Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 30th June 2010, 16:49   #76
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Guess you can come to know when you check the conditions for scratches etc before fitting !
Well, can do as much i guess, rest is trust! Esp since got a personal rapport there, will not expect THAT much to happen. Called and asked this, was assured cannot happen - but will check once get the car.
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 11:21   #77
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Got the car, alloys were fitted well. However, had a taste of the infamous service left overs
1. Seat had a small black spot on the side, was removed, but not too well
2. Door had some minor black marks- again greasy hands, got them removed
3. Saw that the inside of the door on the foot panel, had dust, thought would remove at home. Went home and saw that is was a proper scratch- a minor one like a metallic object has rubbed and scraped it. Called up and expressed my displeasure and the usual- will do in 1st service talk.
Thanks to Megs UC- got it to a hardly visible one today, it was a small one anyways but then its never ever happened to me in my 10 years of giving cars for service.
All i can say is this- dealers need to ensure quality of service is maintained and not just sell the car. Need a couple of more Honda dealerships maybe in this area for the level of service to come up( as its almost a monopoly currently for this part of the town)
Even for alloys- the "claimed" "best price" that i was given, is not the best after all. Talk about losing trust for a couple of thousands!
Anyways, better to always be smart and not get led away with marketing talks, its all business!
Did a clean up of the alloys and tyres, will post pics once get the car out in sunlight

Last edited by mkh : 1st July 2010 at 11:31.
Old 1st July 2010, 12:44   #78
BHPian

Hi Mkh

This is quite normal & happens everytime we get the vehicle back from service. Service standards have deteriorated quite a bit compared to earlier years & if i get any favorable reports of the other dealers dont mind changing over from the next service.

Honda also needs to pull up their socks and give a proper training to the dealers. Last time when i had a warranty issue, entire thing was handled by the call center & you can imagine the situation of dealing with a helpless soul in some call center in some god forsaken corner of the country.

After seeing all this, now you know why i avoid going anywhere near the Honda service centers (Both 2 wheeler & 4 wheeler) They succeed in screwing up your entire day !!

End of the day - Maruti rules, truly customer is king !
nirmaljusdoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 15:14   #79
Senior - BHPian

Are you in any way suggesting that Maruti service is better than Honda? Please go through the dealership review thread once. The bottom line is that now a days irrespective of brand,the visit to service center is doing more harm than good to your car.
poloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 16:28   #80
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Got the car, alloys were fitted well. However, had a taste of the infamous service left overs
1. Seat had a small black spot on the side, was removed, but not too well
2. Door had some minor black marks- again greasy hands, got them removed
3. Saw that the inside of the door on the foot panel, had dust, thought would remove at home. Went home and saw that is was a proper scratch- a minor one like a metallic object has rubbed and scraped it. Called up and expressed my displeasure and the usual- will do in 1st service talk.
Thanks to Megs UC- got it to a hardly visible one today, it was a small one anyways but then its never ever happened to me in my 10 years of giving cars for service.
All i can say is this- dealers need to ensure quality of service is maintained and not just sell the car. Need a couple of more Honda dealerships maybe in this area for the level of service to come up( as its almost a monopoly currently for this part of the town)
Even for alloys- the "claimed" "best price" that i was given, is not the best after all. Talk about losing trust for a couple of thousands!
Anyways, better to always be smart and not get led away with marketing talks, its all business!
Did a clean up of the alloys and tyres, will post pics once get the car out in sunlight
2 very interesting things and shocking too
1. when i reached there, i noticed the rims (old ones) are not there. I asked for them and was then given them
2. Today i realized, i did not collect the wheel caps( a colleague told me). I called them immediately and the service rep tells me- those are scrap sir. I said, if i want to buy a new one, will you give for free( as they are scrap?). Then i got them located and are safely with deb( that guy is amazing i tell you)
What did they think? Happily that would have reached the scraps market and fetched some more cash for them( little but still)
As far as i have had experience with - hyundai(trident) has NEVER messed up in the past
Old 2nd July 2010, 00:06   #81
Senior - BHPian

Congrats MKH, awaiting the pics and due apologies for not answering promptly, couldn't access for past two days. Even though you no longer require the answer, EVO isn't a brand seen here in the North so I've no idea regarding them.

By the way, my uncle got Modulo Grille on his Bold Beige City VMT. Check the post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1963101 (ANHC mods?)
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 20:03   #82
mkh
Senior - BHPian

This is a most sad post from me. What NEVER happened to me in my last 6 years, happened on Saturday. I was about to leave for the game- GER-ARG and was excited as a group of friends to watch on a big screen at a private gathering. The exit from my apartment is quite weird and narrow, but have been taking the verna out for many months so never had issues
Just as i exited, heard a crrunch and looked at my left rear view to see a most horrific sight- the left side was touching a minor protrusion from the left wall at the exit. My heart skipped a beat and took the car out to see what was the impact
Saw nothing on the left door was happy, just shortlived as saw that the lower portion below the door has been badly scraped- all paint gone
Minor scratch on the door, which i worked hard on and got Megs UC to work its magin\c. Little scratch on the alloy wheel too. Man- i could not believe it, has never happened. The only consolation came that ger beat arg big time, else i could not sleep!
Looking at maybe going to the service center to get this done up- surely they will quote a bomb!
Pics are attached. I am planning to claim insurance a few days later- as the insurance is paid by the co, so let the NCB lose out.
Or maybe if its like 1-2K , can get it done myself, not sure. Looked up the thread on good paint jobs, did not get a proper direction on what to do.
Have to move on- was wondering for many hours- how did it happen!
Attached Thumbnails
ANHC- Another New Honda City! One" H" to Another "H"-phones-048.jpg  

ANHC- Another New Honda City! One" H" to Another "H"-phones-047.jpg  

Old 6th July 2010, 09:36   #83
BHPian

oops, that really hurts. If the insurance is paid by the company, why waste time, get the job done by claiming it.
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 09:47   #84
BHPian

Oops. I understand how it feels. Some moron scratched a full lenght wave on my car.

Scratch on your car are deep, didn't you feel it first time it banged?

If insurance is paid by company, then go-ahead and get it fixed from dealer.
raghu230506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 10:40   #85
BHPian

Thats sad yaar, even my VMT got scratched within 20 days of owning it. However i would advise you to get it touched up as its a lower portion of the door. Don't go for repainting. Metallic colors will not match 100%. Get it touched up and rubbed at the dealership.It would serve as a "Najarbattu" and prevent further scratches on your car.The rubbing done at dealership will remove much of the scratch.
Enjoy your car and drive safe !!!
zoom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 11:11   #86
BHPian

Feel sorry for you mkh. That would mean repainting the funning board, rear fender and part of the doors! Honda service charge approx 5k per door, atrocious!

In my also had the exact same experience, jutting part of the flower bed wall scrapped the running board and rear door with a dent! cost of denting and repainting was almost 12K!! not too happy with the results though but cant help it.

Must say the thickness of the sheet metal on the ANHC is even lower than the NHC. easily dented and scrapped.
bhaani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 11:17   #87
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for replying folks, as for insurance, since the NCB will be lost, it will not be an issue as the co will pay premium.
However i will need to pay the amount the insurance co does not pay up(maybe about 1K). Till now, i have not even got the policy, and have to go for a claim:(. The ONLY prob is leaving it with those service center guys, maybe will do this with the 1st service. Will it be ok or do i risk rusting of that portion exposed now with no paint over it?
@raghu: I saw the scratch as soon as it happened, so yes it did feel that something would have happened when i scraped against the wall. Not sure what were you actually asking me
Old 6th July 2010, 11:22   #88
BHPian

Quote:
@raghu: I saw the scratch as soon as it happened, so yes it did feel that something would have happened when i scraped against the wall. Not sure what were you actually asking me
Looking at the lenght of the scratch it made me feel that you felt the impact pretty late.

Hence, I asked the question.
raghu230506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 11:25   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for replying folks, as for insurance, since the NCB will be lost, it will not be an issue as the co will pay premium.
However i will need to pay the amount the insurance co does not pay up(maybe about 1K). Till now, i have not even got the policy, and have to go for a claim:(. The ONLY prob is leaving it with those service center guys, maybe will do this with the 1st service. Will it be ok or do i risk rusting of that portion exposed now with no paint over it?
Leaving the car to the body shop is a nightmare. If you are not going to get it painted, I would suggest get the touchup done to avoid risk of rusting. If you have to leave the car to the body shop, alert them well in advance to cover the car fully to avoid the paint dust settling on the car. This has happened to my car near the lower portion of the bumper when they took it for some touch up. The surface of the car felt rough. I got the buffing work done to get rid of it.
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 12:35   #90
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Looking at the lenght of the scratch it made me feel that you felt the impact pretty late.

Hence, I asked the question.
It was at the fag end of my turn and i just stopped as soon as i heard the sound, 2 seconds By that time - the damage was done

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Leaving the car to the body shop is a nightmare. If you are not going to get it painted, I would suggest get the touchup done to avoid risk of rusting. If you have to leave the car to the body shop, alert them well in advance to cover the car fully to avoid the paint dust settling on the car. This has happened to my car near the lower portion of the bumper when they took it for some touch up. The surface of the car felt rough. I got the buffing work done to get rid of it.
That is the reason why i am scared. As for getting the car back with some issues, i have a proper teflon coat pending with them, will ask that post the repair maybe. I am well versed with surface treatment so maybe if some minor things like paint over spray etc can be easily done with a session of claying, rubbing and then waxing.
Will go and check this place- CARNATION, has anyone tried it? Its a Jagdish Khattar(x-maruti) effort and looks to be professional.