02   #107
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 130
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
uvmallya, Steve : I think this was caused by the driver seat height adjust feature in the highline. I adjusted the lever to the lowest position and now the shake is gone. Not sure why it was present in the first place. I feel this feauture is valueless in Polo like most other cars.

My car has completed 10 days.~300Km in odo. Average mileage is 13.3. The highest mileage I got is 16.6 on a trip via Bangalore ring road, late night. I had put full tank on day 1 and still more than 1/2 of tank is full.
I have got adjusted to the size of the car and able to drive it in Bangalore traffic just like my Zen. Also I am able to park it with much ease now.So no parking sensors for me.
Steve, I had bought the duster long tme back and every day I am cleaning the car with it.
Yes I too feel that seat height adjustment feature is valueless unless you are really short in height.
My car has done 515 kms. in 15 days out of which 360 kms. is the distance travelled from Bangalore to Mangalore. I had filled the tank in Bangalore and refilled it on reaching Mangalore. The tank full to tank full mileage returned was a good 19.1 km/litre of diesel. I am yet to check the mileage returned in city driving.
uvmallya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2010, 17:07   #108
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,019
Thanked: 526 Times
Default

After fixing the seat my back pain has started subsiding. Not sure whether this is psychological. But surely there is some connection I feel. My FE has touched the magical 17 for the last trip which is very pleasing. FE is very important for me not only from a financial angle but also from a green perspective.
poloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2010, 19:25   #109
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 130
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
After fixing the seat my back pain has started subsiding. Not sure whether this is psychological. But surely there is some connection I feel. My FE has touched the magical 17 for the last trip which is very pleasing. FE is very important for me not only from a financial angle but also from a green perspective.
Good to hear that your back pain is subsiding. Wish you happy motoring on your Polo in the days to come. Apart from the regular accessories like mud flap, rubber mat & music system I purchased 2 days ago a seat cover (6000/-) and Chrome protective strip (3,505/-) for the hatch door which I will get fixed in Mangalore as I did not get my car to Bangalore.
Please update info if possible when the dealer gets new accessories.
uvmallya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 06:45   #110
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,019
Thanked: 526 Times
Default

uvmallya, I have got door scuff plates also. This will prevent the door paint from getting scratched.
I think we have more than a dozen Polo owners on the forum currently. It will be only next to Figo and Punto in the hatchback category.Here are the names I can remember.
khan75
hpzone
laxminarayan
poloman
chetan_bg
steve82
b4.monsoon
uvmallya
sidkapoor30
formal_eins
carfanatic
subaro123
poloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 08:30   #111
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 202
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

And god knows how many including me have booked it. Im sure after some time polo will be as popular as punto or figo in this forum
Zero Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 10:16   #112
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 109
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
uvmallya, I have got door scuff plates also. This will prevent the door paint from getting scratched.
I think we have more than a dozen Polo owners on the forum currently. It will be only next to Figo and Punto in the hatchback category.Here are the names I can remember.
khan75
hpzone
laxminarayan
poloman
chetan_bg
steve82
b4.monsoon
uvmallya
sidkapoor30
formal_eins
carfanatic
subaro123
I am still not in the Owner List. My POLO is yet to be delivered.
Subaro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 10:57   #113
Senior - BHPian
 
Amartya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Evanston
Posts: 1,699
Thanked: 376 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
And god knows how many including me have booked it. Im sure after some time polo will be as popular as punto or figo in this forum
Hope you get your car soon. It'll be great to compare notes about these three cars, surprisingly enough, I like all of them .
Amartya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 12:17   #114
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 951
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Got the first blemish on the car not from bikers but due to some very poor, thoughtless design from VW. Thanks to Sidkapur30 for bringing this to the notice of Polo owners.
The Driver side Polo wiper cannot be lifted. If you try to lift it it will scratch the bonnet paint.My blemish is around 1 inch. Sid has put up the pictures in his thread. In India lifted wipers is a sign of car being washed. All prospective and current Polo owners, Please keep this point in mind and instruct the people who wash your cars accordingly.Assume most of the Polo owners will have this problem by now.
This indeed seems to be an issue. Did u try all permutations/combinations to lift the wipers without being obstructed? Maybe some twisting or disengaging mechanism would be there at the wiper base! Not sure how VW can miss this?

It is generally advisable (even in some car manuals it is mentioned) to keep the wipers in upright position, if parked for a long time. If parked under the sun for a long time, the heat generated may cause marks on the windscreen where the wiper blade meets the surface. Wiper blade also may loose optimal functionality.
sanjayc is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 12:33   #115
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,019
Thanked: 526 Times
Default

Sanjay, this is indeed a design bug. Cross posting the experience of a Jetta owner from Sid's thread. An oversight from VW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vittalnrv View Post
This may be a design flaw which is already present even on Jetta. The wipers neutral position is deep below the bonnet line.

There is a key combination to be used for bringing the blades to it's halfway on the windshield which my driver is aware of. Had just observed at VW service center once. It was something like, ignition to stay at OFF position, lift and hold the wiper lever for 3 seconds and simultaneously turn the ignition to it's ON position.

If this procedure does not work, please consult with your VW dealer for the correct method. This may be a design flaw, but VW has already engineered this to a solution with a complicated process.

Hope the above information is helpful.

Last edited by poloman : 14th June 2010 at 12:35.
poloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 13:54   #116
BHPian
 
sachinsumant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 29
Thanked: Once
Default

Congratulations on your beauty..!!
Also..!! You missed me out in the list of proud polo owners.

Regrds,
Sachin.
sachinsumant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 20:05   #117
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,019
Thanked: 526 Times
Default

Looks like more people own or have booked polo than I expected.
There is heavy rains in Bangalore every day and it is becoming pain to clean the car. I don't like any car cleaning guy touching my car. So I myself have to do the work out. Even my little daughter is missing the freedom she enjoyed in the Zen.
poloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 20:30   #118
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 951
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
There is heavy rains in Bangalore every day and it is becoming pain to clean the car.
Isn't it heavy enough to auto-clean the car? When it pours heavily here in Chennai, I make it a point to drive out aimlessly for 15-20 mins depending on the downpour strength! Have done it sometime at 4 in the morning.

Regarding not trusting hired-help, I am with you..even if that means having the car dirty for a couple of days. Have learnt it the hard way with my previous black ikon.

Some say the trick towards enjoying a new car is to get a few minor scratches here & there early..then you can enjoy the driving experience from inside more peacefully, without bothering too much of external appearance! Easier said than done, though!
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 20:42   #119
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,019
Thanked: 526 Times
Default

If it rains in Bangalore, It is near impossible to drive out 15-20 mins. Roads wll be clogged in no time. And God knows when a tree will come down crashing since it is very windy here. So I prefer to stay indoors.
poloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 02:27   #120
Senior - BHPian
 
Chethan B G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,419
Thanked: 693 Times
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Sanjay, this is indeed a design bug. Cross posting the experience of a Jetta owner from Sid's thread. An oversight from VW.
Come on poloman!! an oversight from VW?

To lift the front wind shield wipers - mainly on the driver side, wipers should be parked in the service mode. To do this, turn on the ignition on and then turn it off. Later, just depress the wiper lever once (Clock wise). Wipers will move and stop in the service position. Remove the key, and now, you can lift the wiper to clean it. After cleaning, put back the wiper in position before inserting the ignition key. (Explained in User-Manual, Page 92)

This is very easy. I have done it couple of times.
Chethan B G is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dark Knight has arrived! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 5th Service done el lobo 6061 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 244 15th October 2016 12:39
VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update AvonA7 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 199 15th September 2016 22:06
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!! mobike008 Long-Term Ownership Reviews 1348 12th January 2015 10:15
Chevy Spark 1 year 9700 Kms on the odo EDIT:15,000km service update vikrantj Long-Term Ownership Reviews 28 23rd January 2014 11:43
I want to buy a Beagle in Bangalore. UPDATE: The DON has arrived! Duboy Shifting gears 38 11th April 2009 13:08


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:36.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks