Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 11th January 2006, 10:22   #46
BHPian

In what way would you say its better?! never liked the mondeo that much though.
Beeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2006, 13:36   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeman
In what way would you say its better?!
I have the same question for you, devarshi. In what way is the Mondeo better?
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2006, 18:23   #48
BHPian

Mondeo is better because...hmm....
1. Its a rare find
2. ...
Insane Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2006, 23:57   #49
BHPian

for a 17+ lac car the interiors seemed quite bland. The braking also seemed suspect at times. Ok the xenon lamps were good. Never liked the rear lights though. Ford called it a sporty luxury car(or so i read somewhere)........
Old 12th January 2006, 05:23   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I have the same question for you, devarshi. In what way is the Mondeo better?

you drive one. shouldnt you know better?

well for me

1. Its got a better driving experience.
2. more techonology(not necessarily of great quality)
3. I like the looks more than the accord or the sonata.
4. HIgh speed highway stability is better and city driving equally good.
5. contrary to Beeman I liked the leather and brushed interiors a lot better than the accord or sonata.
6. Again contrary to Beeman I liked the braking which is responsive.
7. and as Insane devil said...... It's a rare find.

Hey beeman mondeo is not 16lakhs anymore. Its 14 and the xenons are gone.

Steeroid whats your take on the mondeo after driving that white one???
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2006, 09:07   #51
Senior - BHPian

1. Its got a better driving experience.

Lets not talk vague stuff. You said its a better car so your reasons should be better than this

I dont see more technology on the Mondy. The two other engines are way ahead and as for the rest of the car there isnt much to rave about in the Mondy

3. I like the looks more than the accord or the sonata.

Subjective

4. HIgh speed highway stability is better and city driving equally good.

High speed stability is good, but the Sonata has caught up on this count though the Accord is still way ahead. I wouldnt agree on the city driving experience

5. contrary to Beeman I liked the leather and brushed interiors a lot better than the accord or sonata.

Again subjective

6. Again contrary to Beeman I liked the braking which is responsive.

WHAT?????? Have you driven a Mondy, mate? Braking is PATHETIC

7. and as Insane devil said...... It's a rare find.

Hardly a reason to be spending 15-odd lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
Steeroid whats your take on the mondeo after driving that white one???
YAAWN. I dont find anything to talk about other than high-speed stability. It doesnt have the power, braking, or options to compete with other cars in the category. It is also the one with the smallest engine size (2.0 v/Sz 2.4). It has the worst suspension setup for this country, and you will get acquainted with every little stone on the road. It is also unreliable and makes all sorts of noises every now and then.

Devarshi I frankly dont think you dont have a clue as to what you're talking about here. I also think you're carrying this underdog thing a bit too far these days. How else can you claim that a car that is no competition to the two being discussed here is actually better than the two?

Try to be objective, not emotional.
Old 12th January 2006, 09:20   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
explain in what world is that considered good?
you have hundreds of tech toys (all sort of safety gadgets) but in poor quality and in case of emergency you don't know whether they will work

i think i am right in saying that most people will go for few no of toys but knowing that they will work when in need
adya33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2006, 11:19   #53
BHPian

Steeroid! way to go man!

its a nice comparision and contradiction u have written out there!
Insane Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2006, 12:30   #54
BHPian

Im sure about the breaking bit too. Ive never owned a mondeo personally, but a close friend did. SO when i drove it that was the experience i had with the braking. But i must say build quality of Ford has always been solid. ?Just close the doors to hear the nice thud, you find that missing to some extent on the japaneese and korean cars !!

Another ugly thing that i remember: in the interiors was a ugly white clock in the middle of the dash, above the a/c controls (my personal dislike anyways) which stood out in the stark black/grey interiors. I always felt that the interiors were too jaded compared to the accord at that time.

The mondeo that is coming now is definately not worth it. They have taken out quite a few of its cool characteristics, among them xenon lights. Yes the safety features are all there, but 90% of india seems to be very feature conscious nowdays while buying a car. You can give a hundred air bags and it wouldnt make a difference but give a new electronic feature here and there or something that is visible half of us would jump to buy the car. The mondeo is face lifted (or so i have heard) but its almost passable. Rather go in for the accord/embera.........anyday!

Last edited by Beeman : 12th January 2006 at 12:36.
Old 12th January 2006, 13:01   #55
BHPian

Quote:
hey steer, take it easy on the guy, he only mentioned "for me. mondeo is way better ..."

so, we can allow people to have their personal opinions, but, if we want to consider them, we need solid facts to backup ... - so thats our lookout, we can choose to ignore such "baseless" comments

btw - i really like your new signature
goldie_malhotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2006, 07:29   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Devarshi I frankly dont think you dont have a clue as to what you're talking about here. I also think you're carrying this underdog thing a bit too far these days. How else can you claim that a car that is no competition to the two being discussed here is actually better than the two?

I had just asked your opinion on the car buddy and not what you think about me.I am completely in my senses and know what I am talking about. How shall I take this words you are pointing at me buddy? as an insult, an offence or just a light joke?

Looks like you have not taken proper care of that white mondy of yours eh!.Must be the reason you are always found bashin Fiat and Ford in each and every thread.as A certain MR. AMit said you wont buy anything else than a honda or toyota. I think you wont understand what a mondy is even if you own one.

yes I am carrying this underdog thing too far. because I am an early adopter. because I do what I say.Anything problems you have with that? I am all for the underdogs.

and as Goldie_malhotra said:- ITs all subjective. theres a place for each and every car to sell in India.

Mondeo is a great car is not just said by me. Its said by Jagat Nanjappa himself. He was in the drivers seat and I was sitting besides him. All the mags have said this.

1. For me a mondeo has better driving experience than the other two anyday.Its the best drivers car in the segment(if you dont consider the RS)

2. a 2l engine keeping up with a 2.4 is what counts. I wouldnt want A bigger engine being beaten by a smaller one.

3. mondeo has had electric seats and other gadgets even when honda didnt even dream of bringing them in INdia.

4. subjective. I found it pretty manouverable in the city of ahmedabad. It's behaviour was pretty similar to the octavia petrol.

5. you said subjective but even now sonata and accord dont have leather seats if that's what you call subjective.

6. get the brake pads on your mondy replaced. Its time.

7. FOr me its important for the car to be a rare find when I am spending 15lakhs.

buying the car as a whole is subjective. hence I hope you dont make such personal comments again.
Old 13th January 2006, 09:13   #57
Senior - BHPian

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<duplicate Post Deleted>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited by Steeroid : 13th January 2006 at 09:20.
Old 13th January 2006, 09:20   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like you have not taken proper care of that white mondy of yours eh!.
Apparantly its the best maintained Mondy according to the authorised service centre. Its done just 18k kms in 2 years, so you can imagine how much I tend to use this one.

Quote:
Must be the reason you are always found bashin Fiat and Ford in each and every thread.as A certain MR. AMit said you wont buy anything else than a honda or toyota.
Mr Amit is entitled to his opinions about me that I frankly dont deem worthy of comment, but the fact is that I own neither Honda nor Toyota. As for my inclinations, there are reasons for it - the primary one being that I am not a sucker for stickers and their perceived value. I tend to evaluate each vehicle for what it is worth, not what the badge is. I cannot say that about certain other people who seem to think that certain brands are great and believe (and say) that their ride in India is comparable or better than any other vehicle in the world. That's looking at the world through blinkers. I am a fan of the Focus hatch, not the Mondeo - two cars from the same label that I have disparate opinions about.

Quote:
I think you wont understand what a mondy is even if you own one.
And you understand one even if you dont own one? The ownership experience is a different story from a one-off drive.

Quote:
yes I am carrying this underdog thing too far. because I am an early adopter. because I do what I say.Anything problems you have with that? I am all for the underdogs.
There is just one problem with that - stand by what you believe, but dont impose it on others.

Quote:
Mondeo is a great car is not just said by me. Its said by Jagat Nanjappa himself. He was in the drivers seat and I was sitting besides him. All the mags have said this.
I speak from my own experiences, not what xyz has told me or what some mags put out.

Quote:
get the brake pads on your mondy replaced. Its time.
You havent seen my car or driven it, yet you choose to give armchair advice. I suppose you know more than the Ford service centre who have seen and driven the car and think the brake pads are fine.

Quote:
hence I hope you dont make such personal comments again.
Those were not personal comments - those were comments on your observations about the car and I stand by what I said. If you go through your post once again you may realise which one of us has been throwing personal comments, passing random judgement and giving unsolicited advice.

Enough said. The Mondeo doesnt belong here as the topic is Sonata v/s Accord. If you still want to argue, you can PM me if you have an open mind.

Last edited by Steeroid : 13th January 2006 at 09:27.
Old 13th January 2006, 10:07   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mr Amit is entitled to his opinions about me that I frankly dont deem worthy of comment, but the fact is that I own neither Honda nor Toyota. As for my inclinations, there are reasons for it - the primary one being that I am not a sucker for stickers and their perceived value. I tend to evaluate each vehicle for what it is worth, not what the badge is. I cannot say that about certain other people who seem to think that certain brands are great and believe (and say) that their ride in India is comparable or better than any other vehicle in the world. That's looking at the world through blinkers. I am a fan of the Focus hatch, not the Mondeo - two cars from the same label that I have disparate opinions about.
and you Mr. xyz are entitled to your opinion which I dont deem worthy of comment.

you just proved yourself wrong with the above statement buddy. Every1 have heir own choices. I have mine and you have yours.

to know a car you dont necessarily need to own it. I have driven a mondeo for enough time for me to understand the car AND COMMENT ON IT.

Quote:
There is just one problem with that - stand by what you believe, but dont impose it on others.
please show one instance when I imposed my opinion on some1.

my statement was a simple

Quote:
ok nothing much different between the 2 cars.

I would vote for sonata as it is cheaper.

But for me ford mondeo is way better car than the other two.
and suddenly you showered your frustration on me for whatever reason only known to you.

Quote:
I speak from my own experiences, not what xyz has told me or what some mags put out.
so do I mr.Xyz

and as you are the owner of a ford mondeo, according to you even you dont know what you are talking about or you wouldnt be regretting you purchase so much my friend.

i HAVE NOT PASSED ANY PERSONAL COMMENT, NOT GIVEN ANY UNSOLICITED ADVICE OR AM RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY JUDGEMENT TO ANY1. OTHERS MAY HAVE FOUGHT WITH YOU ON pm'S BEFORE ON YOUR INVITATION BUT i AM A PEACE LOVING MAN.

LOOK AT THIS THREAD AND YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THAT i HAVE COMMENTED ON THE POST AND IT JUST INCLUDED MY PERSONAL OPINION THAT i AM ENTITLED TO.

Quote:
ok nothing much different between the 2 cars.

I would vote for sonata as it is cheaper.

But for me ford mondeo is way better car than the other two.
THE FIRST STATEMENT IS RELATED TO THE THREAD AND THE SECOND IS MY PERSONAL OPINION.

PEACE
Old 13th January 2006, 12:56   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
my statement was a simple

and suddenly you showered your frustration on me for whatever reason only known to you.
Your statement was as sweeping as it was simple, and no the comment that I made did not relate to the statement you have quoted but for the rather vague reasons you chose to give for that sweeping statement.

Quote:
and as you are the owner of a ford mondeo, according to you even you dont know what you are talking about or you wouldnt be regretting you purchase so much my friend.
1. Kindly refrain from using that patronising 'my friend' tone as you're not one of them - I tend to be choosy and would like to think that I have better taste

2. I have never said that I regret the purchase - dont put words into my mouth. I got it that car for a song and I dont really care how it runs. The point is that it can never be a better car than the Accord or the Sonata. Period.

Finally, kindly compare the two posts and figure out who's being emotional over one observation, which incidentally you have gone on to prove right through your subsequent posts.

and one for the road...

Quote:
and you Mr. xyz are entitled to your opinion which I dont deem worthy of comment.
You've just spewed two pages of comments on what you dont deem worthy of comment !!! This is comical!

I'm outta this!

Last edited by Steeroid : 13th January 2006 at 13:05.