Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 13th December 2010, 18:44   #166
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club

^^ That is shocking. Are you planing to complain? Did you inform GM that he should rather try his hand in some B grade news channels? First the crap about the run in period and now this.

The GM in Talera Pune is well knowledged and when he does not know things he admits and assigns that to an expert.
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 22:10   #167
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
^^ That is shocking. Are you planing to complain? Did you inform GM that he should rather try his hand in some B grade news channels? First the crap about the run in period and now this.

The GM in Talera Pune is well knowledged and when he does not know things he admits and assigns that to an expert.
Atleast some Figo customers like you get good and transparent service centres.
Mustang was saying that Bhagat Ford is the best Service centre of Ford. Even thought of calling them for my problem.
I am still waiting for Ford's response and thought of taking forward.
I do not have time and also do not want to get my mood spoiled by arguing with useless people.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 23:41   #168
BHPian

The service center guys will wake up only when you prove you mean business. I'm a customer service professional myself and always demand good service else I ensure the guy at the top hears me out. I had a torrid time with Chennai Ford a couple of years ago and it was only after I spoke to someone in the management team, did they realise that I was not going to take things lying down.

Also it helps if you tell them you are part of a huge internet forum like teambhp. It really does have the effect. I once went to the planet bajaj workshop in Thane and told them that I was part of a pulsargroup which Rajiv Bajaj himself recognised and they gave me special treatment and after the reapairs sheepishly walked upto me and said "hamare bare mein kuch acha bhi likhiye na"
vij4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 07:26   #169
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij4all View Post
The service center guys will wake up only when you prove you mean business. I'm a customer service professional myself and always demand good service else I ensure the guy at the top hears me out. I had a torrid time with Chennai Ford a couple of years ago and it was only after I spoke to someone in the management team, did they realise that I was not going to take things lying down.

Also it helps if you tell them you are part of a huge internet forum like teambhp. It really does have the effect. I once went to the planet bajaj workshop in Thane and told them that I was part of a pulsargroup which Rajiv Bajaj himself recognised and they gave me special treatment and after the reapairs sheepishly walked upto me and said "hamare bare mein kuch acha bhi likhiye na"
Yes. As a first step (after almost 12 mails) I have sent this link to Ford to read completely. As said by you, definitely I am not going to leave them till I get a satisfied service if at all they do ?!.
Old 14th December 2010, 10:12   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
2mm Steering grip covers the steering
Wont this cover collect all the dirt in those holes?
rajeshsundaram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 12:06   #171
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshsundaram View Post
Wont this cover collect all the dirt in those holes?
No Rajesh. It is very fine. One thing I follow is I never bring down the window any time even if it very chill outside.
Old 14th December 2010, 12:54   #172
Senior - BHPian

Thats some shitty quality by the A.S.S guys. Lucky that you nailed the issue. Do report this to higher levels. BUT PLEASE DONT LET THEM TOUCH YOUR CAR AGAIN!!!

I'm sharing this on Figo Facebook PAge

Last edited by gemithomas : 14th December 2010 at 13:02.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 07:21   #173
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Thats some shitty quality by the A.S.S guys. Lucky that you nailed the issue. Do report this to higher levels. BUT PLEASE DONT LET THEM TOUCH YOUR CAR AGAIN!!!
I'm sharing this on Figo Facebook PAge
Exactly Gemi. I am not going to do anything under the bonnet. Insisiting Ford to have a direct inspection of the jobs done. I think you overtook me .
I thought let me wait for some more time.... Pl give the link...

Last edited by RGK : 15th December 2010 at 07:25.
Old 22nd December 2010, 22:41   #174
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from Ford RSM who looks after MPL Ford. Asked to bring the vehicle to do a complete check. I asked to refit the windshield. He refused, but committed to see the vehicle and take forward after observation. He was ready to spare a substitute car during the service period. With ref to that I got a mail from Ford. I have replied the below mail.
I want a transparent and good quality service. I could not understand why Ford is advising to take to a specific branch where the car was given. But the SM and others there try to convince and not transparent. The copy of the mail (slightly altered esp not to reveal names) is given below for fellow tbhpians. If anything missed out, please add.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir,

Thanks for arranging for a call after numerous mail follow-ups. But still have faith in FIL and hope things would be solved once for all. Please find my queries and request you to share with RSM and get his concurrence before taking up further.
  • Please inform the Service centre to allow me during the entire service. It should be a genuine interactive service. Still request a direct representative from FIL to guide on the jobs to be carried as this is a complete new car. Eventhough it is not difficult to be present (It has been done earlier in my case during my OEM Tail lamp inspection), I accept to take forward on the basis of commitment given by RSM.
  • There should not be any TRIAL & ERROR type of diagnosis or fixing in my car as this has already spoiled the originality of it.
  • There should be complete transparency and the Service centre need to share the Job card details including my last service done at body shop which was not done even after commitment given by SM. Please do understand all the work carried out is in my car.
  • The Root cause of the problem is due to the very poor job quality done by the body shop which has led to these all unnecessary consequences entirely spoiled my peace of driving. I accept mistakes likely to happen sometime, but that should be fixed at the next visit or atleast in the following visit but was completely ignored even after third time.
  • Kindly request to address the small commitments like carpet mat clips, touch up on the wheel arch (due to issues happened when the car was in the Service centre) in one shot and not " pl come tomorrow, or go to that branch"
  • Need to discuss on the compensation part (not monetarily) due to the issues happened so far.
  • All work should be done as per strict advice and complete guidance and as per 100% Ford specifcations.

To reiterate the issues pending in my car:
  • The engine noise inside my car is still more and not normal as before the windshield change
  • The bass sound in the engine noise was fixed by me as I noticed that air duct was not fixed into the inlet manifold which gave a "burr" noise when the engine is started as it sucks air inside thro the duct. Need to be inspected
  • Vibrations noted in the engine during switching off /on of the a/c compressor which was not before.
  • Boot not locking properly when normally shut.
  • Pending TSB's to be fixed.

As commitment given by RSM of Ford, hope FIL has given clear instructions to the service centre to take up the job with utmost professionalism and topmost quality and ensure COMPLETE SATISFACTION.
I have cced Rajshree Ford as well where I have purchased the car. The intention of this is not to pin point the mistakes happened in another Service centre but to have them synced of the entire service history gone inside.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope FIL takes care and close my issue this time. I do not want to unnecessarily touch the engine. Just to check completely. Still I think the Windshield fitment is not close to the original standards.
- Also I see a big gap between the glass and the cowl at the lower part which supports the windshield.

Still hoping things would be sorted out this time. Planning to take after Newyear as I need the car now.
Old 23rd December 2010, 14:31   #175
Senior - BHPian

I hope this time the issue is resolved. It is very surprising to know this has happened in a city close to where the plant is located. Please keep us updated on your progress in the new year!
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2010, 15:12   #176
Senior - BHPian

RGK
You have been really patient in trying to resolve this. Sad to see a new car go through so much. Hope they fix the problems in your car. Keep us updated.
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2011, 17:24   #177
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from Ford today asking to fix an appointment. Strictly told that unless ford commits to solve all my issues, there is no point in going to the SC.

Did carpet flooring at coimbatore - sun combines. They were professionals. Did a neat job.
Removed seats and also rear seat
Measured the floor
Took the PVC mat and cut accordingly.
Arranged and noted the screw holes to be marked
Stiched all the ends with borders. Used velcro tapes to fix at all the places.
Can easily be removed whenever needed. Pushed around 1 inch inside the consoles.
Made a cut and stiched to see the VIN no if required.
No wrinkles or no overlaps. The difficult is at the back right and left corners which has about 4 inch depth which was done by a small piece and attaching.
Gave the car after 4 hours. Allowed us to see what they are doing. Quoted 2400/- and gave 200 discount. Tipped the supervisor and technician 100.
Now it is very easy to clean and I feel I should have done immediately after buying the car.
Will update the photos and also the where the GC scrapping happens shortly
Old 6th January 2011, 15:52   #178
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Had a call with Ford RSM regarding all the issues. He has taken personal responsibility to solve the issues. Nice to see that from his side. Eventhough I have apprehensions in my mind, i completely flushed out and planned to give my car for service tomorrow.

I have advised not to touch anything unnecessarily. Only asked to do windshield replacement again.

Will update all the photos of GC, mat, etc tonight or tomorrow.
Old 6th January 2011, 15:57   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Had a call with Ford RSM regarding all the issues. He has taken personal responsibility to solve the issues. Nice to see that from his side. Eventhough I have apprehensions in my mind, i completely flushed out and planned to give my car for service tomorrow.

I have advised not to touch anything unnecessarily. Only asked to do windshield replacement again.

Will update all the photos of GC, mat, etc tonight or tomorrow.
wow! Thats nice to know. By the way, my squeaks reappeared, they went off when the service center guys changed the rear internal trims, but squeaks resurfaced within a month. This time the service manager suspects shockers, lets see what he would do.

I also updated this on Ford's FB page and they replied stating that someone would contact me, it has been a week I guess, no one contacted me yet!!

Last edited by anilisanil : 6th January 2011 at 15:58.
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 22:56   #180
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Yes Anil. SC is planning to take my car tomorrow. I am still positive that they would close all the issues.

Had a long drive to my native. Drove 1100km. The performance of the vehicle is good.
Covered 650kms in pure highway, 400kms on SH and 200 kms on good road. Overall FE is 18/l with complete A/C (kept at 9 'o clock position).

Found one thing, the head light focus of Left & Right are not equal. Left light falls very much lesser than right head light in DIM mode and also at DIP mode. Noted to fix it in the next service.

I noted one thing after a long time. I missed it due to very poor PDI. My dealer thoroughly cheated me. I was not there at the time of delivery. My friend who took delivery did not notice. See the third snap. The bonnet pull lever in the front was broken and it was tied by metal wires and the car was delivered to me.

Had a call with Ford RSM two days back. He assured to fix all issues and give back and also arranging to give a substitute car during this service period.
I am planning to ask for more warranty for the issues happened so far. Let me see what happens...

GC scrappings at the bottom of the chassis. Since it is bit lower than the running boards it scraps first. The scratches are easily visible. Please see the snaps. Taken in 2mb mobile. Not so clear. I applied 3M Rubberised coat which is seen in the 2nd snap.

The other photos shows the carpet mat throughout the floor. The work was neatly done by Sun Combines at Coimbatore. They took the measurement, cut accordingly, stitched and used velcro tape to fix on the floor. They never used any paste to fix it which is usually done. The borders are stiched so that it does not come out or tear.
Attached Thumbnails
Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-image_177.jpg  

Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-image_178.jpg  

Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-dscn1354.jpg  

Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-dscn1356.jpg  

Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-dscn1357.jpg  

Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-dscn1358.jpg  

Last edited by RGK : 6th January 2011 at 23:08.