Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 15th June 2010, 00:48   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Maybe I am misunderstanding something, but I don't get the point of this.
In cheaper variants of cars, bumper may be black colour. In the expensive ones, it's always body colour.
In cheaper variants of cars, mirrors may be black colour. In the expensive ones, they are usually body colour.

So what's the point in taking a B-Pillar which is the same colour as the rest of the car & painting it black?
If I may jump in; the reason to paint the B-pillar black, usually makes sense when the owner is fitting tints. Then, painting the B-pillar, gives the impression of a large, continuous glasshouse.

What Raj was saying is actually a very nice point, it shows great attention to detail. See, when you just paint the door pillars black, with the actual B-Pillars still having "body" colour; when you shut the door, due to the gap in the shutlines between the front and rear doors, the body colour shows through like a dividing line between the glasshouse. Raj was suggesting a black tape to mask that shutline.
Amartya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 10:08   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maybe I am misunderstanding something, but I don't get the point of this.
In cheaper variants of cars, bumper may be black colour. In the expensive ones, it's always body colour.
In cheaper variants of cars, mirrors may be black colour. In the expensive ones, they are usually body colour.

So what's the point in taking a B-Pillar which is the same colour as the rest of the car & painting it black?
B & C pillars are blackened for aesthetics buddy. its not the same as ORVMs & bumpers.

infact, many cars like swift, innova, etc. gets blackened pillars on the top end models & not the base models. even the manufacturer sticks a black vinyl onto the pillars.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 21:00   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Nice color combo ! The wheel caps look neat & add to the looks with the B pillar blackening

Nice detailing job, this color looks awesome when it nicely treated & maintained. how are you maintaining the look ?
The clean it whenever i feel it needs it. I use 3 methods.

1. If only dust and light dirt is there , i start off with using a car duster followed by wiping with a microfibre cloth ( wiping in only one direction and shaking off the dust from the cloth before using it again)
I finish by using an insatnt detailer spray like Megs ultimate detailer.

2. For moderate amount of dirt, I use a damp cloth to clean (again using the same method of wiping in only one direction and rinsing the cloth after every wipe) and finish with Instant detailer .

3. When really dirty i go the whole hog and wash the car with a car shampoo nd follow it up with instant detailer.

I also wax the car . Have waxed it twice till now.

Quote:
Raj_5004 and Amartya have explained the reason clearly. By blackening the B pillar you break up the vertical expanse of the side and since this is a tall boy this helps in giving it a more balanced proportion.
-NUT-case is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 23:04   #49
BHPian

It was an excellent review, i read everything and felt along with your trip. But still, i can't get the deal behind your thread title as your verdict also states positiveness towards this car.

Between i liked these in your review: was touching
Quote:
"So one more member in our family now" . I guess that about sums up the feeling of buying a new car
Quote:
Some friends we met up on the way.They said HI! to TBHP
Keychain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 08:50   #50
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car.

Nice review and travelogue. Good pictures. FE definitely is not great. Heck, i get 11.x on my ANHC with 100% AC in ever-congested Bangalore city and i do spirited driving.

I dont think there's a reason to panic, take it up with Maruti during next service.
Also check your driving style and try switching close to 2000 rpm range.
SkyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 09:02   #51
Senior - BHPian

Great report buddy! I've almost finalized the wagonR for my city commute, but the FE figures are worrying to say the least. I think it should go up once the car crosses 2000 kms or so.

How much has it done now? Can you pls update the FE you are getting currently?
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 20:44   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keychain View Post
But still, i can't get the deal behind your thread title as your verdict also states positiveness towards this car.
The title is aimed at all those who think that the WagonR is bought only by
"Non-enthusiasts" with no/very little knowledge about cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Congrats on the car.

Nice review and travelogue. Good pictures. FE definitely is not great. Heck, i get 11.x on my ANHC with 100% AC in ever-congested Bangalore city and i do spirited driving.

I dont think there's a reason to panic, take it up with Maruti during next service.
Also check your driving style and try switching close to 2000 rpm range.
Im getting used to driving this engine. Lets see if FE increases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Great report buddy! I've almost finalized the wagonR for my city commute, but the FE figures are worrying to say the least. I think it should go up once the car crosses 2000 kms or so.

How much has it done now? Can you pls update the FE you are getting currently?
It has already crosse 2000Km, presently at 2400Km. I have not driven it enough after the last tank full to go in for the next fill-up. Will try and give you teh current FE this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit Mehta View Post
I would love some interior shots with legroom details & the music system that came along preinstalled. Thanks for the report.
The pics you requested.

Normal position in which i drive

Why I was stupid enough to buy a '10 WagonR VXI. EDIT : 6,000 kms update on pg.6-img_0144.jpg

Legroom at the back with front seat in normal position

Why I was stupid enough to buy a '10 WagonR VXI. EDIT : 6,000 kms update on pg.6-img_0143.jpg

Position of the pedals(Very comfortable for me)

Why I was stupid enough to buy a '10 WagonR VXI. EDIT : 6,000 kms update on pg.6-img_0145.jpg

Front passenger leg room with seat in normal position.

Why I was stupid enough to buy a '10 WagonR VXI. EDIT : 6,000 kms update on pg.6-img_0146.jpg

Driver seat pushed all the way back.

Why I was stupid enough to buy a '10 WagonR VXI. EDIT : 6,000 kms update on pg.6-img_0149.jpg

Passenger seat pushed all the way in front.

Why I was stupid enough to buy a '10 WagonR VXI. EDIT : 6,000 kms update on pg.6-img_0150.jpg

One seat in fully forward and one seat in fully pulled back possition

Why I was stupid enough to buy a '10 WagonR VXI. EDIT : 6,000 kms update on pg.6-img_0153.jpg

Why I was stupid enough to buy a '10 WagonR VXI. EDIT : 6,000 kms update on pg.6-img_0154.jpg

The OEM head unit. ( I have not yet gone through all the functions for the various buttons)

Why I was stupid enough to buy a '10 WagonR VXI. EDIT : 6,000 kms update on pg.6-img_0147.jpg
Old 16th June 2010, 21:30   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post

It has already crosse 2000Km, presently at 2400Km. I have not driven it enough after the last tank full to go in for the next fill-up. Will try and give you teh current FE this weekend.

great pix Nutcase. This is by far the most comprehensive report about the new WagonR.

Btw, have you purchased the USB cable for the stereo? Any idea how much it costs and is it available?
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 21:37   #54
BHPian

Nutcase, if in case you get the USB cable please do let me know. I too have OE setup of the music system that doesnt have the USB slot
MutantX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 21:52   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
The pics you requested.
Thanks a lot NUT-case,

Thats a very detailed response in pictures. In the first picture, on the driver's side, what is that round control thing just above the power window buttons? Electric ORVM ??

I have driven the WagonR (first model) for about 5 years, and the shift into second gear was very hard in it. When I drove the one that a friend had (first model again), it had the same problem. I hope the new one does not have the same gearbox or that problem.
Amit Mehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 23:08   #56
BHPian

Awesome man, truly awesome!!! What a way to illustrate the space inside the car. I feel Maruti can very well use them for their ADs. The new WagonR is certainly spacious. I sat in it in the showroom and my father was very impressed with the amount of leg-room and the ease of getting in/out of the car.

I don't know about the gear-shift quality of the previous version but the new one has a very smooth shift. But I think I was able to hear some sound under the vehicle (don't remember exactly) when I tried shifting gears.

-NUT-case, can you check your car and tell me if it is present?
SchumiFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2010, 21:17   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
great pix Nutcase. This is by far the most comprehensive report about the new WagonR.

Btw, have you purchased the USB cable for the stereo? Any idea how much it costs and is it available?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Nutcase, if in case you get the USB cable please do let me know. I too have OE setup of the music system that doesnt have the USB slot

I have not got the USB cable yet as it was out of stock with INDUS. The price they mentioned was app Rs 1500/ for the cable. Will let you know when i get it. As of now i use a Sansa R 1 Gb which can take MicroSD card as well giving it a capacity of 3GB as of now, connected to the AUX input .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit Mehta View Post
I hope the new one does not have the same gearbox or that problem.
The gear shift is quite good . I cannot compare it with the old WagonR as I have not driven one . I dont face any problems shifting gears as of now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
But I think I was able to hear some sound under the vehicle (don't remember exactly) when I tried shifting gears.

-NUT-case, can you check your car and tell me if it is present?
Checked and yes you can hear sounds . But all cars make noise when you shift gears when engine is not running. So i wouldn't call it a fault. You can maybe hear it more in this car as the incabin noise insulation in this car is not as good as, say the Beat or I10.

P.S - Thank you all for the appreciation.
Old 17th June 2010, 23:02   #58
BHPian

Very well written.Really enjoyed your story.

One thing that bothers me is the bubbles in the sunfilm.This should never have happened and all that logic which is the dealership is providing is silly.

I got my SX4 done at GLIX(one of the most renowned in Kolkata).They did without removing the glass and without a single bubble

The Wagon R is a very capable car and I TD-ed the new one which is much much better than the old one.Everything has improved including the plastic quality.

I had the same dilemma a month back when my father-in-law wanted to buy a car around 4L and I had chosen the Figo.It was a very close fight between the Wagon R and the Figo.Your evaluation of the other cars was pretty similar to mine.
joy_swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2010, 13:23   #59
BHPian

I test drove the new wagon-r for my friends and yes it do have vibartions at idle.He booked the Vxi on 24 may which i feel is worth for the extra 20k over lxi.
The deivery date as sais by the sales rep is on 25 June ,but now he is telling like it might get delayed more as only few of Vxi are being produced in comparison to Lxi.
We are planning to wait till this month end and if needed take up the issue with maruti.
Any idea on the non-availability of Vxi?
bullboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2010, 12:48   #60
Senior - BHPian

I don't understand why you call yourself stupid.

In my opinion the Wagon R is a very good option in the small car segment, but only now. I never liked this car but I now like the overall turn out of the car. Exterior & interior. It is also very spacious, practical, trouble free & very efficient.

Excellent buy.
sandeepmohan is offline   Reply With Quote