Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 15th September 2010, 13:40   #106
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Yes captain. I think these charges would have hidden amount to be given for people who approve the insurance etc.. Yes I may be paying around 2k.
By any chance do they remove dash for fixing the new glass. Now I hear more sound of the engine inside... I doubt whether they have removed the dash and not fitted properly. If you do not know can you call up (when you are free) the SA and ask is it necessary to remove the dash if windshield has to be changed.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 13:49   #107
Senior - BHPian

^^ Just called my SA (body shop) he says it is not necessary to remove the dashboard to fit the windshield!
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 13:59   #108
Senior - BHPian

RGK,

A little later I'm headed to ford to pick up the front chrome strip for myself and Gemithomas. I will speak to someone there and let you know.
After they replaced my windshield it felt the same.
There is a padding in the engine bay. Between where the Engine compartment is and where it joins the metal part of the dashboard. Maybe the forgot to put this back?

Last edited by Captain Slow : 15th September 2010 at 14:01.
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 15:56   #109
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot Anilisanil and Captain. As you have said, they would have forgotten something. I get more noise exactly from the right side to the driver seat. Need to take to the service centre on Saturday.
Old 16th September 2010, 14:44   #110
Senior - BHPian

RGK,

The I don't think half the people at ford know what they are talking about.
When I enquired I was told the top part of the dash needs to be removed and also the plastic on the A pillars. Hope that makes sense.
Let us know what your SA tells you now.
Old 16th September 2010, 14:55   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
@ Vignesh - Absolutely correct . I was honestly maintaining 80 (+ or - 2km) throughout.
But need to fill immediately before entering the city to find out the exact mileage.

@ Sriku - Atlast a photo - I am in driver seat and an adult sitting behind drivers seat. The position is comfortable for all city and long drives. Taken just before cleaning the car and hence a poor attire.
Thanks for the photo, this is tremendously helpful...
Sorry about the windshield crack, that too on such a new vehicle. ~8k for a windshield replacement? My bolero windshield cost about 3500/- to replace, from Windshield Experts. Didn't know there was such a large difference in costs.

Sriku
sriku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2010, 15:09   #112
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
RGK, The I don't think half the people at ford know what they are talking about.
what an answer... 200% true

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriku View Post
Thanks for the photo, this is tremendously helpful...
Sorry about the windshield crack, that too on such a new vehicle. ~8k for a windshield replacement? My bolero windshield cost about 3500/- to replace, from Windshield Experts. Didn't know there was such a large difference in costs.Sriku
Enquired with Windshield experts also- They quoted 8.5k, but the main thing is it may not come with Ford logo (orginality). I feel windshield experts glass may be of better quality than Figo OEM's.
Old 21st September 2010, 13:06   #113
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Went to the SA on saturday and showed the noise inside the cabin. As expected, the SA told there is not difference. But I sat in another Figo and found the noise bit less. The other owner also told that is more in my car. But SA did not agree. Need to talk/email to Ford.
Old 22nd September 2010, 02:51   #114
Senior - BHPian

RGK,
Did you try talking to the workshop manager about the issue? They are usually helpful.
Any other issues? The brakes on my car start screaming on light breaking. Makes horrible sounds.

I have been calling them every other day for the stupid chrome strip and everyday they keep saying its coming or its in the warehouse
Old 22nd September 2010, 15:20   #115
RGK
Senior - BHPian

No. I have to do this weekend. I spoke to another body shop person of ford dealer in Coimbatore. He said there is a chance of some misaligned rubber (would have loosened) used for wires/AC vents from dash to the engine. I need to check this weekend. He said it is not be due to Windshield replacement.
Old 23rd September 2010, 19:06   #116
BHPian

What is the on road price of your EXi TDCi? Did you mentioned it or i missed it while reading.
Keychain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 12:57   #117
RGK
Senior - BHPian

I got the delivery on May 24th - So OTR came around 5.35L at Coimbatore. At that time, the Life Tax was 8% of the invoice value of the car. After 1st June, it was raised to 10% so the increase would be around 10k. The price diff between Chennai & Cbe was around 6k.
Old 27th September 2010, 12:57   #118
RGK
Senior - BHPian

The Engine sound is more heard inside the cabin. Have raised a complaint with Ford. It seems dash was not removed during windshield replacement. But something has gone wrong.
Old 30th September 2010, 13:19   #119
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from Service Centre to bring the vehicle to the mechanic workshop and not to the body shop. I think the technicians would find the noise level of the engine inside the cabin and decide whether there is any problem with the engine or the sound insulation.
Old 30th September 2010, 14:23   #120
BHPian

Post Anyone with Ford contacts? Please PM the original poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Got a call from Service Centre to bring the vehicle to the mechanic workshop and not to the body shop. I think the technicians would find the noise level of the engine inside the cabin and decide whether there is any problem with the engine or the sound insulation.
I would suggest you remain firm about them solving this issue. If through this forum and other means, you are able to contact someone higher up in the regional Ford office, all the more better.

At all times, I have made sure the Service Head personally knows about my vehicle service history, and I make it a point to get him personally involved. Building a relationship with influential persons at the dealer/workshop/company can only help.

With friends like HVK and Guderian, who camp out at the workshop whenever their Scorpio's are being serviced, and who intimately know almost everyone at Mahindra workshops, dealers, R&D, the level of service they manage to eke out of the workshop crew must be seen to be believed. Of course, it cannot happen overnight, but every minute you spend in the workshop will only help.

How about if you ask them to:
1. Change the insulation material on the underside of the bonnet lid
2. Replace/reinforce the foot-well and under-dash insulation material, or add additional heatlon if possible/necessary.
3. Also treat the transmission tunnel as a possible cause for sound entering the cab.
4. Double check everything in the engine bay, with special attention to mounting nuts, assemblies prone to be noisy etc.

None of the above is too expensive or too time consuming. If all else fails, insist on a complete rework of the windshield replacement, at their cost, and make sure they know you will make a lot of noise if it isn't solved.

All the best, let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Sriku

(Almost decided on the Figo myself, evaluating some Mahindra First Choice Scorpio's just to get an idea if they are worth it. Rejected the Ritz and Swift last week)

Last edited by sriku : 30th September 2010 at 14:26. Reason: Some minor typos.
sriku is offline   Reply With Quote