Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd November 2010, 22:17   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-one View Post
I suggest you visit the dealers who stock decals. There is one mumbai based company 'autographix' ( the link is given below ) which makes decals, and there are dealers in pune who stock them. Also, there are numerous shops in nanapeth who carry out this work, though the quality is suspect. There are some shops in nanapeth who stock autographix decals as well.
Btw, I have changed the looks of my M800 using both, the autographix decals and custom vinyl graphics , and Iam happy with the results.
Autographix
Thanks for the help auto-one i stumbled on the autographix site via ebay as they are selling custom decals on ebay as well. I would call them up to check if they can work on my custom designs which i have in mind for my Beat.

They have a dealer at Nana Peth in pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Did any one noticed the tire sound while cruising? My car is producing a good amount of tyre noise on highways, especially above 70Kph. I know its mostly due to road conditions but this is bit annoying when night drives with no audio. My other cars are not making this much of sound and I think its tyre related. What do you think guys?
Yes Sajit even i have noticed some weird tyre noise even while driving at slightly higher speed on city roads with no music playing and car windows open.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 14th November 2010 at 00:07. Reason: Please use the EDIT function instead of posting back-to-back posts within 20 minutes. Thanks.
KreativeGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2010, 13:58   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
Yes Rear + Front Bumper + rear one tail light cover for 5K, even i was surprised because when my alto's front bumper had cracked out i had to pay 3K for that plasticky stuff
Thanks for the confrimation. This is indeed surprising and good as well. Dont have to worry about nicks and scratches to the bumper.
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2010, 17:09   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes Sajit even i have noticed some weird tyre noise even while driving at slightly higher speed on city roads with no music playing and car windows open.
Me too noticed it. But then checking the air pressure it was 2 psi down. I normally fill 36psi. Two weeks I noticed 1 to 2 psi decrease every other day. Last Saturday while filling I asked the Air guy to tight the valve nuts. Now problem solved.

1 psi down than 32 will give considerable road noise.

Cheers!

Vinu

Last edited by myavu : 9th November 2010 at 17:15.
myavu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2010, 17:22   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Me too noticed it. But then checking the air pressure it was 2 psi down. I normally fill 36psi. Two weeks I noticed 1 to 2 psi decrease every other day. Last Saturday while filling I asked the Air guy to tight the valve nuts. Now problem solved.

1 psi down than 32 will give considerable road noise.

Cheers!

Vinu
Tyre pressure plays a major role in noise, but in Beat its very much noticeable in 70+ especially with no audio. I've done 3M rubber coating for the under coat which makes the rattles and other noises very much but still its irritating in night drives Engine is almost silent to deceive you that its not on at idle but its not the case on move with this tyre noise. I doubt the sound deadening/proofing materials used in it.
sajjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2010, 10:50   #110
BHPian

FE of 14.87 registered this time on B2B Traffic drive to and from yerwada - hinjewadi, no a/c used during this full-half tank recording method.

Seems i risked topping up fuel litte late this this time during the start of November month, the last fuel indicator bar had started blinking and by the time i reached hinjewadi to re-fuel i realised that the tank was almost empty and post which felt the engine little sore while driving. for 2-3 days.
Old 13th November 2010, 15:52   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
FE of 14.87 registered this time on B2B Traffic drive to and from yerwada - hinjewadi, no a/c used during this full-half tank recording method.
That's pretty good FE you're getting from the Beat! Really good to hear. And also exceptionally well maintained. You might want to get the "Chillies and Lemon" buri nazar protection

Also wanted to ask if you use the rear defogger regularly in monsoons/rains to defog the rear glass? I had heard that it is generally for use in winters, when there is condensation and in cold weather (snow) to de-ice the glass. Was told that it might damage the element to use it in our warm weather

Not sure, so asking.
VeluM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 10:58   #112
vsi
BANNED

Default Re: Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1

Advice needed
I am in a fix. I am planning to Buy Chevrolet beat LT model. Now i have read in the forum that the HU is good but the speakers are bad. Now i have also read in the forum that Illusion series EL-4.1 & EL-42 can replace the original speakers.

I ould like to know what all options do i have. i dont want to Install amps. kindly suggest.

i dont want to spend more than 10000 bucks on speaker upgrade. Also i would like to know whether any one had any experience regarding trading the old speakers for new at the dealership itself.

Also lease help is needed in choosing the dealership. Any one who has dealt with SHIVA MOTORS, Sector-18, Noida.
vsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2010, 11:47   #113
BHPian

Hi

The HU is good with Beat LT model, and my cost of replacing the speakers with Illusions ones along with amp costed me 8K, i think you should go with amp fitting for improved sound fidelity, because with 4" size rear speakers you would not get a deep bass effect still the amp with tweeters along with the front speakers would deliver the punch.

I cannot comment on the dealership part since i am not from delhi

You can also consult alstonlobo on his Beat thread he has being spicing up his Beat regularly with some cool goodies
Old 10th January 2011, 15:41   #114
BHPian

Hi VeluM

I Surely need to get "Chillies and Lemon" for my car as i keep getting wierd stares on road on my car

About the rear defogger, i have used it occasionally in monsoon season during very heavy rains, not required otherwise. While driving in pune winters i have used front de-fogger more than the rear-defogger as the front windsheild glasses get covered by fog fast.

I don't think de-fogger would be required in warm weather, in rainy seasons it's humid and not so warm so it's okay to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
That's pretty good FE you're getting from the Beat! Really good to hear. And also exceptionally well maintained. You might want to get the "Chillies and Lemon" buri nazar protection

Also wanted to ask if you use the rear defogger regularly in monsoons/rains to defog the rear glass? I had heard that it is generally for use in winters, when there is condensation and in cold weather (snow) to de-ice the glass. Was told that it might damage the element to use it in our warm weather

Not sure, so asking.
Old 19th January 2011, 23:04   #115
BHPian

Default 5000 Km Update

My Chevy Beat is back from repairs and service all minor scratches and damage to rear and front bumper with a broken RHS tail lamp fixed. Surprisingly i did not get charged for the service job, talked to the advisor twice when my car got handed over from body workshop division to servicing team.

The service team advisor honestly suggested me not to go for oil change before 15K Kms running, got my first free application of 3M coating done and i am still doubtful what kind of work did they carry out, would get to know when i take my car out this weekend on a long trip to Alibaug and Mumbai.

I have got pic of detailed rates about the charges for servicing from their workshop, would post it later with the fresh pics of my car.

Total Cost of repairs came Rs 7861 which includes

Rear Bumper bracket replacement
Tail lamp replacement
Front Bumper replacement
Paint Job on small areas

Did not claim insurance this time as i had to combine servicing with repairs this time and get my car delivered on time before my extended trip.
Old 21st January 2011, 20:18   #116
BHPian

@ KreativeGeek, sorry to know about the damage to your car. May be I missed this , how did both the bumpers and the RHS tail lamp get damaged ?
And have you put the decals on the car ? Waiting for the pics.

Last edited by auto-one : 21st January 2011 at 20:21.
auto-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 20:42   #117
BHPian

Guys, my rear wiper has suddenly come loose! It's kinda "hanging" and I have cello-taped it to the rear window.

Anyone else faced this kinda problem? :(
quadmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2011, 00:28   #118
BHPian

@Auto One, i did not have the time to get any decal work done this time, i am planning to order transformers autobot accessories which i spotted on some international websites for my Beat, and finalize on a design which i have in mind for the decal, i would take that to autographix dealer and check with them if they can produce that type for me.

I was running short on time during the current servicing as i was leaving for Alibaug trip.

Posting pics tomorrow or this weekend probably
Old 26th January 2011, 00:29   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Guys, my rear wiper has suddenly come loose! It's kinda "hanging" and I have cello-taped it to the rear window.

Anyone else faced this kinda problem? :(
I have read some other users facing this problem in GTO's review thread early last year, would suggest get the loose rear wiper fixed don't rely on a tape, it may come off fast.
Old 28th January 2011, 10:34   #120
BHPian

Thanks KG. For now I've got it locally hardened. I will get it fixed with my first service (due in end Feb).

BTW my baby faced a puncture recently, an inch long nail in the rear tyre. Took it to Ashoka wheels Hyderabad (Minister road), and the guys fixed it neatly in 5 mins (Rs 100).
quadmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote