Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 16th June 2010, 11:37   #31
BHPian

sorry doc, i had to come back due to my heavy schedules here, even i left my car for partial restoration. ppl will be amazed here that i didn't even sit in driver's seat for more than 6days, i only know how i was controlling myself in all those beautiful places, beautiful roads and hairpin curves without me in driver's seat. next time, i'll get my car, will go and stay back in munnar for a week.
Karthik1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 11:57   #32
BHPian

one more pic here after editing
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Eeco came home !-crw_5813.jpg  

Old 2nd July 2010, 09:37   #33
BHPian

Thumbs up

I congratulate you on your purchase. The Eeco is a very good car for Indian road conditions. Apart from the peppy engine and the slick gearshift, what i like about it is the brilliant road view it offers. This is perhaps the most VFM product from Maruti at the moment.
However, does the AC have sufficient effect in the second row, without the rear ac vents? I know that the Versa was exceptional in this regard. Is the Eeco equally commendable?
Nissan1180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2010, 18:47   #34
BHPian

Congrats!
One of our family friend has bought Eeco and I had the oppurtunity to take it for a short drive.
First thing that strikes you is the absense of power steering (it was rude shock for me, but then its a VFM product). AC is quite good. Vibrations and noise is at acceptable levels, i'm glad this is not compromised for cost saving.
VFM is what comes to your mind when are done with your first drive. If only Maruti can add PS in the top variant, they will be many more buyers.
mTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2010, 20:33   #35
BHPian

Congrats for the Eeco. Karthik has made the Eeco a superstar. Maruti definitely should have a look at this thread. Lovely snaps.
Great work, guys.
Utopian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2010, 22:29   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
one more pic here after editing
wow! liked the effect! and congratulations on your new car and by the way it is good to blur your reg no! enjoy your drive!
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2010, 06:38   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
I congratulate you on your purchase. The Eeco is a very good car for Indian road conditions. Apart from the peppy engine and the slick gearshift, what i like about it is the brilliant road view it offers. This is perhaps the most VFM product from Maruti at the moment.
However, does the AC have sufficient effect in the second row, without the rear ac vents? I know that the Versa was exceptional in this regard. Is the Eeco equally commendable?
Thank you !
Like I said, My TD was after the delivery of the Eeco. My first ride was as a back seater and the most noticeable thing was the AC reach up to the backseat.Before we sat in the Eeco, our main concern was the AC reach. I asked Mr. Dharmendra, GM of Pratham Motors about it. "Sir, you wont believe it !" is all that he said emphatically. Thats exactly what we found out later.
The single AC of the Eeco is excellent, considering the size and volume of the Eeco- quite commendable indeed

The absence of power steering isn't felt much. The steering is quite comfortable and smooth. The turning radius is 4.5m and helps a lot.

Last edited by docel : 3rd July 2010 at 06:53.
docel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 10:17   #38
BHPian

Congrats Doc on your purchase as well as the lovely write up about it ! Karthik's pics are simply 'out of the world' !
kannan666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 11:07   #39
Senior - BHPian

Dear Doc,
You are not adhering to traffic rules in the first two pictures posted on June 15.
(No offences meant)
Very good photos. Maruti can use it for Eeco promos.
Rajeev

Last edited by rajeev k : 4th July 2010 at 11:09. Reason: corrections
rajeev k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 11:13   #40
BHPian

Great pictures. Great writeup. A value for money vehicle. A good combination of man and the machine.
AstonMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 11:25   #41
BHPian

Thanks for the comment Rajeev. We backed it out of the house just for a photo but never let it unattended. Nevertheless, its wrong. Thank you so much, for pointing that out on a Public Forum. Will get it deleted by the Moderators.
Old 4th July 2010, 14:20   #42
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase. You seem to be really putting the car to good use. I TD'd an Eeco back in February, but then decided that I needed more frills and power steering. It was a fine car to drive though, with strong eager engine and excellent road view. The Eeco was car that I did my first power-slide in. I accidentally drifted the rear a bit when making a U-turn because I forgot it was RWD, and that is one of the more pleasant memories I have. the FE of 14-15 is impressive considering it's on ghats. Please post your FE on a highway trip and city runs if possible.

Regarding the headlights, I too found them a bit weak. Considering your trips, n upgrade to DiamondVision, NightBreakers or 100/90s with relay is definitely a must. I'd suggest Nightbreakers because they don't need any change or addition in wiring. On the other hand, 100/90s are cheaper to replace. There is also a provision for additional lamps on the front bumper.

The OTR price that you paid is 50K over the 3.3 lacs OTR that I was quoted back then for 5 seat AC model. Is it just because I'm in a non-metro, or because of post-budget increase?
vivekgk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 15:26   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
It was a fine car to drive though, with strong eager engine and excellent road view. The Eeco was car that I did my first power-slide in. I accidentally drifted the rear a bit when making a U-turn because I forgot it was RWD, and that is one of the more pleasant memories I have. the FE of 14-15 is impressive considering it's on ghats. Please post your FE on a highway trip and city runs if possible.?
Thanks @vivekgk !
Well- I ain't talking about MY slides here ! Somewhere in the beginning, I mention a take-off though. Some of the Videos of the highway are around in my Youtube channel.

I thought I had posted this, but I changed the stock Headlights to 100/90 with relay. Its much better now. Planning to install Rallye4000s, once my pocket inflates a little.

The extra 50k was due to the post-budget increase of April.
Old 4th July 2010, 16:46   #44
Senior - BHPian

Some great pictures on this thread man! OP, Congrats on the car!
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 10:14   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Dear Doc,
You are not adhering to traffic rules in the first two pictures posted on June 15.
(No offences meant)
Very good photos. Maruti can use it for Eeco promos.
Rajeev
Dear rajiv, regarding those photos: we were very much sure that no vehicle is coming from opposite side and we could able to see from 2 kilometers away as it was a hill station. and more over Docel was shifting the eeco to the other side of the road for a safer parking place, and he was not aware of me taking those 2 photos. he has not stopped the car in a wrong place.