Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 12th August 2010, 19:26   #16
BHPian

@Takumi san, it is indeed surprising that a new vehicle should face this problem. ( even though a minor one ) . I suggest you escalate the matter with GM.The company should take a serious note and pin point the exact reason for sucn a lapse.
Coming to the car, how do you find the pick up esp. in the second gear?
Has the change in the ECU caliberation been incorporated in your car by the company before delivery?
auto-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 10:54   #17
BHPian

True, but the mechanic who came to fix the car did mention that he would report it. I havent followed up since nor has the car had any problems which makes me think it was a one off - probably a careless mistake. However a worst case scenario of a wheel-out could have occured and I hope GM has made note of this report. No one has however contacted me regarding this.

I have not had the ECU remapped. I find the mapping perfect for traffic clogged Mumbai streets. There is hardly much distance for pick up. That being said, the second gear did give me some problems early on. However I have adjusted to it very comfortably now (after 1000 odd kms on the odo) and hardly find it an issue anymore. I believe this was done for the fuel efficiency and hence I am a bit apprehensive to have it changed. I was getting a good average of 10 kmpl at around the 700 kms mark. I can only hope it improves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto-one View Post
@Takumi san, it is indeed surprising that a new vehicle should face this problem. ( even though a minor one ) . I suggest you escalate the matter with GM.The company should take a serious note and pin point the exact reason for sucn a lapse.
Coming to the car, how do you find the pick up esp. in the second gear?
Has the change in the ECU caliberation been incorporated in your car by the company before delivery?
I would also like to take back my words about the cars insulation being less than perfect. Its actually the absolute silence of the vehicle (even more so now that the suspension at the back has got its collar fitted in the reassurance check) that makes you hear every small noise on the road. Trust me, this car could be as quiet as an electric vehicle when its purring along in the right gear. More than once I have had to lightly toot at pedestrians who never realised that a car was right besides them. Thus, if I were to still crib about the cabin letting in any noise, then I am sure GM would be happy to point me to the Cruze. After all you get what you pay for, and I doubt they could do any more with the Beat.

The reassurance check was fine. They fixed the collar as promised, however they did not fix the rear number plate which was also making clanking noises (its made of metal). I wasnt going to go back to the service centre just for that reason so I did some jugaad by sticking in thermocol pieces at the back of the number plate with super glue. So far its worked wonderfully. However a low score of 5/10 to GM for ignoring my written complaint about the same. I did point it out while taking delivery , but the guy said its been done - I cant see it - but there definitely would not be any noise when driving. When I did pull off the plates at home (for the thermocol fixing) there was absolutely nothing done by them on it. Also unlike Maruti which despite being the market leader, there has not been a single call from GM after the service / reassurance check for my comments. I know Maruti definitely takes feed back in the next 2 days and strictly follows up if complaints remain.

Hope someone in GM is reading this.

<edit> The service center that I went to is the closest to my place - Ashtavinayak in Jogeshwari. </edit>

Last edited by Takumi-san : 17th August 2010 at 10:58. Reason: details of service center
Takumi-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 12:22   #18
BHPian

Talk about the devil!

About an hour after I post this they call me. I told them about the number plate noise and also that I had it fixed. They promise to do better in the future.

I think a customer rating out of 10 would help them to improve more then just a general feedback call.
Takumi-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 11:30   #19
BHPian

Congrats..
Wish you a safe and exciting ride with the Skids.
Nice write-up. But where are the photos?

It is surprising that the wheel nuts were not tightened properly. Generally such manual mistakes happen in the assembly line during the shift change-over and mid night/early morning shift production. But how come the wheel nut torque checking was missed at both the factory PDI as well as the dealer PDI?

Regarding the number plate rattle, It is better to fix the sheet metal plate with 3M double sided adhesive tape to get rid of the problem. In fact I did not even put the screws in my case. Check out my thread for more details.
salbin is offline   Reply With Quote