Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 28th July 2010, 02:10   #1
BHPian

Default Ford Figo EXi (Petrol) Intial Ownership Report

Took Delivery of my (well actually my 'rents) Figo Exi (petrol) Sea Gray from Wasan Ford In Chembur on Sunday July 25. Salesperson had been polite through the booking process although not as responsive or "on top of things" as I would have liked. Some last minute snafus had me push the delivery date from Fri (July 23) to Sunday. Sunday being Guru Purnima, 15 deliveries were scheduled for that day and the dealership was buzzing with somewhat organized chaos.

Arrived at Dealership at 11am. Car was parked inside the showroom with number plate attached and "Quality Checked" sticker on the windshield and plastic covers on all seats. This was my first "new" car purchase as my prior 2 cars had been off the used market.

Car was spotless on the outside and the inside. 57kms on the odo (seemed a bit high).Tank had about 96kms worth of fuel (~9 litres). Tried out the audio system. Radio reception was a bit sketchy (improved once the car was outside the showroom) but oem sound was decent. checked all the lights and indicators. Remote key controls. - door unlocking, locking, trunk release (premium feature on this segment car), driver only unlocking (programmable). Everything checked out until we got to hood release handle.... uh oh did the "Quality Checked" sticker have any meaning anymore.

Try as we may we couldn't get the hood to open. After about 15-20 mins of futility it was decided to take the car to their service center in Deonar. &$!$#$% Service center visit at the time of delivery. I had lesser trouble with my prior used car purchases. I was like "If this is the situation pre-delivery GOD only help us ....". The salesman who was supposed to accompany us to the service center was taking his own sweet time ( I guess he had a few deliveries lined up). Finally after making us wait for about 30 minutes he was ready to take us to the service center. The ride to the service center was riddled with negativity about Ford and its quality checking process. "Saab kal to aaram se khul gaya tha, aaj pata nahin kyon nahin khul raha hai". Maybe the hood had a mind of its own or maybe it has Sunday off...

We get to the service center in pouring rain (that didnt help either). Service center guy comes out. Ok whats the problem. Hood doesnt open can you do something about it? Hmmmm.... service guys pulls at the hood release lever - and lo and behold (should've expected it) the hood opens with an - what else - opening sound Sheepishly we get back in the car and make our way back.

Ok now coming back to the car. Drive is great, love the short thrust gear shifter. Gear knob is in perfect position. To me after driving the Civic and CRV, feels a bit like a toy car. Back seat space (was one of the reasons for the buy) is more than adequate (try a vw polo for comparative purposes and you will know what I mean). The front passenger seat can be a bit uncomfortable for a tall person (6ft+) with the right knee rubbing against the center console. Car feels a bit underpowered on the highway but more than adequate for city driving.

Pics coming later

(price was 447K OTR Mumbai post Ford's price hike)
wysiwyg25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2010, 06:26   #2
BANNED

Default Congrats!

Congrats. Sea Gray looks cool on the Figo. Waiting for the pics.
How much was the waiting period in your case?
PaddleShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2010, 18:38   #3
BHPian

Waiting period was about 3 weeks.
wysiwyg25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2010, 18:49   #4
BHPian

hey wysiwyg25, waiting for your figo pics and your experience report
Butters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2010, 18:57   #5
BHPian

hello Friend, Hope you are having a big time with your new girlfriend Figo. Btw we all are glued on to this thread just to see the pictures of your beuty.

Are you planning to buy any seat covers from Ford? Could you please let us know an estimate on ford figo orginal seat covers if possible??

Wish you a safe figoing!

Cheers..
highwaypatrol is offline   Reply With Quote