Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 6th July 2010, 12:43   #91
BHPian

Hi Mkh,

Sorry to hear about the unfortunate scratch :( The length of the ANHC is an issue in tight parking spaces, i keep checking in the mirrors everytime i exit our basement parking & other spaces.
You can explore putting up a rubber sheet at the troublesome place in your basement so that you dont face this problem again. Have you visited the Oasis mall on Inner ring road ? you will get an idea of what im referring to.

As far as the scratch is concerned, touch ups wont work & will definitely be noticeable. Best to get the entire quarter panel repainted & claim insurance as damage looks to be quite evident.
How you will get the dealer to do a proper job will be surely a challenge considering Whitefield Honda's after sales service.
nirmaljusdoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 13:08   #92
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Hi Mkh,

Sorry to hear about the unfortunate scratch :( The length of the ANHC is an issue in tight parking spaces, i keep checking in the mirrors everytime i exit our basement parking & other spaces.
You can explore putting up a rubber sheet at the troublesome place in your basement so that you dont face this problem again. Have you visited the Oasis mall on Inner ring road ? you will get an idea of what im referring to.

As far as the scratch is concerned, touch ups wont work & will definitely be noticeable. Best to get the entire quarter panel repainted & claim insurance as damage looks to be quite evident.
How you will get the dealer to do a proper job will be surely a challenge considering Whitefield Honda's after sales service.
Have been to oasis, did not notice the rubber sheet as never needed it! The width is same as verna- so never thot will have a problem.
I am also going in for a proper repainting, but thinking if should go with the insurance claim or a good outside job. Got a friend who knows a good place on Adugodi, where he has been going for many years. Also looking at Carnation, maybe they will also help in a claim. I agree getting a good work done at A** will be some challenge, had the same with hyundai too for a claim even though they are good.
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 13:29   #93
BHPian

The reviews ive read on Tbhp on Carnation dont seem to be encouraging :(
How about Sai Colorium ? I haven't had any experience with them, but going by the reviews, they seem to be OK.

Color matching of the ANHC maroon red should be taken care of. Not sure, is it the same red metallic as other makes ? Verna, etc ?
nirmaljusdoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 14:43   #94
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
The reviews ive read on Tbhp on Carnation dont seem to be encouraging :(
How about Sai Colorium ? I haven't had any experience with them, but going by the reviews, they seem to be OK.

Color matching of the ANHC maroon red should be taken care of. Not sure, is it the same red metallic as other makes ? Verna, etc ?
Oh is it? Did not read any feedback on carnation, point me out to the threads.Were they experiences on repairs or service? I just went and saw- the place looks nice, got a lot of space
The guy who attended said about 2K and if claim insurance will take 2 days.
Will check out Honda today also, can see if can combine this with 1st free service. Read about Sai- most like it, a few did not. Prob- its too far. I have another v close friend who has had good exp with another place near Suraksha, i think taking insurance claim seems like the better option for now as i do not end up losing NCB( as co will renew the insurance)
I have time as nothing can be done without original RC copy and that has yet to come!
The color is little different from verna.
Old 6th July 2010, 19:00   #95
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Oh is it? Did not read any feedback on carnation, point me out to the threads.Were they experiences on repairs or service? I just went and saw- the place looks nice, got a lot of space
The guy who attended said about 2K and if claim insurance will take 2 days.
Will check out Honda today also, can see if can combine this with 1st free service. Read about Sai- most like it, a few did not. Prob- its too far. I have another v close friend who has had good exp with another place near Suraksha, i think taking insurance claim seems like the better option for now as i do not end up losing NCB( as co will renew the insurance)
I have time as nothing can be done without original RC copy and that has yet to come!
The color is little different from verna.
Went to the Dealer and showed it to him- got a quote of about 2K!! Also was told that it will be done the same day as giving for free service
Interesting that got a lower quote from the dealer than from Carnation. Gives me a sure indication that lowest will be from a garage outside. Maybe will leave this till first service and go for insurance cause that way pay up only 500 odd
Old 6th July 2010, 19:49   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Have to move on- was wondering for many hours- how did it happen!
Dear mkh,
Sorry to know about the scratch.One of the scratches in my car occured in a similar way.I happened to scratch ANHC on the side wall of the parking slot of my work place.I am parking there for nearly 2 years.

ANHC is a bit wider than we expect.Also the turning radius is relatively low.So always pay attention to the rear view mirror whe you are getting out of tight spaces.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...i-img_0275.jpg

Please have a look at the various scratches in my car.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ift-vdi-5.html (Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi))

Last edited by Mevtec : 6th July 2010 at 19:51.
Mevtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 19:52   #97
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevtec View Post
Dear mkh,
Sorry to know about the scratch.One of the scratches in my car occured in a similar way.I happened to scratch ANHC on the side wall of the parking slot of my work place.I am parking there for nearly 2 years.

ANHC is a bit wider than we expect.Also the turning radius is relatively low.So always pay attention to the rear view mirror whe you are getting out of tight spaces.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...i-img_0275.jpg

Please have a look at the various scratches in my car.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ift-vdi-5.html (Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi))
Actually the width is same as verna- as per specs, but looks like the MAX width of the verna is the same, that may not mean its evenly wide all along:(
Anyways- its not a big one, and small price for a hard lesson(about 2K)!

Some initial experiences:

Have not yet found a really comfy driving position, miss the dual adjusting verna drivers seat. Also the steering is not big enough that can hold it and have my right elbow rest on the side panel of the door. The seat also does not allow you to sink in, rather its a cushion so pushes you ahead. Hope to get adjusted soon. I think the front seat comfort in Verna was really superb, esp since i had the left arm rest and the two way seat adjustment.
The drive comfort otherwise is great, engine being super silent indeed.
Have found the gear shift a tad hard, maybe its the break in period, will get it fixed on the first service. Strange that its hard to slot back into 2nd or into 1st gears only when i start the car in the morning or when cold start till a few times i shift and then better.!
Mileage:Filled Fuel today- Full tank on Shell, 400 kms for 30 liters, which is about 13.5kmpl
Have been driving at sedate speeds- max at 85 only and with 60% AC(defogger and AC).
The avg indicator has climbed up to 12.2 now. When i filled up today the range was showing about 40kms- does it show DTE or till the Low Fuel indicator comes up? Since filled 30, there was about 10L left for sure( the tank is 42L)
Low Ground Clearance: Well have been careful so did not hit any bumps- not that i have come across some monstrous ones, but yes there is that little thought that comes across each time see a bigger breaker- hope it does not hit!
Old 17th July 2010, 12:28   #98
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Had some small problem with the clutch- in stop and go traffic at the fag end of the press, when we use half clutch, it felt as if rubbing against something. Sort of like the cable is lacking lubrication.
Went to the service center and the guy did some spray etc. I was talking to the service mgr( who promptly came cause of my connection with the owner) and showed him the scratch that i had after getting alloys fitted. The guy told me these can come when your shoe rubs when entering the car, i was like- what? A shoe cannot make a hard scratch, but looks like they are all the same, for them a car is meant to be used and abused, not cared for!
Will be going in for a first service soon and hope to have my promised surface treatment is done with no hassles. Once get the surface cleared of the hairline scratches and minor swirls, can maintain with no sweat.
Old 21st July 2010, 17:36   #99
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Default Initial experience

After a months usage, some initial experiences and cannot just help comparing with the verna as that was the last car i was driving
1. I could rest my right hand on the door panel in the verna, the steering was bigger that's why, here cannot. That is something that i need to get used to
2. The Verna (XXI version) had a fantastic seat height adjustment which worked dual ways, here its only height up and down, that way could arrive at a more comfortable driving position
3. The center arm rest was much more useful in the Verna, it extended up to the gear shift so could rest my arm all along on it.
4. While driving if needed to use the horn, could just use my thumb, here i need to lift it a little as the horn is planted more at the center and is smaller in radius
Maybe reading this one may think- the verna is better
5. Engine is super silent, i think THAT is where the money is for honda and they charge for it. Much more refined clearly and also fuel efficient.
6. Suspensions are great and ride comfort on bumpy roads is much better .
7. Its really amazing to feel the steering at parking , its very nimble and light which makes life very easy
8. Another small thing but useful is the space below the rear seat to put small items, i put my car care prods there, very neat. This can be useful on long drives to keep water bottles etc( not sure if this has been mentioned earlier too)
Waiting for the break-in period to be over to rev it up a little at times, any idea till when should one ideally wait?
Old 21st July 2010, 20:25   #100
BHPian

Quote:
After a months usage, some initial experiences and cannot just help comparing with the verna as that was the last car i was driving
1. I could rest my right hand on the door panel in the verna, the steering was bigger that's why, here cannot. That is something that i need to get used to
I miss this too and few members in the forum also commented on the same, esp when you are used to resting your elbow and pivoting while driving.

Quote:
4. While driving if needed to use the horn, could just use my thumb, here i need to lift it a little as the horn is planted more at the center and is smaller in radius
Use your forearm to reach the center.

Quote:
8. Another small thing but useful is the space below the rear seat to put small items, i put my car care prods there, very neat. This can be useful on long drives to keep water bottles etc( not sure if this has been mentioned earlier too)
Waiting for the break-in period to be over to rev it up a little at times, any idea till when should one ideally wait?
Bingo!. I agree I can't recall if someone mentioned this in the forum.
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2010, 12:41   #101

Quote:
In the owner's manual it is mentioned as 1000 KMs
kvenkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2010, 13:13   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenkatt View Post
In the owner's manual it is mentioned as 1000 KMs
It is recommened to maintain the run-in untill 2k. I did it untill 2.5k.
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2010, 15:29   #103
BHPian

There is a big debate, whether modern day cars are per-run and it wont need any run-in. If you ask anyone is honda SVC they would tell there is no need for run-in. And i have gone through full manual, no where it mentions about run-in period.
shamanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2010, 17:50   #104
BHPian

Quote:
5. Engine is super silent, i think THAT is where the money is for honda and they charge for it. Much more refined clearly and also fuel efficient.
6. Suspensions are great and ride comfort on bumpy roads is much better .
7. Its really amazing to feel the steering at parking , its very nimble and light which makes life very easyWaiting for the break-in period to be over to rev it up a little at times, any idea till when should one ideally wait?
Couldn't agree more with you

The engine noise is so low that only now have I started wondering about tyre noise (I have always used diesel engines prior to the ANHC).

Regarding the break - in, I never really bothered about this. I am from the school of thought that the new engines do not require specific break - in period. Drive freely but don't abuse it. Am sure you will have no trouble.

@ mkh: You seem to enjoy resting your arms (at both sides); who holds the steering?
ajman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2010, 18:03   #105
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajman28 View Post
Couldn't agree more with you

The engine noise is so low that only now have I started wondering about tyre noise (I have always used diesel engines prior to the ANHC).

Regarding the break - in, I never really bothered about this. I am from the school of thought that the new engines do not require specific break - in period. Drive freely but don't abuse it. Am sure you will have no trouble.

@ mkh: You seem to enjoy resting your arms (at both sides); who holds the steering?
Actually with my i-10, recently i went on a long trip and since this was the first NEW car we had, it was quite interesting to see that post that long trip, the engine became smoother and more responsive. My wife commented too that the car is much more pleasure to drive, so i guess having a run where the engine "frees" up is worth it.
Nice observation- i rest my arm and hold the steering with my right hand,the left is more on the gear in this traffic. Wish i could rest both arms and legs at the back though, and have a driver who is ex-munna bhai