Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 22nd July 2010, 20:14   #121
Senior - BHPian

phew. finally someone who shares the same issue as me. 2007 i had a bad problem with maruti 800, so i switched to swift. problem disappeared thanks to high seating, lower gear shifts and excellent engine. switch to ANHC and problem returns in just one week. first two weeks didn't feel a thing. now its become everyday affair to get knee pain or muscle pull.

on your query beastfieast, you have to put a pedal cover that is long and can reach a little bit more below. in such a case your foot will rest on ground atleast and thereby not straining your thigh muscles. remember any movement in ankles impacts knee and thigh directly. on long trips, keep seat to lowest, in this position, since you have AT and you may not brake too much, should not matter.

at this rate if the pain persists like mad some lucky guy is gonna get my city sooner than later. health is important. car comes next.
Old 22nd July 2010, 20:23   #122
BHPian

Thanks,

Could you please help me in understanding why this issue with ANHC, I had Zen before that and never had this issue.

Last year I drove my brother-in-law's Vista for 1000+ KM in a period of 4-5 days and no issues.

What you say, should I put the seat forward and then try the high seating position?

What should be the suggest bending angle at knee?
Old 22nd July 2010, 21:52   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
Thanks,

Could you please help me in understanding why this issue with ANHC, I had Zen before that and never had this issue.

Last year I drove my brother-in-law's Vista for 1000+ KM in a period of 4-5 days and no issues.

What you say, should I put the seat forward and then try the high seating position?

What should be the suggest bending angle at knee?

I am using my city for the last 3 weeks and even have gone a 250+ trip at a go. I am 5.7 too and am not facing any issue as said. My seating position is in a way that the seat is pushed fully backwards and the height is at 0 position. And have inclined the seat from the straight position to one point back. Try this position once.
Old 22nd July 2010, 22:01   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenxer View Post
I am using my city for the last 3 weeks and even have gone a 250+ trip at a go. I am 5.7 too and am not facing any issue as said. My seating position is in a way that the seat is pushed fully backwards and the height is at 0 position. And have inclined the seat from the straight position to one point back. Try this position once.
Thanks, surely will try it.

BTW after putting it fully backwards and with 5.7 height, are you able to reach the accel. and break?
Old 22nd July 2010, 23:26   #125
Senior - BHPian

thats exactly my concern xenxer. if you push it back at zero height, then it is pretty much the same question whether one can reach the pedals.
Old 22nd July 2010, 23:41   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, surely will try it.

BTW after putting it fully backwards and with 5.7 height, are you able to reach the accel. and break?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
thats exactly my concern xenxer. if you push it back at zero height, then it is pretty much the same question whether one can reach the pedals.
I just conformed my seating position and yes its pushed to the extreme back position. Yes i am able to reach the accel and break with no issues. I also feel this position more comfortable because i will be able to rest my left hand on the central console much more comfortably than other positions.

Last edited by xenxer : 22nd July 2010 at 23:43.
Old 23rd July 2010, 00:33   #127
Senior - BHPian

yes but when you press the pedal thats when the strain falls on the quadriceps.
Old 23rd July 2010, 00:39   #128
BHPian

Quote:
yes but when you press the pedal thats when the strain falls on the quadriceps.
Heehee since you have told me this, i will start noticing this from tomorrow and will fell the strain.

But can confirm that till now (since haven't notice or felt any) i haven't had any issues in this driving position.
Old 23rd July 2010, 10:50   #129
Senior - BHPian

ok this is even more dumbfounding discovery. i measured the height between seat and floor for three cars just now. swift, altis and ANHC - and what do you expect? that the ANHC is low? Wrong.

swift and ANHC are 1 feet in height, while altis at lowest seat position is 11" (little less than one feet) in height. now the question is each seems similar in terms of thigh support as well i dont see any great difference in height either. if so then what is the cause for my quadriceps to pain so much?

this is proving beyond a point that now the only other thing that matters is the way in which the leg is placed on the clutch. the only thing that can make my Q's pain is when my foot goes off the ground and the clutch resists it on the way back after a press. while I cant say swift or anhc have butter smooth clutch, they seem smoother than the altis. given this is the case, now what then is the way out for the Q's pain? what is the root cause for this?

another observation is that the altis footwell is cramped to left of clutch. the anhc footwell is cramped to right of accelerator, while swift i believe is neutral both ways. i have still not included fiesta in this conversation. will someone who owns fiesta be kind enough to measure the height between top of seat and floor of fiesta please?

Any thoughts friends?
Old 24th July 2010, 10:31   #130
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
is it that difficult ?

The one on the right is Aveo UVA
extreme left seems like Palio
is the next left Figo ?
I guess it is that difficult

The correct order is Palio -> Facelifted Palio -> ANHC -> Chevy Beat
Old 24th July 2010, 11:10   #131
BHPian

I and GeekSrik share the same knee problem with ANHC. If that similarity works than I guess for him odd man out would be ANHC as it is the only in different shade then the rest of 3 as they are from RED shade

And if I give more stress on mind then it would be 'beat' as it is parked in opposite direction then rest
Old 24th July 2010, 23:25   #132
BHPian

Huh! very strange guys. I don't have this problem at all. I got my right knee operated exactly last year for a meniscus tear and I started driving the city after 4 months and till now I have no issues. I am 5' 6. The only problem I have is not able to pivot my right elbow while driving.
Old 25th July 2010, 10:22   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I guess it is that difficult

The correct order is Palio -> Facelifted Palio -> ANHC -> Chevy Beat
Bingo! right.

Quote:
I and GeekSrik share the same knee problem with ANHC. If that similarity works than I guess for him odd man out would be ANHC as it is the only in different shade then the rest of 3 as they are from RED shade

And if I give more stress on mind then it would be 'beat' as it is parked in opposite direction then rest
Its the former case of a simple photo. but in the context of so much leg pain i guess you started interpreting it in terms of pain it would cause!
Old 25th July 2010, 10:25   #134
Senior - BHPian

more updates. went to an ortho yesterday. i have been asked to stay away from the car for a month. i have been asked to go to gym and excercise my muscles. for quadriceps, i am supposed to lift dumbles up with my legs, for 3,5,7 and 10kgs over a time line.

and for hamstrings, i am supposed to press the same dumbles down against its resistance over a period of time.

assuming i need to buy that machine myself is there one such available for me in the market?

meanwhile my RC book is not yet transferred and if anyone is interested in my car, there is a small window of opportunity for them to take it directly in your name. let me know by pm
Old 25th July 2010, 11:57   #135
BHPian

Quote:
more updates. went to an ortho yesterday. i have been asked to stay away from the car for a month. i have been asked to go to gym and excercise my muscles. for quadriceps, i am supposed to lift dumbles up with my legs, for 3,5,7 and 10kgs over a time line.

and for hamstrings, i am supposed to press the same dumbles down against its resistance over a period of time.

assuming i need to buy that machine myself is there one such available for me in the market?

meanwhile my RC book is not yet transferred and if anyone is interested in my car, there is a small window of opportunity for them to take it directly in your name. let me know by pm
Srikanth,
That is exactly what I was advised after my knee surgery. Now I am a completely different person, after I started working out for my legs, I can run as well. I suggest you hit the gym rather than buying equipments, since overall body excercise is what is required as well
Closed Thread