Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 16th September 2010, 10:54   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
Hi All,

Second service was done during first week of this month. Oil change and other routine was carried out. Cleaning of the car was OK, could have been better.

The SA offered to switch to Sythentic by explaining stuff like sythentic is better, no need to change for 10K km etc. But I told him to stick to mineral oil only (based on all the knowledge gained from discussion on TBHP). The total bill was Rs. 892 (attached).

I had only a minor problem to report about. The driver side door pad had developed a gap. Same was fixed or should I say glued by the technician.

The job was not done properly as it has left some marks and not cleaned. But as I was getting late for an appoitnment, I had to leave. Later on got it cleaned by myself. Pics attached (after service).

While handing over the vehicle for Service, spoke to Sales team about new version of ANHC and they do not have a clue about new version of ANHC with leather seats/sun roof etc. (as discussed on TBHP). Infact they were surprised to hear about that.

I thought of telling them to follow TBHP to know more about ANHC developments. I just asked them sales figure of ANHC for the month of August. All they could tell me is thier local sales, not the overall All india sales.

I had to tell them that Honda City had very good numbers in August and asked them follow their own website atleast.

But they did admit that they are facing heat from Vento, mainly from Diesel option and indicated that they have definitely lost 7 to 10 customers in favour of Vento in the month of August.
Ram, I had this problem in my Car when i got it new. The problem is a clip was missing, they did not have clip in stock, they got it with in a week and fixed it and its neat.

I think they did not have the same clip in stock for you also and they messed up with gum and all, very bad. I think SA has messed it all instead of getting the clip and get it fixed he has fixed it just like a street side shop. You should complain seriously about this.

Last edited by shamanth : 16th September 2010 at 10:57.
shamanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 10:33   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post

I think they did not have the same clip in stock for you also and they messed up with gum and all, very bad. I think SA has messed it all instead of getting the clip and get it fixed he has fixed it just like a street side shop. You should complain seriously about this.
When I gave the car for Serivce , SA opened the dor pad infornt of me.
The clip was there, but it was not holding properly. I was expecting they will replace it.

But as you have indicated, may be they did not have spare clip and hence glued the exisitng one.

Anyway, talked to the Service manager yesterday after seeing your post. He has promised to fix it properly, whenever I take the car to their workshop. Will do that some time next week.
Ram_NP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2010, 13:17   #63
BHPian

Hello,

Recently, did a Long highway trip from Kolkata to Bhubaneswar. The details, I have posted in the following thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post2113248 (Kolkata - Bhubaneswar (Puri, Konark, Cuttack)).

My Observations during the trip :

1. Maintain a speed of 100-120 KMPH and ANHC drive is perfectly smooth. I did not feel tired after driving 450 Km. The drive really made me smile, as it was my first solo drive >200 km.

2. But above 120 KMPH, it makes you feel that you are driving at high speed. Due trafic and road condition, I could touch maximum 135 KMPH.

3. Onboard average indicator showed around 17.1 Kmpl for a distance of 473 Km, 90% highway.

4. Scrapped four times (with three adults and luggage) on humps near toll gates, as there is hardly any space for cross drive.

5. AC switch was normal for 8 hours of drive and it did not get heated as indicated by some members.

6. Since this was my First Long trip, I felt that ANHC Noise insulation from tyre noise is not so good (I have Michelins) at speeds > 80Kmph. But the noise insulation from other vehicles/ cross-wind is very good.
Old 21st October 2010, 14:19   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

5. AC switch was normal for 8 hours of drive and it did not get heated as indicated by some members.
Were lights turned on, issue is observed only then?

Quote:
6. Since this was my First Long trip, I felt that ANHC Noise insulation from tyre noise is not so good (I have Michelins) at speeds > 80Kmph. But the noise insulation from other vehicles/ cross-wind is very good.
+1, I thought Michelin are quite as stated by many, mine are MRF and it's pathetic.
raghu230506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2010, 16:52   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Were lights turned on, issue is observed only then?
No the Lights were off during my trip, as I drove only in the day time.
But will keep a watch on it during my night drives in the city.
Old 9th November 2010, 11:48   #66
BHPian

Default Inspection of Under body Anit-rust coating

Got the first inspection (after six month of first coat) of the Anit-rust under body coating last Sunday at dealership.

As I had scraped, two/three time badly during my trip to Bhubaneswar and while normal drive in Kolkata, I was apprehensive about the scratches to the underbody.

But while checking in the work shop, relieved to see that there were not many scartches and the under body was fine. Honda seems to have done good engineering on this area.

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-c1.jpg

There was minor scratch in the silencer pipe and

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-c2.jpg

in the back, under the area for spare tyre.

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-c3a.jpg
Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-c3b.jpg

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-c4.jpg

Overall service from the Pinaccle Honda was good. Entire job was carried out in one and half hour and with a complimentary washing.
Old 9th November 2010, 19:41   #67
BHPian

Nice report, I haven't had any major scrapping but was involved in quite a bit of minor ones. I should get something like this done on my car the next time it goes to the service station just to know where I stand.
kalyan_hyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2010, 16:00   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Nice report, I haven't had any major scrapping but was involved in quite a bit of minor ones. I should get something like this done on my car the next time it goes to the service station just to know where I stand.
Thanks Kalyan.

Normally, during the service, the underbody is checked by the technicain as per Honda's standard service check points. You can specifically ask the SA to show you the underbody.
Old 11th November 2010, 10:14   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Kalyan.

Normally, during the service, the underbody is checked by the technicain as per Honda's standard service check points. You can specifically ask the SA to show you the underbody.
Yes Ram, I would do that the next time(mid of December) as I am planning for a personal visit to the service center this time as against calling for a pick-up and drop.

Meanwhile, if you have been reading Raghu and Star's updates, you must have seen that Honda now officially offers headlamp upgrade and that too without any additional relay.

Any plans to upgrade your ANHC's lights? If you happen to inquire your dealer about the upgrades, do keep us posted as not all dealers seem to have heard of these upgrades. I need to check with mine here.
Old 11th November 2010, 12:56   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Yes Ram, I would do that the next time(mid of December) as I am planning for a personal visit to the service center this time as against calling for a pick-up and drop.

Meanwhile, if you have been reading Raghu and Star's updates, you must have seen that Honda now officially offers headlamp upgrade and that too without any additional relay.

Any plans to upgrade your ANHC's lights? If you happen to inquire your dealer about the upgrades, do keep us posted as not all dealers seem to have heard of these upgrades. I need to check with mine here.
I dont think any service center will upgrade to 90/100W. They just offer to sell Osram Night Breaker or Philips extreme. Which is 55/60W, little bit powerful. And each bulbs costs around Rs 900.

Total upgrade to 90/100W with relay cost me just Rs 850 and working fine even after 1 year. I get it done outside. Its really very difficult to drive in highway with 55/60W since most vehicles are upgraded to 90/100W or even 100/130W.

Actually 90/100W is illegal, so they wont upgrade officially, nor manufuturer can roll out with 90/100W. And directly fitting 90/100W without a relay might damage your car electricals. If you install a relay only damage that might occur is damage to relay.

Last edited by shamanth : 11th November 2010 at 12:57.
Old 11th November 2010, 14:00   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
I dont think any service center will upgrade to 90/100W. They just offer to sell Osram Night Breaker or Philips extreme. Which is 55/60W, little bit powerful. And each bulbs costs around Rs 900.

Total upgrade to 90/100W with relay cost me just Rs 850 and working fine even after 1 year. I get it done outside. Its really very difficult to drive in highway with 55/60W since most vehicles are upgraded to 90/100W or even 100/130W.

Actually 90/100W is illegal, so they wont upgrade officially, nor manufuturer can roll out with 90/100W. And directly fitting 90/100W without a relay might damage your car electricals. If you install a relay only damage that might occur is damage to relay.
Thanks for the detailed notes on this, Shamanth. You are absolutely right about the part that not fitting a relay will harm the car electrical's in case of 90/100W upgrade. Its like a fuse which prevents damage to the intended item and takes a hit in case of a break.

I think going by what Star mentioned here(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2134849 (Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...)), its Philips Extreem lamps costing Rs 1200.00 per pair that the dealer is offering.

I am not keen on any upgrade outside of my Honda service center so I might consider Philips Extreem, even if I am not happy with their pricing. Star says that the new lamps have increased the beam by about 50 metres. I believe thats better compared to the stock bulbs we have on ANHC.
Old 11th November 2010, 14:38   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the detailed notes on this, Shamanth. You are absolutely right about the part that not fitting a relay will harm the car electrical's in case of 90/100W upgrade. Its like a fuse which prevents damage to the intended item and takes a hit in case of a break.

I think going by what Star mentioned here(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2134849 (Heart over mind... ANHC wins the heart...)), its Philips Extreem lamps costing Rs 1200.00 per pair that the dealer is offering.

I am not keen on any upgrade outside of my Honda service center so I might consider Philips Extreem, even if I am not happy with their pricing. Star says that the new lamps have increased the beam by about 50 metres. I believe thats better compared to the stock bulbs we have on ANHC.
Ya right, Its better to go for Phillips extreme if you are not ready to change to relay. Its simply dangerous to drive with stock 55/60W in highways. I have Osram Night breaker in my bike, its very good, if you try outside SVC you might get it for 1400 a pair.
Old 10th December 2010, 17:35   #73
BHPian

Default Third Servie Update

Hello,

Got my third free service done last Saturday (invoice attached for reference).

I had problem with my Right Rear door rubber strip, as it had come out in places. Same was fixed. Apart from above, I had no other problem to report.

The Engine oil and oil filter was changed. Attaching picutres (sorry for poor quality, taken from mobile phone).

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-car_1.jpg

Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City-car_2.jpg

Honda dealer has pointed out that next service/check-up to be done after three months. I certainly do not agree for it and will take up with Honda.

I remember, some member had taken up this issue with Honda (One to One). Just wanted to know the outcome of it. I need to check the owner's manual for service interval after third service.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Third_servic_bill.pdf (81.9 KB, 255 views)
Old 10th December 2010, 18:24   #74
BHPian

Default Re: Third Servie Update

Quote:
Hello,

Got my third free service done last Saturday (invoice attached for reference).

I had problem with my Right Rear door rubber strip, as it had come out in places. Same was fixed. Apart from above, I had no other problem to report.

The Engine oil and oil filter was changed. Attaching picutres (sorry for poor quality, taken from mobile phone).

Attachment 466717

Attachment 466719

Honda dealer has pointed out that next service/check-up to be done after three months. I certainly do not agree for it and will take up with Honda.

I remember, some member had taken up this issue with Honda (One to One). Just wanted to know the outcome of it. I need to check the owner's manual for service interval after third service.
Get it serviced at 6 months or 5k which ever is earlier. These dealer try to loot us, the 3 months service is just gimik which is check up and water wash and they charge you 1k, and they try to give you stupid reasons like Bangalore has harsh environment due to metro construction. According to Honda its 6 months or 5k. We need to blast Honda for leaving dealers to do whatever they want and try to loot money from car owners.

Last edited by shamanth : 10th December 2010 at 18:25.
Old 17th December 2010, 18:23   #75
BHPian

Default Re: Moving From "H" to "H" - My Honda City

I am using the Philips Xtreme Power bulbs (60/55w) in my Swift VDI.
I had recently been to Maharashtra in this car and it did involve some night
driving.

I was earlier using Philips 100/90w bulbs in my Swift VDI.
Compared to this, the spread is not that much with the Xtreme power bulbs.
You don't need a cutout for the Swift diesel.

I have the Philips 100/90W bulbs in my Honda Jazz. Got this done near
my house. Cutout (Rs. 200 I think. Company - Interface), wiring kit (Rs. 450).
These bulbs are better is what I feel.

BTW, the Xtreme Power/Vision bulbs are available in Bangalore at

A.K TRADERS
PH: 4114-3199, 4114-3958
# 22/23, 1 FLOOR, SEETHALAKSHMI COMPLEX,
3'RD CROSS, JC ROAD, BLORE 02

This was earlier mentioned by Jaggu in one of his posts.
I spoke to the owner, went there and bought the bulbs.

A pair cost Rs. 830/- with bill.

Regards
Ravi.
iridium is offline   Reply With Quote