Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 28th December 2005, 15:15   #16
BHPian

Latest news on this, if u can bargain hard, and want to take up a 2005 manufactured vehicle, a Dealer here is ready to give around 80,000 CASH Discount on the Sonata Embera! making it more n more VFM!
Insane Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2005, 02:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

Insane devil, U are very biased upon Hyundai products.

But, Some of us know hyundais are korean cars and korean cars are nothing but 'K-O-R-E-A-N'.

I dont detest hyundai cars.But,When my cousin calls from the US and asks what car i own, i would hate to say its a 'hyundai'.Period.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2005, 16:54   #18
BHPian

well mite, i know what u mean, but then, in the Indian market, Hyundai is doing great coz of the COST factor, + in the US, u have lot of other varieties! when in Australia, i had a Ford, and was proud of it, and would have hated to own a "Toyota" ! coz its know to be the one the desi's go for coz its the cheapest! but then, the Toyota actually is a very practical choice as it indeed is the cheapest out there and very good , quality vise.

ditto in India but here the Hyundai is picking up slowly. thou, they do miss out on quality a lil bit, which in turn helps decrease the cost of spares, and car by big margins. and for a country like India, where traffic has no bounds, the best is to maintain something cheap on maintainence, but which is good allrounder. the Honda Accord, compared to the Sonata , is only better in "QUALITY" and "Brand Value" and nothing else. IMHO...!
Old 29th December 2005, 20:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
I dont detest hyundai cars.But,When my cousin calls from the US and asks what car i own, i would hate to say its a 'hyundai'.Period.
This is a pretty weird reason for not buying a particular model, but then - different people, different strokes.

The new Sonata is a much better car than the current Accord.

Lambo - from my experience, the Mondeo's suspension is a pain on anything but smooth roads. It has been set up for that wonderful high-speed handling and is phenomenal doing its vehicle-dynamics duty, but it gets VERY noisy and bumpy when it has to do suspension duty. However if you agree with the designers that the primary responsibility of a car's suspension is to make it (and its occupants) feel that it DOESNT have one and go faster and tighter, I suppose you'd be pretty happy.

Besides this, there are other well-documented issues with the Mondeo.

Last edited by Steeroid : 29th December 2005 at 20:39.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2005, 17:28   #20
BHPian

Thumbs up

I just bought a black hyundai embera and am simply loving the car. One wish though, i wish the door handles where in chrome (the hyundai elantra has them and it is a much cheaper car ) . Also wish that the non-driver seat had electronic controls for seat adjustment as well,
and lastly the HVAC system looks quite bland and dated compared to the Accord's, this should have been more elegant if not flashier. In all other aspects the car seems brilliant for now.
Beeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2005, 20:33   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saajan_20
hail honda hail accord !!! that s all i can say !!!
hyundai is purposely named so to confuse u with honda !!!!
well that explains everything
Old 1st January 2006, 04:55   #22
BHPian

BEEMAN!!!!! u lucky u! finally bought the Sonata Embera, did ya! CONGRATS MITE!

very very good choice! very happy u went for it, than the Accord! and u rite about the dissapoinments u have with the Sonata, i had the similar ones. BEEMAN, pppplease do tell me the mileage u are getting in CITY TRAFFIC with AC on always.

PLEASE mite! coz i have heard real bad mileage of it, the showroom guys, sometimes they say 5-6, and sometimes 9-10! what exactly are u getting?

do post the pics plz.! enjoy ur new car to the fullest! its powerful!
Old 2nd January 2006, 12:26   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,
my jijaji got a new White Accord 2.4 M/T with the V6's 16" alloys and 215 tyres.
He is quite happy with the car but still likes his Mondeo.
Anyway,
i went to the Honda Showroom and the Hyundai Showroom and saw both these cars recently.
While i didn't go for a TD i sat in it and did all the asic inspections.

The Sonata is way bigger and looked way better but i wasn't happy with the visibility and i fear that my driver may scratch it soon.
I loved the looks though and the only let down was the interior quality but i still liked it more then our accord.
The accord on the other hand is more like a car just offering all show and nothing else.
having sat in the car to Pune and back, i really wasn't impressed, as a passenger, i felt scared when the car used to do 170kmph + and the ride wasn't all that good either but it scores in areas where customers want - exterior and interior looks and the all important HONDA badge.
lamborghini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2006, 13:02   #24
BHPian

hey Lambo, nice comparision, yea the Accord, actually almost all Honda vehicles, feel very fragile and a bit scary at high speeds! even the previous City, feels very unsafe at speeds over 100 kmph, while compared to the Icon, & Lancer! so is the problem with the Accord, i heard the Octi feels lot more stable than the Accord, and Mondeo excels in this thing!

The Sonata Embera is very sturdy at high speeds! i took a spin at it at 140kmph- 160 kmph max (more than that, and someone springs up in front of u as speed killer!) , of my cousin on way to Mahabs, and it handled beautifully!

i am yet to finalise on the Laura, if not the Embera is the way to go! will be checking out Laura today hopefully.
Old 2nd January 2006, 21:31   #25
Team-BHP Support

i rate both the cars equal but the v6 verson has the edge.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2006, 11:39   #26
BHPian

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
BEEMAN!!!!! u lucky u! finally bought the Sonata Embera, did ya! CONGRATS MITE!

very very good choice! very happy u went for it, than the Accord! and u rite about the dissapoinments u have with the Sonata, i had the similar ones. BEEMAN, pppplease do tell me the mileage u are getting in CITY TRAFFIC with AC on always.

PLEASE mite! coz i have heard real bad mileage of it, the showroom guys, sometimes they say 5-6, and sometimes 9-10! what exactly are u getting?

do post the pics plz.! enjoy ur new car to the fullest! its powerful!
Thanks for the congrats. Well i actually can't tell you the mileage as yet cause its too cold to switch on the a/c yet!! Also its just a week old so i would have to wait and see. Definately will post pics of the car, The colour black looks awesome on it. But the maintainence of the colour black is usually a b***h.
Old 3rd January 2006, 17:20   #27
BHPian

u r absolutely rite abt the Maintainence abt Color BLACK!

i tried convincing my dad not to for the black, but my sister suggested Black, so he wants BLACK! bah!
Old 3rd January 2006, 19:57   #28
BHPian

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
u r absolutely rite abt the Maintainence abt Color BLACK!

i tried convincing my dad not to for the black, but my sister suggested Black, so he wants BLACK! bah!
Well at least you will look cool. U can never go wrong with the colour black. Which incidentally is my favourite.
Old 4th January 2006, 08:49   #29
BHPian

hahaa,,, lookin cool.. at what cost the problem here is, at home there aint any "shelter" over the cars to protect them from sun, they are kept under sun. and same applies to our Office. the car will be under the sun from mornin to evening! chances of the BLACK color fading wud be very fast. but then, as i decided which car to take, sis is deciding what color!!! gals! they never understand the technicalities!
Old 4th January 2006, 10:34   #30
Senior - BHPian

Accord starts like a diesel ? Thats a bit overboard. Honda engines are typically ultra refined and I find this a tough one to digest.
zenx is offline   Reply With Quote