Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 14th April 2011, 21:22   #211
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club

Good to see that you have done full carpeting. Always better to do when the car is new. I have seen a good mats (individual) but could not photograph it. I am searching for the vehicle which is in my locality. The mats are really good.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 13:48   #212
RGK
Senior - BHPian

I was contesting with Ford India to compensate on the service woes faced by me. This was the benefit passed on to me.

<<<Thanks for your mail,

As confirmed to your goodself on our earlier mails, we will,only be providing the following as a gesture of goodwill

1. Labour free 20K service
2. Wheel alignment.
3. All wheel balancing.

We regret to inform you that we would not be able to accede yourclaim on extending the labour free 30K service.

Request your understanding & Co-operation on this>>>>.

My reply to this mail is

<<There is no question of understanding or cooperation. If you go through the mental agony so far , the compensation stands nowhere. After spending 5.5 lakhs do you expect a customer to make a periodic schedule in his calendar for regular visits. To be frank that is the case in me from 8th September till today.

Could you please arrange a call with Mr.Nithin regarding this.

My AC had problems and got the AC condenser replaced.
These are the critical parts got replaced in a span of 8 months of purchase of a car.

1. Tail lamp replacement (due to manufacturing defect)
2. Fuel Injector replacement (due to manufacturing defect)
3. AC condenser replacement (due to manufacturing defect)

Have done numerous visits to Service Centre ( I think I am the most visited person to service centre throughout India among the 60000 70000 Figo customers).
The no of follow-ups made to Ford is something even I cannot remember.

Do you still want to me to think that the product given to a customer is a quality and troublefree one.

These things have happened apart of the whole issue of water leaking, more sound inside the cabin, tampering with the originality. Technically Ford says everything within Tolerance.
Let Ford make things back to original condition (which cannot be done), else extend the free warranty to fourth year I do not want any of the compensation.

A simple maths - The loaner car came with 25litres of petrol values around 1500/- can be equated to 30k labour charges which can be debited against the dealer if cost is the only concern for Ford.
I think by avoiding 30k free service, it clearly makes me to think Ford is not all believing the quality & performance of the spares after 30k kms as it expects a lot of labour bill for changing/fixing during the time of service.

Mahindra First choice (Group of MPL) has given a coupon for wheel alignment/wheel balancing for all vehicles for Rs 350/- and distributed across to corporates now.

If the problem (windshield) was fixed pucca in the Service Centre I would have never got to these kind of explanation first of all (would not have cared anything about quality/service) and it feels that I need to beg for a simple compensation for a mistake done by Ford SC. Compensation may simply save an affordable amount(In my case may be 3000/- including 20k & 30k service) , but the more reason is the confidence & trust a customer gets from the manufacturer is really important.

My request is to get 30k labour free or atleast 20k complete free service instead of labour free. I do not gain anything by saving Rs2000 -2500/-, but I want some commitment and guarantee from Ford India. Let me wait and see
Old 25th May 2011, 02:35   #213
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Went for a general checkup to the SC yesterday as I planned for a long drive and also felt AC chill is not that much good.
They water washed the condenser to remove dust.
The grill temperature was 7 degrees at 1 speed and thermostat at max position. When I drove back, it was ok, but felt better when the thermostat switch to position 8 (one position lower). Suspect the thermostat switch. The standard temp of AC is 5 degrees. Need to check its performance during my trip.

I noted one sound when the right rear tire hits a pit. I complained to the SA and one experienced Technician also confirmed the same after testdrive. They removed the shocks and found it was gone. Oil has come out. Got it replaced under warranty.
So the list of replacements (offcourse under warranty) has gone to 4 in one year. The cost of the shock absorber (rear is around 800/- )

The service especially at MPL, Perungudi (mechanical & electrical division of service) was very prompt and good. Eventhough I feel relieved now, doubts raise about frequent failures of critical components. Infact the car has done only 1000 kms for the past three months that too only within the city.

Feel it is safe to go for 4th year warranty to avoid any major spare & labour expenses.
Old 7th June 2011, 12:44   #214
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Had the planned long drive comfortably. Filled diesel at IOCL, LB road, Adyar (adj to ICICI bank). Drove inside the city around 120 km.
Started on 28th May early morning on NH 45 to reach Trichy. The drive was very good. The car cruised comfortably between 100-120kmph on the highway. The road grip is excellent in this vehicle. Had breakfast at Adayar Anandha Bhavan 8km before ulundurpet. The food quality is better there but bit costly.
Reached Trichy in 4 hours and went to my native after brief halt. Did some local drives.
Did water wash at my native and asked the service station guy not to wash the engine bay. Just did a forceful air cleaning.
Filled Diesel in a genuine IOCL outlet there and found it consumed 43 litres just after driving 620km giving a worst mileage of 14.5km/l

But I was having doubt in the IOCL bunk at Adyar. So while coming back I filled again in another IOCL outlet a good one after driving 90km.It took only 4 litres giving a mileage of more than 22km/l. After filling again I reached chennai. The DTE showed 477 and the distance driven was 483kms. The calculation gave me a mileage of more than 20km/l. The drive was mixed ranging from 80km in SH and between 100-110km in the highway with complete AC.
The AC worked well after the service and so far no noises/squeaks atleast in good roads (touch wood). The major advantage of this vehicle is the boot space. I brought 14" TV, 35kg of rice, 2 bags of provisions and coconuts, 2 laptop bags and also backpacks + travel bags. All pushed inside the boot.
GC is a major problem along with squeaks/noises in this car. If Ford resolves these permanently, then Figo would rule the diesel hatchback world.

Planning for a two long drives in the coming months.. The car has done 14k and planned to complete 20k soon.

Last edited by RGK : 7th June 2011 at 12:45.
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 11:41   #215
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@ Anil

The three snaps about the fuel cap
1. Fuel cap taken out
2. Fuel cap rotated clockwise after complete thread is over i.e "one tick sound" heard ensuring the the fuel cap is locked fully
3. Fuel cap fixed after the complete thread is over just before the "one tick sound" -
Attached Thumbnails
Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-image_194.jpg  

Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-image_192.jpg  

Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-image_195.jpg  

Last edited by RGK : 16th June 2011 at 11:43.
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 12:10   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
@ Anil

The three snaps about the fuel cap
1. Fuel cap taken out
2. Fuel cap rotated clockwise after complete thread is over i.e "one tick sound" heard ensuring the the fuel cap is locked fully
3. Fuel cap fixed after the complete thread is over just before the "one tick sound" -
Thanks RGK for the help, much appreciate it. I meant the fuel lid, though, but yeah it is helpful there is no separate locking mechanism, I wonder why mine does not work, I think I will have to head to SC again :(

The lid (body colored) just doesn't lock for me, it beats me! Can you please let me know what exactly happens when you are closing that round thing.

Last edited by anilisanil : 16th June 2011 at 12:12.
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 12:37   #217
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Thanks RGK for the help, much appreciate it. I meant the fuel lid, though, but yeah it is helpful there is no separate locking mechanism, I wonder why mine does not work, I think I will have to head to SC again :(

The lid (body colored) just doesn't lock for me, it beats me! Can you please let me know what exactly happens when you are closing that round thing.
This mechanism is seen in some flasks. What I understood is when you lock clockwise, the thread (white colour part of the fuel lid) goes into the thread and the inner top portion of the lid (marked in the picture) comes to complete contact of the fuel tube. After that if you rotate further the top portion (black colour in my case) only rotates further giving a tick sound ensuring the fuel lid is fully closed.

In your case, just can u check whether the fuel lid completes all the thread and only the top portion is seen outside. If this is the case then the fuel lid is pucca, only the top portion is having problem which gives the sound. I think you need not worry.

If the fuel lid is not completing the thread, then it need to be looked into. Will this be covered under warranty.
Attached Thumbnails
Blacky - 1.4 EXi - joining the figo club-fuelthreadmarked.jpg  

Old 16th June 2011, 12:46   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If the fuel lid is not completing the thread, then it need to be looked into. Will this be covered under warranty.
RGK thanks for the help again and sorry for the miscommunication, I am NOT referring to the fuel cap that you are showing, I am talking about the lid that closes the fuel cap. I donno what to call it, just closes that fuel cap hole.

Fuel cap closes the fuel inlet and a fuel lid closes that. The one that flaps out when you pull the lever under the driver's side, that one!
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 13:07   #219
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Fuel cap closes the fuel inlet and a fuel lid closes that. The one that flaps out when you pull the lever under the driver's side, that one!
This happens sometimes for me also. The lock which holds the fuel inlet cover may have some problems i.e it should be bit lengthy enough to hold this cover. I lubricated once. You can try that also.
Old 20th June 2011, 09:15   #220
BHPian

Quote:
The other photos shows the carpet mat throughout the floor. The work was neatly done by Sun Combines at Coimbatore. They took the measurement, cut accordingly, stitched and used velcro tape to fix on the floor. They never used any paste to fix it which is usually done. The borders are stiched so that it does not come out or tear.
The Full Floor Mat looks great. I am planning similar and would like to know which material is used for that ? Material used seems to be transparent. is it correct ? What about floor mats on the same. I feel that those will easily move here and there with slight touch of feet and may cause hindrance in pedal operations. Have you faced such problem ?

What treatment you have given for center bump at rear seats. Usually the carpet at this place wears out very fast and gets torn out. I had this problem in my M800 within first 3/4 years of ownership. I feel a thick rubber sheet at this junction will help.
whitelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 12:05   #221
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
The Full Floor Mat looks great. I am planning similar and would like to know which material is used for that ? Material used seems to be transparent. is it correct ? What about floor mats on the same. I feel that those will easily move here and there with slight touch of feet and may cause hindrance in pedal operations. Have you faced such problem ?

What treatment you have given for center bump at rear seats. Usually the carpet at this place wears out very fast and gets torn out. I had this problem in my M800 within first 3/4 years of ownership. I feel a thick rubber sheet at this junction will help.

Whitelion - welcome to tbhp. It is normal PVC material with self design on it. I could not identify the quality, but felt better. No it is not transparent. All are black.
Yes the floor mats moves here and there. Rohing has suggested to have "velcro" tape across 4 corners of the floor mat to avoid moving. It was a good idea but so far did not do . I need to do that.
Yes at the bump area, it normally worns out fast. I had put a small rectangular mat over it.
Old 20th June 2011, 23:39   #222
BHPian

Thanks RGK for feedback. My response to your post as below, (Bold and Italics).

Quote:
Whitelion - welcome to tbhp.

Thanks a lot.

It is normal PVC material with self design on it. I could not identify the quality, but felt better. No it is not transparent. All are black.
Yes the floor mats moves here and there. Rohing has suggested to have "velcro" tape across 4 corners of the floor mat to avoid moving. It was a good idea but so far did not do . I need to do that.

I will keep in mind all points mentioned above when I am getting full floor mat done.

Yes at the bump area, it normally worns out fast. I had put a small rectangular mat over it.

Can you post picture of same for my reference ?

Old 21st June 2011, 13:49   #223
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
Thanks RGK for feedback. My response to your post as below, Can you post picture of same for my reference ?(Bold and Italics).
The photo can be seen at post #56 in this thread. Anyhow I will post a new picture in a day or two. It is just a rectangular reksin sheet with a wrapper stitched along the perimeter
Old 21st June 2011, 14:09   #224
BHPian

Quote:
The photo can be seen at post #56 in this thread. Anyhow I will post a new picture in a day or two. It is just a rectangular reksin sheet with a wrapper stitched along the perimeter
Thanks RGK, I saw the Picture and Got the idea. No need for another picture. I feel that Rexin will wear out fast. I will try to get sheet of rubber with velcro pasted at back to keep it in correct position. You have given me nice Idea, thanks for it once again.
Old 25th August 2011, 12:33   #225
RGK
Senior - BHPian

I get a sound when the steering wheel is turned either to exttreme right or extreme left. Need to check before taking to the SC.

The engine is smooth after doing 15k kms. Planning for a long drive to AP. When the tyre pressure is kept at 35 & 40, I feel more bumpy while driving alone.