Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 9th August 2010, 13:27   #286
BHPian

Exactly my thoughts. If I am shelling out 3.6L for alto ... why not I upgrade to the bigger Estilo/wagon-R/i10/A-star for a few thousands more.

Agreed it's a pocket rocket and all, but it's expensive for a typical alto-buyer. I doubt that this would generate much volume for maruti .... they shd have priced it below-3L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post

If, on the other hand, I had been a first time car buyer, the situation would have been different and I would seriously considered the K10. But then, at Rs 3.6L I may have even considered the bigger Wagon R LXI.

Last edited by neotraveller : 9th August 2010 at 13:28.
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 13:41   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While the Alto K10 offers a great deal for the new car buyer, somehow, it fails to strike the same chord with the existing Alto 800 owner. I think Gansan has posted similar views in an earlier post.

I also get the feeling that the Alto 800 will sell better than the K10 because of the Rs 50-60K difference. Not may Alto buyers would lose sleep over the smaller engine and fewer fitments. But I would love to see the sales of the Altos combined in the next sales chart on this forum.
No, the K10 plucks at my heart strings alright, but my mind counts the beans,weighs the cons and tells the heart to be quiet!

Agree with your last para. Would like to see the sales of Alto 800 Vs Alto K10 from next month onwards.
Gansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 13:48   #288
BHPian

That's gonna be one good hot hatch to have without worrying too much about fuel costs. Any chance of a comparison with the A-star?
SPARKled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 13:49   #289
BHPian

[quote=rpmx1000;2010753]
I have crossed 140 on my wife's estilo on good roads before my wifey started screaming to spare her car. 67 bhp on a 760kg car should be good for Swift pertrol-like performance- going close to 170. But the tyres and brakes should make it a hair-raising experience of a lifetime. quote]

The "NDTV car and bike show" shows K10's speedo crossing 140+ , quite impressive. I think its capable of doing more with proper accessories.

Last edited by somu_john : 9th August 2010 at 14:03.
somu_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 13:51   #290

It was a nicely written and well presented review. I have a small query though. In your snaps i could see, stereo fitted in the car..... is it complementary with the car or the owner has to buy it. I checked with the 1800.... maruti helpline , they said its not included but the other day news channels were announcing it is factory fitted.
abi75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 14:37   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Exactly my thoughts. If I am shelling out 3.6L for alto ... why not I upgrade to the bigger Estilo/wagon-R/i10/A-star for a few thousands more.

Agreed it's a pocket rocket and all, but it's expensive for a typical alto-buyer. I doubt that this would generate much volume for maruti .... they shd have priced it below-3L.
Is it not the same thing as ssaying why spend extra 50-60k (or even more) on an Alto when M800 is available? But still Alto was a runaway success.

These days in the 3-6L space you can add few 10ks to the price of any car and buy something bigger/newer/plusher etc. This argument has lost its sheen!
joslicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 15:31   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I also get the feeling that the Alto 800 will sell better than the K10 because of the Rs 50-60K difference. Not may Alto buyers would lose sleep over the smaller engine and fewer fitments. But I would love to see the sales of the Altos combined in the next sales chart on this forum.
I also have such feeling. Yesterday, I tried to convince my friend, a middle aged, middle class Govt. employee, who even after hearing all the benefits of K10 decided to go with Alto 800's highest version and made the booking.

Last edited by coolclouds : 9th August 2010 at 15:33.
coolclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 16:34   #293
BHPian

Default brochure

Could somebody post URL to Maruti Suzuki's K-10 webite where we can download official pdf brochure ?
ownerofazkaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 18:05   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
Could somebody post URL to Maruti Suzuki's K-10 webite where we can download official pdf brochure ?

Maruti Suzuki India Ltd: Presenting the all new Alto K10 small car features, specifications, features, variants, colors
Sergei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 23:41   #295
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

The website of Maruti says that Alto K10 Sports wider tyres to increase fuel efficiency .
Now where did they do their research from ?
Attached Images

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 9th August 2010 at 23:45.
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 23:44   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
The website of Maruti says that Alto K10 Sports wider tyres to increase fuel efficiency .
Now where did they do their research from ?
Then Maruti should seriously think about their entire line-up except SX4 Zxi.
breezydrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2010, 01:49   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
No, the K10 plucks at my heart strings alright, but my mind counts the beans,weighs the cons and tells the heart to be quiet!

Agree with your last para. Would like to see the sales of Alto 800 Vs Alto K10 from next month onwards.
What I meant was, many of us Alto 800 owners are dying to lay our hands on a K10 (hearts says it), but are reluctant to sell off our well-performing bestseller Alto 800 and take a huge depreciation hit to buy a K10. As a result, the temptation/urge to trade in our Alto 800 might well be shelved for about a year (or maybe more) or so.
misquitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2010, 02:49   #298
BHPian

Any Idea How much both Alto K10 LXI and VXI would cost On road in Coimbatore?

Whats the difference between LXI and VXI?

I Never used to like Alto but now it looks like the best Entry level car.

I used to like Maruti 800 more than the Alto , But this one makes the difference definitely
buvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2010, 06:06   #299
BHPian

Apart from the T-BHP members / Guest visitors / Car Enthusiasts who has read this amazing review here and some other forums, common man cannot understand the difference he will be getting by spending 60K more to buy K10 as compared to ALTO LXI. He will always look for the price and to top it sales people here in India have this normal tendency of blurting out all the features and advantages in one breath and won't give time for the potential customer to understand what they are getting. They just want to close the sale unlike used car salesmen in the U.S can sell crap to most of the people out there!
My wife is not a car enthusiast, and I booked my ALTO LXI maybe a week before K10 was launched and I was glued to this review, she did notice I was reading something serious and wanted to know, what was I doing. I showed her the pictures and review, she immediately asked me to go for K10, but unfortunately my car loan had been approved for Alto LXI and I didn't want to go the whole nine yards with all those stupid procedures to change the documentation and stuff like that. More over I had saved some money to ICE my Alto LXI!

Cheers!
-Z
Zombie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2010, 07:47   #300
BHPian

Thanks for the nice review TheMag.
I bought my Alto only a year ago, and look what they have done to me! Why couldn't they do this before I got mine?
The Alto was not amongst choices, rather I arrived at it after eliminating other choices. I bought my Alto while complaining about the lower power. I love my car in all other respects. The new Alto buyers are lucky and I wish them happy and safe driving.
My condolences to those who bought their Alto Limited Editions just a few months ago

All said and done, I continue to love my current Alto. Maybe I will not trade it off.
gostel is offline   Reply With Quote