Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 4th July 2010, 07:50   #1
BHPian

Default Ford Endeavour 3.0 4X4

Good to be here and hope to take help from everyone. This is a continuation to my earlier post (Endeavour 3.0 4WD AT or Pajero or Captiva Xtreme MT - Team-BHP) which was dedicated towards the decision to buy an Endy 3.0, referred to Xena from now on.

So, the decision was sealed between me and my cow that there is no looking back; it'll be the Endy. The only thing that has changed is the choice of the color.

We were at the dealership yesterday (Bhavna Ford, DY Patil Stadium, Nerul, Navi Mumbai), and just before I was to sign the credit card slip for the booking amount, my cow decided to change her decision from black to white. I played along as I have admired the statesmanish look of the white one. The black was a choice because of my love for Eric Hotchner (Criminal Minds) and Dana Scully & Fox Maulder (X-Files)...

Couple of raging questions which I must respond to at this stage.

Pricing: I know you may call me stupid!!! but I am yet to get a firm fix on finally what I will end up paying. Between Me, Swapnil (Bhavna Ford) and Shuklaji (Pathfinders - Financial Service Providers... loan broker), we trying some magic to get to a consensus. All I know that it may be around my figure which is 21,20,857 + Stamp Duty Charges. I have told Swapnil that I am the quintessential Indian consumer who needs something for free, and so I am expecting him to throw in some freebies, but what would that be is not even a guess.

Discount: Again... No discount from the dealership. Shuklaji would get me some from his share of the pie, as he would be doing the insurance bit as well.

Financing: I have observed that I have kept cars for usually 3 years, and while I don't intend to do the same with Xena, but HE knows that I get the itch every three years. Nevertheless, decided upon the fact that I need to pay a moderate upfront and low EMIs. SO, the duration had to go up. Have decided upon going in for a sever-year loan. There were a variety of options available, but mostly from public sector banks. I had been in touch with SBI, Corporation Bank, and Bank of Karnataka. Federal Bank & Axis Bank were being tapped from the non-PSU sector. As it seems, its going to be Axis. Its on a 10.5% standard rate; Shuklaji has promised me to get it confirmed at 50 basis points lower. The other options such as SBI has been talking about their 8% for the first year, ~10% for the 2nd & 3rd year and then for the rest of the four years, it would depend upon market conditions (and expected at about 11%). I have asked Shuklaji to continue to follow up on Federal Bank, as he may get a 9.5% rate there. The problem is that most private banks don't offer 7-year periods. The other thing that should be kept in mind is the 'finance' amount. All PSU Banks (basing my deduction on the 3-4 banks that I have interacted with) operate on financing on the landed price and usually at 85%, whilst all other banks operate on financing on the ex-showroom rpice and usually ranging between 85%-90%. The great Shuklaji is now on war-footing because of my menial demands. He has confirmed 90% funding. Somewhere in between all of this, he is going to part ways with some cash discount to me as well.

Insurance: Insurance will be done by Shuklaji and and confirmed to give me a 30% discount.

Booking: Paid 100,000 INR to make the booking yesterday, 03rd of July. A white-colored car is on its way from the factory and is expected to land by 7th. Inspection to happen on 8th, and then my PDI (I plan to use the Team-BHP PDI Checklist), and then it would take 3 working days for registration. FYI - I am not going for fancy numbers on my plates. I, hence, expect Xena to be home by 14th/15th (considering unforseeable delays and the weekend).

Accessories: I feel a little cheated by the 6K that Ford takes for mats and mud-flaps. I think I will procure them from outside, but that's a decision that I will take later on. I don't intend to buy any specific accessories except for getting the windows tinted/filmed, skid plates, footwell lighting, rear-door mirror (fetish... no use otherwise), roof-rack tray, door weather shield. I don't intend to change the music section. Any suggestions??? Swapnil tells me that the Fottwell lighting has some problems, and they have been facing failure in getting it to work properly. I don't intend to buy the accessories from the dealership, unless quality becomes an issue with private suppliers.

Tyres: What should I do? Current size is 245 / 70 R 16.

Keep on pouring in your thoughts and views... and I shall keep updating this thread as the journey continues to get Xena home!
Paco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 10:56   #2
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco View Post
Tyres: What should I do? Current size is 245 / 70 R 16.
First of all, Congratulations !
I thought, Endy 4X4 AT always comes with 17" Alloys. No ?

Then, it seems like you have created this post little earlier than it should be since this section is for "Initial reviews" and "Ownership experience". So, this thread might get locked till then.

Good luck !
Prem.
kaviprem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 12:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Congrats - the Endeavour is a proper SUV and quite imposing on the road too!

One suggestion: Please remove/don't put the graphics on the side of the Endy! I've seen way too many on the roads with them
anekho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 18:26   #4
BHPian

Congratulations I don't know why i get so exited whenever i see a Endeavour on road or get to know of someone buying it. Maybe its beacuse i owned one sometime back & i just loved it.

The huge road presence of this vehicle is what i loved the most.

Waiting for the White Monster to arrive your home & then on T-BHP.
Neil.Bhujbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 18:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the booking the monster dude. I like the previous generation looks but what the hell, its a fantastic ride nevertheless.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 18:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congratualations Booking Endy.

Hope you will get timely delivery of the car and await some good photographs!
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 18:54   #7
BHPian

Thanks, Prince, Neil and Anekho.

@Kaviprem: My intent is to give a feedback on the entire process right from pre-acquisition stage to about 2500kms. The whole process is not found anywhere, and as a novice, like so many others I know who visit this site, these were the various thoughts rattling in & out of my mind. Endy comes with a 16" alloy, and hence the question. Are the stock tyres good enough?; should I change them. If so, then what config and make. The MRF dealer here in Kharghar told me that I should look at Yokohama, but I ain't too sure.
Paco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 21:24   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco View Post
Thanks, Prince, Neil and Anekho.

@Kaviprem: My intent is to give a feedback on the entire process right from pre-acquisition stage to about 2500kms. The whole process is not found anywhere, and as a novice, like so many others I know who visit this site, these were the various thoughts rattling in & out of my mind. Endy comes with a 16" alloy, and hence the question. Are the stock tyres good enough?; should I change them. If so, then what config and make. The MRF dealer here in Kharghar told me that I should look at Yokohama, but I ain't too sure.
Congrats!!!I will be booking the same very soon.
As suggested by GTO in some other thread,you cannot do much on the vintage leaf springs, Go for more rubber and less alloy so that the ride quality is very comfortable and keep the tyre pressure two pounds less.
Waiting for the pics!!!!
kedarwalke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 15:36   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on the car! Please note that Team-BHP does not permit booking / buying experience threads in the Test-Drives section anymore. For the benefit of members & guests alike, it is now imperative to include a complete report on the car (the driving experience / comfort / features, what you like, what you don't like etc.).

This thread is temporarily closed. Please PM me or report this post once you are ready to update with a complete driving report; that's when it shall be re-opened. Thanks for your support.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote