Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 23rd December 2005, 02:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think the DSG technology will soon trickle down into Skoda and maybe the offerings in India will get DSG with paddle shifters. Anyone heard anything about this from the Skoda side?
The new Skoda Laura Tdi comes with DSG gearbox in India.
From what I know only the new Golf GTI has DSG with paddle shifters.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2005, 03:39   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
The new Skoda Laura Tdi comes with DSG gearbox in India.
From what I know only the new Golf GTI has DSG with paddle shifters.
I see. Thanks for that piece of info Amit. I thought DSG, by design, will have a paddle shifter. From your comment, it looks like DSG comes without the paddle shifter also.
tsxei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2005, 04:11   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I thought DSG, by design, will have a paddle shifter. From your comment, it looks like DSG comes without the paddle shifter also.
DSG doesn't come with paddle shifters by default. But yea, I drove a Jetta Tdi DSG after almost a month of driving in a normal automatic and the DSG just blew my mind with it's super fast shifts. You have to test drive a car with DSG to understand what I mean!
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2006, 01:41   #19
BHPian

wow Amit, nice writeup. So the next big thing after the DSG in india , we can expect the PAddle shift coming here.

TSXei...Skoda is launching the LAURA with the DSG Gearbox, but unfortunately no PaddleShift! maybe if they add that in, then it wud be more VFM!
Insane Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 12:15   #20
BHPian

That is one heck of a beautiful car. Nice review too.
RacingForIndia is offline   Reply With Quote