Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 23rd July 2010, 10:15   #31
Senior - BHPian

WOW !!!! insane !!! i can imagine how it feels pressing on the throttle of good old Goliath....now that he has his "OWN" heart & NOT David's
Congrats man! Way2go
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 11:11   #32
BHPian

Congrats on the monster . Please post some exterior pics. I am a big fan of audi q7, it looks SOLID and can give anyone a scare when seen on a rear view mirror.
gurudutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2010, 17:52   #33
BHPian

Default Head Turner

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 24th July 2010 at 10:38.
4x4 cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 25th July 2010, 05:24   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post

2. Gizmo count has increased a bit. There is a DVD player in addition to the usual 6 CD changer. The bluetooth works like a charm and call/voice quality is superb. Heck I'm tempted to do all my conf calls from Q7 from now on. Ambient lighting now also present under door trims (similar to GL and new E class). The MMI has a juke box (10 GB) where you can rip and store upto 1000 files. The MMI software itself is newer and wee bit better to use.
Congrats on your chariot.

Speaking of gizmos, does it have the option of cooled seats?
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2010, 10:48   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Congrats on your chariot.

A 110% . i dont know if he has opted for it but it is available as an option.i inquired about the 4.2tdi when i went for the booking of my A4 and its available as an option even on my 3.0 tdi so it should definitely be there as an option on the 4.2 tdi
Old 25th July 2010, 11:57   #36
Senior - BHPian

Congrats entropy on the 4.2TDI Q7. A real fabulous SUV And 900Nm of Torque, WOW!!! Definitely in the truck category
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2010, 23:35   #37

congrats on your purchase.u have got a lot of power under your hood.you should get s-line package installed on your 4.2 TDI.Those 20 inch rims make my 3.0tdi look great...

Note from Mod : Please use proper capitalization + punctuation and avoid the use of SMS language (u, gr8, etc). Do see THIS THREAD (Expected Posting Etiquette) before continuing. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th July 2010 at 15:21. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
sabylamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2010, 08:08   #38
BHPian

Default Congtratts man....such a beauty

Congtratts man....such a beauty ...can you post some pics of exterior as well..wanna see those LCD ligths...
diecast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2010, 14:01   #39
BHPian

Thanks again guys for so many congrats and best wishes. It makes me feel super ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
P.S: I loved the way you described the cost of ownership of your previous car ( 3.0TDI version) by simply saying it costed you Rs.160/km. Wonderful to know someone with pockets as deep as that
It is not true actually. Pockets are not deep but as GTO said sometimes you want to splurge (no logic) and go after the passion. I wanted this badly and hence the logical part did not came into picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Enjoy your muscle car...oops...SUV.
P.S. We'd appreciate some nice exterior shots of your beast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diecast View Post
Congtratts man....such a beauty ...can you post some pics of exterior as well..wanna see those LCD ligths...
Actually I don't think of it as a SUV. Just a vehicle with good GC, good power, lots of space and quattro grip - all in a luxurious package. That's it. About the pics lately we are having good monsoon. I'm really sorry but waiting for a bright sunny day to get good pics. Right now it is all covered in mud and grime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
But after installing the tuning box there is just something in knowing that your car is superior is some way to all the others of the model on the road.
At least it gives me satisfaction that I'm deriving out whatever maximum I can out of the same mill without putting too much effort and money. It is a kind of "paisa wasool" feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
WOW !!!! insane !!! i can imagine how it feels pressing on the throttle of good old Goliath....now that he has his "OWN" heart & NOT David's
Congrats man! Way2go
Thanks PlatzdaTurbo. Actually somewhere deep in my subconscious I have always longed for A4 3.0TDi but couldn't buy it for several reasons. Something having similar performance was 4.2 TDi - so had to go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
It is available as an option but not in my car. On the preordered cars list usually the dealers don't put this option. What it means is that if you want a car with your pick of options and features - then please be prepared for a long long wait that could become frustrating at times. Else select one that closely matches your requirements from one of the cars that the dealer has already configured and put on the queue for delivery to India. It works faster that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabylamba View Post
you should get s-line package installed on your 4.2 TDI.Those 20 inch rims make my 3.0tdi look great...
Agree. But not really fan of the s-line unless I get it free. However I'd still like to retain my 18 inchers because I'd like to ride it. But no doubt they look stunning.
entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2010, 18:09   #40
BHPian

Congrats. Enjoy the Brute Power !! One hell of a diesel engine dude. Chiptuning von RaceChip - Prof. Motor Tuning gnadenlos preiswert :P
VOiLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2010, 01:00   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
Thanks PlatzdaTurbo. Actually somewhere deep in my subconscious I have always longed for A4 3.0TDi but couldn't buy it for several reasons. Something having similar performance was 4.2 TDi - so had to go for it.

Yea so far, the A4 3.0 tdi has been ever elusive in India as it wasnt "officially" on sale until off late as per the showroom guys. I have been extremely lucky to get this variant. Nonetheless, you have something very very similar as far as throttle responses are concerned ( i might have read atleast 2 to 3 first drive reports stating this very statement - " the 4.2 tdi is to the Q7 what the 3.0 tdi is to the A4) & something MUCH MUCH MASSIVE as far as size goes ! So we are very close ! Enjoy
Old 1st August 2010, 00:33   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabylamba View Post
you should get s-line package installed on your 4.2 TDI.Those 20 inch rims make my 3.0tdi look great...
What other features come under the s-line package other than the 20 inch wheels?
Anand123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 10:29   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
What other features come under the s-line package other than the 20 inch wheels?

the s-line alloys are different and a lot more flamboyant than the regular 20 inchers that are offered as an option on the q-7. Besides, with the s-line you get an entirely different and sexy looking body kit. muffler tips, carbon fibre bonnet etc etc. can also be included as option. However, i saw this on an s-line q7 variant in Germany. i dont know how much of it would even be available here if the customer is ready to pay for it...unless of course he imports it.
Old 3rd August 2010, 12:43   #44
Senior - BHPian

^^What I wanted to know is, what all are the basic features that the s-line package includes. I have seen Q7s with s-line badge with none of the features you have mentioned.
Anand123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 13:19   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
^^What I wanted to know is, what all are the basic features that the s-line package includes. I have seen Q7s with s-line badge with none of the features you have mentioned.

Tough to crack that 1. IMO with s-line you can customize to a large extent. I mean you might end up with a long list of options for every possible feature in the car. I dont know what was unique about the s lines that u saw if they had no visual difference. Then again, i told you the visual enhancements based on what i 'saw' . Have never been through their fact file or brochure so unlikely we may ever find out.
You might also have realized, it is easy to procure 's-line' badges in the market if the owner really wants it. It adds snob value & adding only the badge is a lot cheaper then actually installing the entire s-line kits. lol

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 3rd August 2010 at 13:20.