Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 18th September 2010, 13:47   #76
BHPian

Hi SChoudhury

It comes with a FM pairing button and on pressing it it talks aloud the frequency you need to set your music FM system to begin pairing the bluetooth device to the car's music system.

Once done, you have your cars music system paired to the device and calls can be taken/made throught it. The cars speakers provide a much better sound quality that the device's speakers.

There are some other options available too like one which is doubles up a rear view mirror and can be put on top of the car's rear view mirror. The number is displayed during an incoming call and also read aloud if the phone has voice speaking feature.For numbers already stored on your phone, it reads out the name directly. Similarly, you can just say aloud the name of the person you want to call after pressing on a button for just 2 secs and the call is made.
anu_romil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2010, 13:50   #77
BHPian

@Naveenvenkatesh

I was told oil change during second service - 3months/5k kms.
Old 20th September 2010, 15:52   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu_romil View Post
@Naveenvenkatesh

I was told oil change during second service - 3months/5k kms.
I think you mean 5k/6 months. The manual says oil 'replace' for 10k/12 months service which is the 3rd free service.

Last edited by naveenvenkatesh : 20th September 2010 at 15:53. Reason: Spelling
naveenvenkatesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 17:56   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi SChoudhury

It comes with a FM pairing button and on pressing it it talks aloud the frequency you need to set your music FM system to begin pairing the bluetooth device to the car's music system.

Once done, you have your cars music system paired to the device and calls can be taken/made throught it. The cars speakers provide a much better sound quality that the device's speakers.

There are some other options available too like one which is doubles up a rear view mirror and can be put on top of the car's rear view mirror. The number is displayed during an incoming call and also read aloud if the phone has voice speaking feature.For numbers already stored on your phone, it reads out the name directly. Similarly, you can just say aloud the name of the person you want to call after pressing on a button for just 2 secs and the call is made.
Wow thats pretty cool .
How much did you pay for it ? and does it have any warranty kind of stuff.

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2010, 17:54   #80
BHPian

Naveenvenkatesh,

Sorry for the late reply. True - got the second servicing done at 5k kms and the oil change happens at 10k kms..

No issues so far,car running smooth and fine.

On the bluetooth device:
The bluetooth device jabra does come with a warranty.Will have to check - how much.There were many other models too like one that doubles up as a rear view mirror and displays/calls out numbers as well.
Old 7th November 2010, 19:07   #81
BHPian

Belated congrats on the Ritz. Hope to see a mid term owner review soon. I just booked a Genus VXi myself, found it to be a very practical car, and one of the very few ones I could fit in (I'm 6'1" too ) ... are you using shell premium fuel in your car?

Last edited by kanuj : 7th November 2010 at 19:12.
kanuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2010, 11:51   #82
BHPian

Hi Kanuj,

Congrats.

I am using normal petrol. I once used shell petrol though, and the F.E. shot up a few points.

There has been no problem so far as far the runnig is concerned. I think there are a few blindspots as far as the visibility is concerned. I need to stretch my neck when taking sharp turns to make sure I see everything.

Maybe its because of my height and the high seating position i use.Not sure if everybody else has the problem.
Old 21st December 2010, 07:59   #83
BHPian

Default Re: Initial ownership Report - Ritz zxi

Latest updates:

1. Some scratches have appeared on the vehicle.. Back bumper hit by a speeding motorcyclist once.needs to be changed. Will not claim insurance most probbaly. The culprit happened to be ABS . The car comes to an immediate halt as soon a sudden break is applied,giving people behind you little time to react. 'Maintaining breaking distance' concepts are useless in a city like hyderabad.

2. No other problem so far. Car running at around 6800 kms level and has had 2 servicings,both free. No oil change or any major work done so far.
3. FE is usually in the range of 12.6- 13.2 km/l with 100% ac and 100% stereo

4. Last 2 months - used AC sparingly because of the winter and found FE shot up to 17.53 km/l.Audio was used 100% of the time.

5. There is a slight growl of the compressor when the ac is switched on but the car servicing guys says it was ok.Wondering if others have this issue too. However, its just once a day ( the first start in the morning) and not a big issue.
Old 21st December 2010, 08:34   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Latest updates:

1. Some scratches have appeared on the vehicle.. Back bumper hit by a speeding motorcyclist once.needs to be changed. Will not claim insurance most probbaly. The culprit happened to be ABS . The car comes to an immediate halt as soon a sudden break is applied,giving people behind you little time to react. 'Maintaining breaking distance' concepts are useless in a city like hyderabad.

2. No other problem so far. Car running at around 6800 kms level and has had 2 servicings,both free. No oil change or any major work done so far.
3. FE is usually in the range of 12.6- 13.2 km/l with 100% ac and 100% stereo

4. Last 2 months - used AC sparingly because of the winter and found FE shot up to 17.53 km/l.Audio was used 100% of the time.

5. There is a slight growl of the compressor when the ac is switched on but the car servicing guys says it was ok.Wondering if others have this issue too. However, its just once a day ( the first start in the morning) and not a big issue.
Oooppsss, the bike must have hit the bumper real hard, that it needs a replacement.
Ya, if possible post some pics of the damange on the bumper and also keep us posted about the expense for getting the same fixed or replaced.
WOW, that's a awesome mileage man , how do you manage to get these numbers, in my vdi the best i could achieve in city driving was around 15 .
Ya i also get the same growl from the A/c but only on low speeds otherwise its fine , i will also get it during the next servicing.

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2010, 00:36   #85
BHPian

Yah the biker was speeding behind me when I had to apply a sudden break because a bus suddenly started from halt and turned towards the direction I was travelling.

Just a minor portion got hit but the metal piece broke and so would need a total replacement. It wont be too visible if I get the small dent fixed but the broken metal would still be noticebale if looked at closely.Costs are 4500. If I claim insurance I would have to shell out 1500.rest would be borne by Insurance guys.The biker gave me 700 bucks towards the damage. so overall i would have to pay 800 rs from my pocket if i decide for insurance.

FE figures - yah I am surprised at the 17.5 + levels being returned consistently. I am wondering how much would it return if the audio is also not used at all.

Even the 13.2- 13.6 levels with ac and audio on were surpassed my expectations from a petrol hatch.The lowest I got was 12.6 during the rainy seasons when there was a lot of load on defoggers,rear and front wipers etc.

I like the huge amount of space available for tall drivers but envy the visibility and the low seating position that a FIGO would have to offer.

Last edited by anu_romil : 23rd December 2010 at 00:36. Reason: spelling
Old 23rd December 2010, 06:51   #86
Senior - BHPian

The effects of usage of audio in FE is negligent.
govigov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2010, 23:44   #87
BHPian

Oh is it? Then I might not try it at all.
Old 4th October 2011, 19:46   #88
BHPian

The problem in my earlier post about remote lock not working was because of a door being left open and not because of anything else.

Update after 15K kms - NO PROBLEM WHATSOVER.

F.E. - The lowest I have got is 12.5. Mostly its between 13.5 and 15 with ac and 2 occupants seated all the time.

The highest was 17.6, consistently for about 1.5 months. - during the months of December,January last year, when there wasn't any use of the AC.

1 Servicing was done at 10K Kms in may.

Last edited by anu_romil : 4th October 2011 at 19:53.
anu_romil is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 14:42   #89
BHPian

Hey anu_romil,

You must have completed a couple of paid services now. How much does it cost, especially on the big ones at 20/40k?
SlowRider is offline   Reply With Quote