Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 11th June 2010, 12:10   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
The colour looks awesome in your pictures !! Congratulations on a great buy, it must feel very good to move up from the Santro to the ANHC. BTW I am *shocked* to find that your spare tyre is a steel rim and not an alloy wheel. Have the rules changed since I bought my Corolla?
Ya, i was also shocked, but i checked the spare tyres only when i had a puncture. It seems from 2007 rules changed.
shamanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2010, 12:32   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ram

Congrats and thats a good choice of car and Colour

Now all you need to do is maintain it clean ! Pls go get a Lumar or Vkool light colour film for it and its all done
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2010, 15:57   #33
BHPian

Quote:
The colour looks awesome in your pictures !! Congratulations on a great buy, it must feel very good to move up from the Santro to the ANHC.
Thanks Flyingspur. I am always looking for updates on your 320D thread.

Quote:
BTW I am *shocked* to find that your spare tyre is a steel rim and not an alloy wheel. Have the rules changed since I bought my Corolla?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Ya, i was also shocked, but i checked the spare tyres only when i had a puncture. It seems from 2007 rules changed.
Yes, I had checked the spare tyre during booking after reading from T-BHP. Dealer had siad ANHC "V" always had spare tyre rim of Steel.

The duplicate key also does not have the remote opening facilty. All these seems to be cost cutting measure from Honda.
Delaer has quoted around 5 K for the spare alloy. May be, I will change the spare tyre rim sometime in coming months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnk77 View Post
Congratulations on your new possession. As far as possible try to avoid looking at that fuel efficiency indicator, its very distracting while driving.
You are absolutely right about the instant milage indicator. Initially, I was always looking at it. But in last days realised, it's better to enjoy the drive rather than trying to keep the bar graph half filled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Congrats on your newest possession. It looks beautiful in that color.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Congrats and thats a good choice of car and Colour
Thanks Mayukh and Joshguy.

Quote:
From where did you install the sunfilm? How was the experience?
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Now all you need to do is maintain it clean ! Pls go get a Lumar or Vkool light colour film for it and its all done
I have done the sun film installation last Monday. It's LLumar. Did it from a accessories shop called "Glix" near to my home in Salt Lake.

Front and back is AIR75 (73% VLT and 39% Heat rejection). For side, it is PP50 (50% VLT and 41% Heat rejection).

Could not load the pictures as my camera's USB cable is misplaced (with so many different USB cabels aorund at home). I will load it by tomorrow.

Quote:
OT: Do you work in and around Sector-V? I had this feeling after seeing the pictures clicked in front of the army camp. If so, we can definitely catch up.
Yes, my office is Sec-V in RDB building. Hope to catch you sometime.

Last edited by Ram_NP : 11th June 2010 at 16:01.
Ram_NP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2010, 17:08   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ram - the ANHC looks lovely in that color.

By the way, Karan at Glix is a member with the forum (ace6120).

Read about it here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...e-kolkata.html (Car Accessories - Marks & Glix (Salt Lake, Kolkata))
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2010, 17:43   #35
BHPian

Default Details of Sunfilm installation

Here is the details of Sunfilm installed:

Front & Back : LLumar AIR 75, its a Windscreen specific film.
Sides : LLumar Steel 50 (similar to PP 50 in the attched docment).

The tech. details of the sunfilm is attched.

As indicated in earlier post, the installation was done through "Glix" at Salt lake. Actual instllation was done by LLumar technician. The whole job cost me INR 10,600 including taxes (after discount).

I would rate the installation quality 8.5 out of 10. There is small line like bubble in the front windscreen and one of the side window. As the front one is in a corner of windscreen, it's not a distraction.

With AIR75 on the front, I did not find any porblem during night driving in city limits. Regarding heat rejection, I could not assess the film's properties, as I hardly went out in the day time due to work. Weekend has been cloudy so far.

Here are pictures of installation and after installation.
Attached Thumbnails
Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-p1010444.jpg  

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-p1010445.jpg  

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-p1010447.jpg  

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-p1010448.jpg  

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-p1010453.jpg  

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-p1010463.jpg  

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-p1010473.jpg  

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-p1010483.jpg  

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-p1010485.jpg  

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-p1010496.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf LLumarAutoSpecification.pdf (135.5 KB, 387 views)
Old 12th June 2010, 19:29   #36
BHPian

Looks good Ram, Is the sun film in copliance with norms? Have you tested in Highways during night driving?
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2010, 19:34   #37
Senior - BHPian

Ram, congrats and welcome to the ANHC club. You got a very happy group here, and here's wishing your experience is as pleasant!

And before i forget, that's a great write-up and crisp pics.
SkyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2010, 19:58   #38
BHPian

Wow that's pretty much neat and looks more shiny. You must enjoy each and every bit of ride through this gaffer of class sedans.
Keychain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 08:22   #39
BHPian

Ram What is the price for the Front Film? I am thinking to get one installed, should save lot of AC.
shamanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 23:14   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Looks good Ram, Is the sun film in copliance with norms? Have you tested in Highways during night driving?
Yes the Front and back sunfilm has 73% Visual light transmission (VLT) factor and side one has 50% VLT. The norm is 70% for the front and 50% for sides.
I was told by the dealer earlier for the side 35% VLT was allowed, now it's 50%. But I have seen people putting very dark films on the side (20% VLT) and still getting away with it.

I am yet to go for night drive on a highway. But night driving in City (including streets with less light) is no problem at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Ram, congrats and welcome to the ANHC club. You got a very happy group here, and here's wishing your experience is as pleasant!
And before i forget, that's a great write-up and crisp pics.
Thanks SkyWalker. Your thread was of great information source for me while deciding on ANHC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keychain View Post
Wow that's pretty much neat and looks more shiny. You must enjoy each and every bit of ride through this gaffer of class sedans.
Thanks Keychain. I hope I will be able to maintain the shine in coming monsoon months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Ram What is the price for the Front Film? I am thinking to get one installed, should save lot of AC.
The front and back LLumar AIR75 initially quoted INR 7000. But I bargained for package including the both sides and front+back, which cost me 10.4K (in total) after discount.

I guess only front AIR75 should cost you around 4 to 4.5 K including installation charges.
Old 16th June 2010, 15:03   #41
BHPian

Ram, Many congratulations on your new car. I have been on and off at T-BHP for a while so took my own sweet time to notice your thread.

Its great to see good feedback about the only Honda dealer there is, in Kolkata. It would be of great help to prospective buyers if you keep updating this thread regularly.

PS: OT, but couldn't help containing this: Jayanth, Raghu, you and I moved from owning Santro's earlier to Honda(City) now. Even Vasoo moved from Santro to Honda(Civic). Is there something about ex "H"yundain's liking the "H"onda these days?

Last edited by kalyan_hyd : 16th June 2010 at 15:06.
kalyan_hyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 15:23   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Ram, Many congratulations on your new car. I have been on and off at T-BHP for a while so took my own sweet time to notice your thread.

Its great to see good feedback about the only Honda dealer there is, in Kolkata. It would be of great help to prospective buyers if you keep updating this thread regularly.

PS: OT, but couldn't help containing this: Jayanth, Raghu, you and I moved from owning Santro's earlier to Honda(City) now. Even Vasoo moved from Santro to Honda(Civic). Is there something about ex "H"yundain's liking the "H"onda these days?
Hi Kalyan,

That's absolutely true,

We can as well add Biju(B103) he moved from his Hyundai GETZ to Honda City.

I guess everyone had the same requirement
> Sedan
> Good Engine which can give pleasure and FE
> Peace of Mind

Cheers
Raghu
raghu230506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2010, 18:19   #43
BHPian

Congrats the car looks awesome and great pics and description
carfanatic007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2010, 20:39   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Hi Kalyan,

I guess everyone had the same requirement
> Sedan
> Good Engine which can give pleasure and FE
> Peace of Mind
You are right Raghu. My requriement was exactly as you have indicated above. Plus my family's top choice was ANHC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
Congrats the car looks awesome and great pics and description
Thanks carfanatic007.

Meanwhile, touching 500 km mark. Was out of station for almost 10 days. The first service is coming up in next month 1st week.

So far the drive has been smooth and avg. milage indicator shows 12.4 Km/L. This is with 100% AC on and in City trafic.

Trying to follow the tips about driving style for getting good milage as indicated in the thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...anhc-s-12.html (Got my ANHC-S AT)).
Old 25th June 2010, 09:28   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
So far the drive has been smooth and avg. milage indicator shows 12.4 Km/L. This is with 100% AC on and in City trafic.
Even if the on-board mileage indicator was off by say 1.x kmpl, it is a very good average to get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
Trying to follow the tips about driving style for getting good milage as indicated in the thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...anhc-s-12.html (Got my ANHC-S AT)).
Thanks to Jayanth, Raghu and Star, by following what they mentioned in the thread above, I have improved the mileage on my car by 4 points, earlier I was averaging 9.3 kmpl and in this cycle I am seeing it at 9.7 kmpl already and there are two more days before I hit the reserve. The most important points that helped me are:
1. Turn the engine off at traffic signals.
2. Find the sweet spots where the indicator shows the maximum FE and always try to drive within those limits.
kalyan_hyd is offline   Reply With Quote