Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 18th June 2010, 08:15   #46
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Ideally the front tyre pressure should be slightly more than the rear tyres since the front carried the engine weight. The rear tyre pressure should be more in case you have three passengers+load in the boot. As per Ford figures it says for no load i.e only driver, the front & rear tyres should have the same 30 psi whereas for full load it should be 37 in front & 44 in back. Absolutely clueless about such a diff in the tyre pressure.

@raghu - you should have a second opinion about the tyre pressure you are maintaining, its way beyond Ford figures.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 16:43   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Ideally the front tyre pressure should be slightly more than the rear tyres since the front carried the engine weight. The rear tyre pressure should be more in case you have three passengers+load in the boot. As per Ford figures it says for no load i.e only driver, the front & rear tyres should have the same 30 psi whereas for full load it should be 37 in front & 44 in back. Absolutely clueless about such a diff in the tyre pressure.

@raghu - you should have a second opinion about the tyre pressure you are maintaining, its way beyond Ford figures.
Ford manual says under less load (i.e only driver+optional 1 passenger) 30 front & 35 back! This is true for all variant except S which has higher profile tires. In case of S its 30 PSI front and back!. I think you are referring to S variant, where as mine is SXI. Now I don't why this is so, but I go by Ford rule! They should know their car better.

As u suggested under full load, the figures are absurd 35(front) and 45(back) psi!
RaguHolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 17:06   #48
Senior - BHPian

my car mostly with one person (me in the driver seat) or max with a front passenger
(if long drive) and I have been maintaining a pressure of 30 (front) and 32 (rear)
and the drive has been always smooth and comfotable.
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 10:10   #49
BHPian

My beast, driven alone most time and 32 psi all around. Smooth as silk.
Initially started with 30 in the front and 32 back but wasnt convinced.
32 in all tyres and have driven quite a bit with no reason to complain.
Wonder why ford has these figures inflated. Do you really think 35 is necessary ??

Last edited by nairanupg : 23rd June 2010 at 10:11.
nairanupg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 10:28   #50
Senior - BHPian

Imo, 30/30 or 30/32 is sufficient for a smooth and comfortable drive. Not able to justify why the need of 35 in the rear when car load is less (only one person who is in the driver seat) as most of the weight falls into the front portion (including the engine weight) and logically the car need more air pressure in front tyres?

Last edited by nairrk : 23rd June 2010 at 10:28. Reason: correction
Old 23rd June 2010, 12:05   #51
BHPian

I keep 32/35! I find it no difference in riding comfort comparing 32/32 or 30/30 (in city driving). Even in high speed (140km on elevated highway) I don't find any difference in comfort. May be Ford wanted to get maximum FE when only front passengers are traveling with little high pressure at back. I can't think why is this so!
RaguHolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2010, 11:37   #52
BHPian

experienced a new thing yesterday...was on my way to drop a friend to the aport and suddenly out of nowhere i hear a THUD and my front bonnet jumps up a bit... at first i feared the worst, but after a few seconds i realized that the bonnet had just opened. Still, mystery surrounded the fact that it opened automatically right in the middle of the road. Another few minutes later i realized that my friend must have by mistake pulled the knob by his foot. Was really irritated at Ford guys for doing this. grrrrrrrrrrrrr
amitverma123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2010, 11:41   #53
Senior - BHPian

Red face

Thats strange Amit coz I thought the bonnet opening level was way above the foot location. I guess your friend must have tried tom operate this lever to check what it does.
Seriously one of the major desirables in the new Ford Fiesta would be to have the lever at the driver's side.
Ford wake up to the customer needs.
Old 7th July 2010, 11:18   #54
BHPian

Hey guys...Just checked the mileage of the car and its come out to be 8.5 kmpl this time around. Am posting my 1000 km report today
Old 7th July 2010, 11:33   #55
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitverma123 View Post
Hey guys...Just checked the mileage of the car and its come out to be 8.5 kmpl this time around. Am posting my 1000 km report today
Amit,

Thats pretty low average you are getting. What method are you using to calculate the avg. The tank to tank full methiod is the ideal one. I guess you need to bring this up with the service guys when you go for your first service. You need to check the fuel too, try another dealer if reqd.
Hows the experience so far?
Old 7th July 2010, 13:52   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Thats strange Amit coz I thought the bonnet opening level was way above the foot location. I guess your friend must have tried tom operate this lever to check what it does.
Seriously one of the major desirables in the new Ford Fiesta would be to have the lever at the driver's side.
Ford wake up to the customer needs.
Why cramp the driver side? Already too many things to fiddle with!

IMO, the lever on the passenger side is positioned in such a way that it cannot be opened accidentally by foot or hand...only a deliberate action will open it.
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 14:38   #57
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post

IMO, the lever on the passenger side is positioned in such a way that it cannot be opened accidentally by foot or hand...only a deliberate action will open it.
No need to cramp the drivers side, can be provided below the dashboard similar to the one which is available in Santro. Always prefarable to have the controls with the driver rather than co-passenger or else similar incidents would occur frequently.
Or else have another push button operated switch on the dashboard similar to the Boot open.
Old 3rd August 2010, 22:46   #58
BHPian

Default My Fiesta beats the Verna D on expressway :D

check out this video guys -

Also, the average is continuously below 8.5 only. Guess will speak to the Ford guys during first service. And I am using the tank full to full method. Only when i took it to Pune it gave me 11 kmpl on full AC.
Old 4th August 2010, 09:49   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post

+
imo the lever cannot be opened accidently since it has to be pulled out enable open the bonnet.
The driver is the one who has to use this lever hence it has to be in the driver side.
imo, ford cars initially designed outside India where they have the left hand drive system hence they have kept the lever in the left side position.
when they introduced the cars in India, they have moved steering etc to right side but forgot to shift the bonner opening lever also to the right/drivers side?
Old 4th August 2010, 10:08   #60
BHPian

Hey!
Your steering has 3 chrome bits.
Experts, does the limited edition only come with 3 chrome bits on steering?

And in your video, the Verna D dominated for quite some time. Seems like he didn't want to take it further. PM me about the happenings. Team-BHP does not encourage street racing.

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 4th August 2010 at 10:15.
abhipuru16 is offline   Reply With Quote