Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2010, 11:07   #211
mkh
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 107 Times
Default

Got a call for feedback and promptly told them about the stains on the fabric. To my surprise, they offered to send someone to clean them up, because in the past when i have complained to Hyundai, all they say is that we will take care in future!
After a little coordination, the guy turned up and cleaned it, not with out being told and inspected though.
This is very nice indeed, and appreciations are due, however it maybe that in the first place they should not soil the seats!
Now comes another very interesting thing-
The car is amazingly smooth after the service, when i am at 60 on the way to my office, i can hardly hear ANYTHING at all, its almost like gliding!
Filling up fuel is hardly a fun event( because you are spending!), but it turns out to be fun for now, because when i reset the trip meter, and with that the mileage indicator, its fun to see how much will it climb upto
I did that today and this is how it turned out for a drive of 13kms from the fuel pump
Starts off at 6.7- climbs to 9.0, stays there a while, then 12.6--13.3--14.5--remains there--15.5--17.7--18.2--19.3--20.3 and finally back to 18.8!! This is fun indeed, and even if its off a little, seeing 18.8 puts a big smile to the face. Two reasons: 1. You are clearly saving money, and 2. You are a very good driver in a fantastic machine
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 11:24   #212
BHPian
 
phantom76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 88
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Nice to hear that there is a improvement in smoothness after 2nd service. Where did you get the second free service done? Mine is also due for 2nd free service in a couple of weeks. Did you go for synthetic or mineral oil?
phantom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 11:52   #213
mkh
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 107 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom76 View Post
Nice to hear that there is a improvement in smoothness after 2nd service. Where did you get the second free service done? Mine is also due for 2nd free service in a couple of weeks. Did you go for synthetic or mineral oil?
Whitefield Honda and mineral oil.
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 14:26   #214
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore.
Posts: 640
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayyar.rao View Post
I had a similar noise and it comes from under the clutch boot under the hood. The boot was taken out and lubricated (adjacent to the clutch bleeder nipple). Also the pedal was lubricated. I haven't had the noise since then.

This is how the car is.

This is exactly what they did with my car too. The guys at the service center say that one who is very sensitive is likely to know that this noise is an issue. If what MKH has reported is same as mine & yours, i think its a defect with the kind of material they have used. This is infact a defect.

I dont think the car should be like this at all, when Honda makes TALL claims of refinement and things like these. If the car is like this ONLY, then why the noise was not there 1.75 years of my usage?

Its a defect, the choice is ours to live with it or see that its solved.After paying A Million, i cant have a car which makes noise everytime i use the clutch pedal.

I own an M 800 from past 5 years. This doesnt make a noise when i use the clutch, it was smooth. It became even better as butter smooth, when i got the clutch cable changed after 5 years !

Is HONDA'S quality going for a toss ?


@ Phantom,

Try and use only the mineral oil, since your car will get fresh oil every 5k kms. what do you think? i use only mineral oil only for this reason.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 13th October 2010 at 14:34.
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 17:59   #215
BHPian
 
uday.ere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 461
Thanked: 594 Times
Default

Hey MKH, glad to know that your car is running very smoothly after the 2nd service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Filling up fuel is hardly a fun event( because you are spending!), but it turns out to be fun for now, because when i reset the trip meter, and with that the mileage indicator, its fun to see how much will it climb upto
I did that today and this is how it turned out for a drive of 13kms from the fuel pump
Starts off at 6.7- climbs to 9.0, stays there a while, then 12.6--13.3--14.5--remains there--15.5--17.7--18.2--19.3--20.3 and finally back to 18.8!! This is fun indeed, and even if its off a little, seeing 18.8 puts a big smile to the face.
Why dont you try resetting the trip meter while on the move - say when you are going steadily - you will be amazed for sure. It jumped to 60KM/L when I reset the trip meter while on the move. I generally reset the trip meter when the orange fuel lamp comes on and the avg consumption jumped to 60KM/L and eventually settled down to around 17.xx thereafter.
uday.ere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 10:04   #216
mkh
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 107 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Hey MKH, glad to know that your car is running very smoothly after the 2nd service.



Why dont you try resetting the trip meter while on the move - say when you are going steadily - you will be amazed for sure. It jumped to 60KM/L when I reset the trip meter while on the move. I generally reset the trip meter when the orange fuel lamp comes on and the avg consumption jumped to 60KM/L and eventually settled down to around 17.xx thereafter.
wow! that is interesting, looks like it has a mind of its own and knows when the give the owner a cry of joy and when to touch reality!
In the stop and go traffic that i had to bear for about 25kms, now it is back to a sane 14 level
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 11:20   #217
BHPian
 
monkey_wrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 95
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

This is a bit unrelated, but guys--what kind of average are you getting? Till my first service (1000km) I was getting around 11 km, now I'm getting around 11.8 -- after first service. Current mileage is around 1300 km travelled so far. I thought that post 1st service, this should climb to at least 12-14?

That too, with regular slow driving with not too many jams.
monkey_wrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 12:11   #218
mkh
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 107 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_wrench View Post
This is a bit unrelated, but guys--what kind of average are you getting? Till my first service (1000km) I was getting around 11 km, now I'm getting around 11.8 -- after first service. Current mileage is around 1300 km travelled so far. I thought that post 1st service, this should climb to at least 12-14?

That too, with regular slow driving with not too many jams.
It will depend A LOT on driving style. I got about 14 in the first fill, dropped down to about 12. I then made adjustments to my style and the car supports it( have posted in this thread earlier). Just to quickly mention again- i just remove my foot from the accelerator when i know there is a speed breaker ahead( over known routes), i slot into 5th gear a lot and let the car run with no acceleration over areas where its not possible to run fast. I am now getting between 13-14 for sure, did not measure too accurately off late. Over a highway run, got about 18 in all. You can also get 11 or 14 in the same car over the same traffic! Not sure about the other cars, but ANHC will give you a great mileage if you treat it well. My i-10 does not budge above 13, do whatever in the same traffic. That is because it does not support the same driving style. I slot into 5th even at speeds of 30 in the ANHC, while i do the same in the i-10 and it shudders.
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 14:21   #219
BHPian
 
uday.ere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 461
Thanked: 594 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
It will depend A LOT on driving style. I got about 14 in the first fill, dropped down to about 12. I then made adjustments to my style and the car supports it( have posted in this thread earlier). Just to quickly mention again- i just remove my foot from the accelerator when i know there is a speed breaker ahead( over known routes), i slot into 5th gear a lot and let the car run with no acceleration over areas where its not possible to run fast. I am now getting between 13-14 for sure, did not measure too accurately off late. Over a highway run, got about 18 in all. You can also get 11 or 14 in the same car over the same traffic! Not sure about the other cars, but ANHC will give you a great mileage if you treat it well. My i-10 does not budge above 13, do whatever in the same traffic. That is because it does not support the same driving style. I slot into 5th even at speeds of 30 in the ANHC, while i do the same in the i-10 and it shudders.

+1 to that. Driving style on the ANHC matters a lot - am getting 14.5 to 15 regularly in the city and on the highways it has been nearly 19 to 20 (at steady speeds of around 100). What makes a huge difference is to have a light foot and as MKH and other ANHC veterens - StarVB, Guna, Skywalker have suggested in the past - anticipate traffic conditions and you are better off.
uday.ere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 15:21   #220
BHPian
 
phantom76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 88
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post

@ Phantom,

Try and use only the mineral oil, since your car will get fresh oil every 5k kms. what do you think? i use only mineral oil only for this reason.
Sure will. I was asking that question because mkh noted that his car is noticeably smooth after the service. Was wondering if it was due to synthetic oil.
phantom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 19:43   #221
mkh
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 107 Times
Default

Sadly but expectedly, the clutch issue is back. I called up my friend in Hyundai, who has been knowing me since the days of my first car and since he was a service advisor. He told me possible reasons, and said that honda guys are always reluctant to admit something wrong can happen with their product.
Also that the clutch does not come under warranty hence a replacement of the part which is faulty, will be a problem for them as claiming from honda is an effort for them.
I forgot but he told me the part of the clutch that is the problem, cause when it heats up( after some use) it starts to make a noise and that needs replacement
Its a pain, to go back again and get this fixed, am sure it will take some effort and it will get fixed(as the customer relation manager told me that if it comes back, they will just do away with the spring etc), but its sad to see that one odd case of faulty part and that happens to be with me
I will probably go after a week as then will have more time, i will report the findings back here.
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 19:51   #222
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,891
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

@mkh

I suggest you first report this issue to honda one2one.
this will hopefully ensure that your issue is tracked to resolution.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 20:55   #223
BHPian
 
nayyar.rao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 61
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Sadly but expectedly, the clutch issue is back. I called up my friend in Hyundai, who has been knowing me since the days of my first car and since he was a service advisor. He told me possible reasons, and said that honda guys are always reluctant to admit something wrong can happen with their product.
Also that the clutch does not come under warranty hence a replacement of the part which is faulty, will be a problem for them as claiming from honda is an effort for them.
I forgot but he told me the part of the clutch that is the problem, cause when it heats up( after some use) it starts to make a noise and that needs replacement
Its a pain, to go back again and get this fixed, am sure it will take some effort and it will get fixed(as the customer relation manager told me that if it comes back, they will just do away with the spring etc), but its sad to see that one odd case of faulty part and that happens to be with me
I will probably go after a week as then will have more time, i will report the findings back here.
MKH if it relieves you, the issue is with all the iVTEC City cars. I have gone through what you are going through, driven many and tried to observe it and "it is there". There are not many people out there who have keen enough senses. My issue dampened for a while after all the extra lubrication but it has started to surface again. I too am planning to go to the dealership and put a concern. And am sure it will get sorted. And as for one to one, i have gone through that way many times but Honda engineers and Management never speak to you directly. They go via the dealership CRM. Your best chances to get it rectified is through the dealership CRM and if the case is registered with one to one, even simple issues take a pretty long time (they wait on what Honda has to say for that problem).
nayyar.rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 21:07   #224
BHPian
 
jayanth_yk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 314
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

This I was just thinking when I drove my way back from work today. Even after 10800Kms on the odo, the gear still doesn't slot well when driven after fairly idle time. I want to take this up with them drive it to closure. I drove the ANHC of my friend purchased 2 days back, I must say it was smooth as butter. Now what changed? did they fix it? I don't know. This made me even more angry. I will drive this to closure.
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2010, 09:15   #225
mkh
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 107 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayyar.rao View Post
MKH if it relieves you, the issue is with all the iVTEC City cars. I have gone through what you are going through, driven many and tried to observe it and "it is there". There are not many people out there who have keen enough senses. My issue dampened for a while after all the extra lubrication but it has started to surface again. I too am planning to go to the dealership and put a concern. And am sure it will get sorted. And as for one to one, i have gone through that way many times but Honda engineers and Management never speak to you directly. They go via the dealership CRM. Your best chances to get it rectified is through the dealership CRM and if the case is registered with one to one, even simple issues take a pretty long time (they wait on what Honda has to say for that problem).
quite hard to believe that this issue is the same what you are referring to. Mine is like a loud grating noise, not even a squeak,and i asked a few folks who own ANHC, none reported this. I will try out reporting to Honda CRM, almost tempted to go there today itself, but got work:(. I still have this slight hope ( based on my talks with that guy) that it will get resolved at their end, lets see.
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda Has Us Hooked! So ANHC Booked! An ownership report of the Honda City mdsaab Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 472 25th May 2014 00:24
City Lights - Honda City S (ANHC) Vikster Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 105 30th December 2013 14:42
My Brand New Honda City (ANHC S-MT) suneel Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 51 26th March 2011 06:47
ANHC / Honda City Auto: Story of "Singh"'s boo"King" singh_dfi Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 48 27th November 2010 16:18
Fiat Linea vs ANHC (All new Honda City) Ym-enjn Sedans 3 9th January 2009 17:00


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks