Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2010, 10:49   #61
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

it is not the limited edition only..
3 chrome bits on steering will be there for all variants which has got no Airbags.
The Fiesta variants which has got Airbags will have only one chrome bit on the steering!!
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 12:27   #62
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,272
Thanked: 1,236 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Ideally the front tyre pressure should be slightly more than the rear tyres since the front carried the engine weight. The rear tyre pressure should be more in case you have three passengers+load in the boot. As per Ford figures it says for no load i.e only driver, the front & rear tyres should have the same 30 psi whereas for full load it should be 37 in front & 44 in back. Absolutely clueless about such a diff in the tyre pressure.

@raghu - you should have a second opinion about the tyre pressure you are maintaining, its way beyond Ford figures.
As far as I remember, it is 35 in front and 44 in the rear tyres under full load conditions. I found that when I travel full load with 44 psi in the rear tyres, the car does not bottom out on speed-breakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Ford manual says under less load (i.e only driver+optional 1 passenger) 30 front & 35 back! This is true for all variant except S which has higher profile tires. In case of S its 30 PSI front and back!. I think you are referring to S variant, where as mine is SXI. Now I don't why this is so, but I go by Ford rule! They should know their car better.

As u suggested under full load, the figures are absurd 35(front) and 45(back) psi!
My manual recommends 30 all round for light load and 35/44 under full load. It does not have anything like 30 in the front and 35 in the rear. Mine is an SXI too
vnabhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 13:08   #63
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

our manual says that 30/35 (i.e 30 in front and 35 in rear) in normal load and 30/44 in full load. (for sports model it says 30/30 and 36/41).
cannot understand why need of 35 in rear when on normal load whereas the engine load will come on to front tyres where they recommend to keep 30psi???
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 13:25   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,041
Thanked: 2,086 Times
Wink

Nair sir,

If you see the figures on the sticker pasted on the left front door, it says 30 psi in front & rear under no load and 37 in front and 44 in rear under full load conditions.
But the attendant at the bunk where I fill in the air argues saying that 32 goes in front and 30 at rear and he has been filling the same since ages on Ford vehicle esp the Fiesta.
ghodlur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 13:52   #65
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 951
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

IMO, the figures given on stickers should be taken into consideration and given more weightage than the manual, since the manual might be outdated. Hopefully, the stickers are pasted at factory and not by dealer who may goof up and paste endeavour sticker on a fiesta!!
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 13:58   #66
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Yes, looks like the manual supplied is of wrong information or may be it was printed long back!
I have been filling air on my car tyres (using my handy air compressor) and maintaing
32 in front and 30 or 31 in rear.
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 14:09   #67
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitverma123 View Post
check out this video guys
While the Verna D is no match for the Fiesta's handling capabilities and high speed stability, it will manage to stay ahead given a flat piece of road and a driver who is not scared of the scary ride and bouncing. The Fiesta will get ahead at the first hint of a corner though. And in the video it looked like the Verna slowed down. Anyway, I don't think posting of videos of this sort are encouraged here. Drive safe.

Why is the engine note hardly audible? My 1.6S would have been howling like a banshee at those speeds.
Quote:
Also, the average is continuously below 8.5 only. Guess will speak to the Ford guys during first service. And I am using the tank full to full method. Only when i took it to Pune it gave me 11 kmpl on full AC.
8-10 is the normal city mileage. Varies according to road conditions.

Last edited by Gilead : 4th August 2010 at 14:11.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 14:48   #68
BHPian
 
sv1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 121
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Same with the attendant at my regular bunk also. Some diesel cars like Indica suggests two points more in the front. I think the bunk guys have made it a standard for all diesels.

I've been keeping 32 on all 4 in the city. Though I've never kept 45 with full load till date, didnt encounter any speed-breaker scrapes with 32 & 35 psi.

@Amit, congrats on your buy and welcome to the Fiesta Club.
sv1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 10:25   #69
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,272
Thanked: 1,236 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Why is the engine note hardly audible? My 1.6S would have been howling like a banshee at those speeds.
.
Same question occurred to me. Even my car would have made a loud snarl at such speeds---the tacho even read 5000 at one point in the video.

It looks like your ICE celebrated your win by switching over to a better song after you overtook the Verna
vnabhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2010, 21:29   #70
BHPian
 
carfanatic007's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 207
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Same question occurred to me. Even my car would have made a loud snarl at such speeds---the tacho even read 5000 at one point in the video.

It looks like your ICE celebrated your win by switching over to a better song after you overtook the Verna
Hey Vnabhi, Nair, Ghodlur etc. fiesta gurus, I wanted few clarifications:

1)SP told me to maintain a speed limit of 60-70 lmph for run-in period, is that the limit to be maintianed?
2) RPM limit is 2000 or 2500?
3) SP was saying maintain the above till 1st service which is at 5k km which seems too high

Please advise
carfanatic007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2010, 09:49   #71
Senior - BHPian
 
nairrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Payyannur-Kannur district
Posts: 2,106
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
Hey Vnabhi, Nair, Ghodlur etc. fiesta gurus, I wanted few clarifications:

1)SP told me to maintain a speed limit of 60-70 lmph for run-in period, is that the limit to be maintianed?
2) RPM limit is 2000 or 2500?
3) SP was saying maintain the above till 1st service which is at 5k km which seems too high

Please advise
+
Ford recommends running-in period 1500kms and not 5000kms.
Also recommended try not to exceed RPM 2500 till reaching 1500kms.!
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 08:23   #72
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,041
Thanked: 2,086 Times
Smile

As righlty said by Nair sir, keep the rpms below 2500 till the run in period of 1500 kms.
Do the gear shifting at 2K rpms (sufficient for city driving), the speeds reached will be almost 60 kmph. If you are driving regularly on highways, rev the engine to around 3K rpms but after the run in period.
ghodlur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 15:53   #73
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 394
Thanked: 154 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv1976 View Post
I've been keeping 32 on all 4 in the city. Though I've never kept 45 with full load till date, didnt encounter any speed-breaker scrapes with 32 & 35 psi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Yes, looks like the manual supplied is of wrong information or may be it was printed long back!
I have been filling air on my car tyres (using my handy air compressor) and maintaing
32 in front and 30 or 31 in rear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
IMO, the figures given on stickers should be taken into consideration and given more weightage than the manual, since the manual might be outdated. Hopefully, the stickers are pasted at factory and not by dealer who may goof up and paste endeavour sticker on a fiesta!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Nair sir,

If you see the figures on the sticker pasted on the left front door, it says 30 psi in front & rear under no load and 37 in front and 44 in rear under full load conditions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
our manual says that 30/35 (i.e 30 in front and 35 in rear) in normal load and 30/44 in full load. (for sports model it says 30/30 and 36/41).
cannot understand why need of 35 in rear when on normal load whereas the engine load will come on to front tyres where they recommend to keep 30psi???
I wrote to Ford customer care regarding tire pressure, and this is what I got reply after 15 days.

Dear Mr.Holla ,

This is in reference to your mail.

We had a discussion with our team regarding your query.We wish to inform you that the tyre specifiations & tyre pressure are based on design parameters of the vehicle.We would recommend you to maintain the following tyre pressures in the vehicle:

30 Psi - Both Front & Rear - in normal load condition

36 Psi in Front & 41 Psi in Rear - in full load conditions.

We wish to inform you that we only recomend ford approved accessories/parts/Tyre specs for our vehicles the reason being,that these are tested and validated as per specifications.

Request your understanding on this.

Regards,

K.A.Saravanan
FIL - Customer Relations


This means that pressure mentioned in manual is wrong for non S variant, and we should all follow what is defined for S variant.

Thought of sharing this you all.
RaguHolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 10:11   #74
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 28
Thanked: Once
Default

I tried various psi settings and have now settled at 33psi on all tyres, partly because blore has so many speedbreakers. I also had a eureka moment recently when I noted that, unlike the Japanese cars that have pure electric power steering, I am able to feel clearly through the steering, if there are pressure variations in the tyres.
unni_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 11:14   #75
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 951
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
I wrote to Ford customer care regarding tire pressure, and this is what I got reply after 15 days. ...
...
We would recommend you to maintain the following tyre pressures in the vehicle:

30 Psi - Both Front & Rear - in normal load condition

36 Psi in Front & 41 Psi in Rear - in full load conditions.
This is exactly what the sticker at the front passenger doorside says, at least in my SXI.
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Sea Grey Shark Attack!!! Fiesta 1.6S delivered. capt_rocker Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 178 1st November 2011 17:34
My new Sea grey Ford Fiesta 1.6SXI jaganm Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 90 23rd December 2010 07:50
My New Sea Grey Ford Fiesta Duratec Sxi Petrol pramodpk Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 9 21st September 2010 10:57
Sea Grey passion: Finally got my new Ford Figo 1.4 Diesel Titanium sathya79 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 24 8th July 2010 19:42


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:10.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks