Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd September 2010, 20:32   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

folks,

My lady has her 2nd free servicing coming up.

Anything I should be careful about?
Also, as is customary with all dealers who say "this or that is necessary is to be changed in this servicing (and hence has to be paid for)"; so what should be changed and what is not needed to be changed?
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 21:45   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
folks,

My lady has her 2nd free servicing coming up.

Anything I should be careful about?
Also, as is customary with all dealers who say "this or that is necessary is to be changed in this servicing (and hence has to be paid for)"; so what should be changed and what is not needed to be changed?
Only thing that would require a change is engine oil, nothing else. Which dealer are you dealing with?

They might insist you to switch to Synthetic engine oil. Stick to your grounds in case you doesn't want it.
raghu230506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 00:52   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

the car is in Gurgaon, not Bangalore.
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2010, 09:44   #199
mkh
Senior - BHPian

My Second service is also due- in fact it was 4 days back but got no time to go there. I hope its ok to give it a little late also.( was told its fine for the 1st service at least)
Why will synthetic engine oil be recommended? I have read this debate on several threads and seems like the confusion is still on. Synthetic is to be changed every year in that case?
I am dreading the visit, not because of anything else, but the free gifts of dirt and finger print marks that come along. Will have to spend time and energy ensuring all is ok post delivery(esp no black marks on the interiors!)
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2010, 10:02   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Why will synthetic engine oil be recommended? I have read this debate on several threads and seems like the confusion is still on. Synthetic is to be changed every year in that case?
After going through all the discussion in various threads, I had asked the SA to put the mineral oil during second service.

Sythentic oil seems to have no apparent benfit expect for higher duration of Oil change.
Infact one of the TBHP user (dont' remember the ID) changed back to Mineral oil during third service after using synthetic oil, as there was no benifit.

The mineral oil costs around 890 rupees whereas Synthetic one will be costing around 2100 rupees.

All the gurus in the forum advise us to change the engine oil after 6 to 7 months or 7 to 8K KM (irrespective of oil type). So I would suggest stick to Mineral oil only, although the SA will try to sell Synthetic oil.
Ram_NP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2010, 10:10   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Hi MKH,

I tried synthetic during my third service as I just wanted to see the difference, frankly speaking I din't find any. Initially felt the refinement of engine to be superior.

Other than that oil change intervals are at 10k/1year intervals. With the running I have and no difference I see, might come back to Mineral during my next service.

Cheers
Raghu
raghu230506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2010, 12:52   #202
BHPian

Quote:
I am dreading the visit, not because of anything else, but the free gifts of dirt and finger print marks that come along. Will have to spend time and energy ensuring all is ok post delivery(esp no black marks on the interiors!)
Haha, I know the feeling! I gave my car for her 1st service yesterday, and was pleasantly surprised at Pearl Honda (Noida) when they put a seat cover on the drivers seat to ensure that the workers dirty grease stains dont come on the seats when they moved the car. LOL, it's the little things!

I'm still battling with swirls...almost lost hope now. Regular 15 day polishes seem to do the trick.
monkey_wrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2010, 14:43   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_wrench View Post
Haha, I know the feeling! I gave my car for her 1st service yesterday, and was pleasantly surprised at Pearl Honda (Noida) when they put a seat cover on the drivers seat to ensure that the workers dirty grease stains dont come on the seats when they moved the car. LOL, it's the little things!
Yes even in Bangalore they do cover the Driver's seat, gear lever and steering wheel. But unfortunately, it is the rest of the interior that takes the brunt. Probably their way of ensuring we do a interior shampoo through them for messing it up in the first place!! Good luck with your service MKH and stick to mineral oil.. Cheers Uday

Last edited by uday.ere : 29th September 2010 at 14:45.
uday.ere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2010, 11:57   #204
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_wrench View Post

I'm still battling with swirls...almost lost hope now. Regular 15 day polishes seem to do the trick.
They do take care, but the workers hardly care, and yes they think the owners have so much money, why not spend 1k on interior cleaning.
BTW -what's this about battling with swirls. You have a black car, i recall. Swirls CANNOT be removed with hand,only hidden.
Old 30th September 2010, 12:08   #205
BHPian

Quote:
They do take care, but the workers hardly care, and yes they think the owners have so much money, why not spend 1k on interior cleaning.
BTW -what's this about battling with swirls. You have a black car, i recall. Swirls CANNOT be removed with hand,only hidden.
Yeah thats what. I mean, I got an entire session of detailing and swirl removal done (in that place in Gurgaon you recommended, Divine Carzspa). But post which maintaing has become a challenge, especially during the rainy season where the car would be covered with mud and slush--which required lots of water to be applied for cleaning. I don't have a hose connection so have been getting it cleaned with a bucket.

So the thing is most protective polish / wax etc. comes off after a week or ten days, after which the paint is prone to swirls again.

So now I manually apply wax (been trying different products, Magulaire, 3M, Formula 1 etc.) after every 10-15 days whenever I feel. Takes around 1-2 hrs to do a good job, but it really feels worth it!
monkey_wrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2010, 12:05   #206
mkh
Senior - BHPian

went for second free service. A very interesting thing was that the peculiar clutch rubbing became a major squeaking sound after the clutch is used in stop and go traffic. I recorded the sound on my phone and played it to the SA. He told me he will take the whole thing out and get it fixed. In all the focus around it, forgot to tell them not to wash my car, a bad miss indeed. Was asked the popular question about oil and told him to put regular mineral.
Braving the sudden rain reached the place in time and as expected saw the soiled hands stains. Man when will they learn. Got those cleaned and was on my way thinking the clutch would be ok, however to my horror it was as bad as before, creaking sound was a lot! Promptly went back and to cut a long story short, he called 3 service guys who heard it and then did some lubrication and was assured it will be ok. Some spring was taken out and lubricated, had been telling thme the sound is claerly as if a spring is not getting released with ease.
SA told me that if comes back, will do away with that spring. Strange that a new car should have this, i feel it will need a visit again as new car clutchs dont need lubrication so often
Old 10th October 2010, 12:15   #207
BHPian

mkh,

Even i have been having this noise with the clutch pedal. Neither Dakshin nor Magnum are able to rectify the fault. Dakshin did a lubrication job to the clutch joints or something right in front of me and lo ! the noise was gone for a few days & again it was back.

Now the Magnum guys said the clutch needs to lubricated and bleeding needs to be done. The noise was gone. but promptly returned after two days. I have this noise still in my car, but only scared to go back to them. Thinking should i talk to some engineers at Honda itself, so that they will give the right advise to the local dealers to rectify the fault once & for all.
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2010, 12:39   #208
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
mkh,

Even i have been having this noise with the clutch pedal. Neither Dakshin nor Magnum are able to rectify the fault. Dakshin did a lubrication job to the clutch joints or something right in front of me and lo ! the noise was gone for a few days & again it was back.

Now the Magnum guys said the clutch needs to lubricated and bleeding needs to be done. The noise was gone. but promptly returned after two
days. I have this noise still in my car, but only scared to go back to them. Thinking should i talk to some engineers at Honda itself, so that they will give the right advise to the local dealers to rectify the fault once & for all.
i think i should meet u and see if its the same what i am facing. SA told me, they will fix it and have got to know its a spring. I can send you a sound recording of the squeak.
Old 10th October 2010, 13:28   #209
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
mkh,

Now the Magnum guys said the clutch needs to lubricated and bleeding needs to be done. The noise was gone. but promptly returned after two
days. I have this noise still in my car, but only scared to go back to them. Thinking should i talk to some engineers at Honda itself, so that they will give the right advise to the local dealers to rectify the fault once & for all.
i think i should meet u and see if its the same what i am facing. SA told me, they will fix it and have got to know its a spring. I can send you a sound recording of the squeak.
Old 10th October 2010, 21:19   #210
BHPian

Quote:
I had a similar noise and it comes from under the clutch boot under the hood. The boot was taken out and lubricated (adjacent to the clutch bleeder nipple). Also the pedal was lubricated. I haven't had the noise since then.

And talking to the Honda Engineers is not possible due the way they operate. You might at best call 121 and talk to the call center guys and never the engineers. If you log in a complaint, Honda Engineers get the vehicle report from the dealership and give their disposition. So it all happens with the dealership being the front end. If you guys know of how to get around this, do let the forum know.

but for the forum to know. For the very very gentle clutch pedal vibration while moving from standstill at times, which i had been reporting since long to Honda, Honda says it is not an abnormality. It is there in all cars and i was made to drive many cars that had come for service at the dealership and i did notice it in all cars to varying degrees. I was surprised. He said not many people notice this thing and it is more pronounced in a CIVIC. And it is indeed. It took an awful load off my mind and that nothing is wrong. This is how the car is.
nayyar.rao is offline   Reply With Quote