Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 16th August 2010, 11:19   #376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Got my Alto K10 last Sunday.

Aroy why don't you open a full fledged initial ownership thread complete with pictures et al?
blackasta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 11:42   #377
Senior - BHPian

I got a chance to visit a show room on Saturday. I saw a metallic red color car there. First impressions are cool. Car looks decent. Looks better than previous Alto IMO.

I sat in the car & felt good. The two tone dashboard has nice feeling. Quality is good considering the price & class of the car. I was really impressed with the space. It has good space in the rear. Also boot looks like increased a bit. Can anybody confirm this ?
Its good enough for family of 2+2 for 4 days luggage.

I couldn't get the test drive as they didn't having the TD vehicle. I was surprised. In Pune Lxi is 3.5 & vxi is 3.66 OTR. I guess its 20k more than expected but considering k10 engine i guess its ok. Overall i liked the car. Surely it will eat market share of Spark, Beat, Santro & Estilo as well. Already waiting of 15-20 days in Pune !!!!
aniketi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 13:54   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Aroy why don't you open a full fledged initial ownership thread complete with pictures et al?
Yes, I have been contemplating it. Since I bought it, there has been practically no opportunity to take photos, due to incessant rain, clouds and bad light in general.

Regarding space for 2+2 + luggage, all I can say is that
- the space is similar to M800 and Alto800, the luggage area seems to be a bit more though. I have traveled in the M800, with my wife and two kids when they were small (8 & 15) with a suitcase and a few small bags. For those days it was good. After getting an Esteem & Baleno we got used to more space. Today with grown up boys (25 & 32) only short commuting is comfortable. All in all this car is more of a two person vehicle if extra legroom and luggage space is desired.

- With its pep, excellent AC and extra legroom if you push the seats all the way back, this car makes an excellent commuter for two, especially in the stop-and-go traffic and hot dry Delhi Summers.
Aroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 14:10   #379
BHPian

Aroy - how is the NVH levels, this being a 3-potter? Vibrations on gear stick, pedals, etc, noise with windows closed/open?
WindRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 21:56   #380
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Hello GreenDaddy oops sorry GreenDay

I will surely help you arrive at a decision but only if you adopt me first. My birthday is fast approaching

Looking at your interests and at the list above the new Reva sounds like a good choice. I am presuming that by performance you do mean good mileage and not VROOOM!
Son,

Thank you for the input, As I said, the car is for my son who is in his early 20's. Ofcourse REVA would not suit him.

So performance means VROOOM!!!
GreenDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 22:02   #381
BANNED

YC.BALENO.CHD and Aroy: Thank you for the valuable inputs, this has cleared all the confusions I had.

I had a Test Drive of A-Star VXi, was not convinced with the style though.

Finally, with all your help, I have made up my mind and have booked a Alto K-10.

Hope I'll get the keys on the birthday of my son. Thanks again folks

Go Green
GreenDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 22:14   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDay View Post
YC.BALENO.CHD and Aroy: Thank you for the valuable inputs, this has cleared all the confusions I had.

I had a Test Drive of A-Star VXi, was not convinced with the style though.

Finally, with all your help, I have made up my mind and have booked a Alto K-10.

Go Green

Congrats sir.

Hope the car serves your family well. Looking forward to an ownership thread from you/your son in near future.

Regards.
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 22:28   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Aroy - how is the NVH levels, this being a 3-potter? Vibrations on gear stick, pedals, etc, noise with windows closed/open?
With Michelin tyres NHV is very good. As I have been driving with windows closed as the AC was always on. I cannot comment on noise with windows open. The AC though makes a lot of noise at 4 but is quiet at 2.

The engine is well damped and the vibrations are low. At 100kmph on the Gurgaon Expressway the car is well insulated from outside noise.

I have not felt the gear stick vibrating.

The acceleration is smooth but nonlinear. The jumps are at 2500 rpm and at 3500 rpm. With two persons acceleration in 5th is OK from 60 onwards. For hard acceleration I do 70 in third and shift straight to fifth, same as in our Esteem and Baleno.
Aroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 22:56   #384
BHPian

Quote:
... I have made up my mind and have booked a Alto K-10....
GreenDay Sir, Congrats!! Iam in the same boat - trying to decide between i10 and k10.
1. Thoughts leading to your final decision, if you can share, will be most helpful to me as well.
2. Can you share the OTR split? Any freebies? Which dealer?

For me, k10 appeals to mind (better FE & we are a small family, so space not a MUST) and i10 appeals to heart (better fit and finish, slanted-H brand value, and a lil bit more spacious, in case we need it).

Quote:
With Michelin tyres NHV is very good. As I have been driving with windows closed as the AC was always on. I cannot comment on noise with windows open. The AC though makes a lot of noise at 4 but is quiet at 2.

The engine is well damped and the vibrations are low. At 100kmph on the Gurgaon Expressway the car is well insulated from outside noise.

I have not felt the gear stick vibrating.

The acceleration is smooth but nonlinear. The jumps are at 2500 rpm and at 3500 rpm. With two persons acceleration in 5th is OK from 60 onwards. For hard acceleration I do 70 in third and shift straight to fifth, same as in our Esteem and Baleno.
Thanks Aroy for the bullet-straight replies! Pls pls pls start an ownership thread and earn yourself the distinction of being the first k10 owner to do so!!

Last edited by WindRide : 16th August 2010 at 22:58.
WindRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 07:08   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
, slanted-H brand value, and a lil bit more spacious,

Sir, IMHO..Maruti Suzuki enjoys as much brand value (or as little brand image) as Hyundai does.

Regards.
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 09:45   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Slight OT - the previous Alto 800 is also a 3-potter one, don't know why people think it has 4!!!
asdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 18:21   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Got my Alto K10 last Sunday. To answer your concerns
a) Parking - One of the smallest turning circles, just like the Maruti 800
b) Hassle Free Driving - Drove the Alto in Delhi Rush hour traffic : GK to Noida both in morning and evening. 45 min average to cover 15km!.No hassle.
c) Performance - will blow the competition away. This is light car 760kg compared to 800 to 900 of the competition. Couple it with 67 HP engine and 5 speed gear box it just zips through.

Other plus points
a) AC - one of best ones I have seen in this segment. It beats my Esteem MPFI easily and comes near the Baleno. Has to be tested in the 45 degree Delhi heat, but in the stop and go traffic it was terrific.
b) Seating - The front seats can be pushed almost to the rear seats. This gives the Alto K10 well above front legroom in a two-seater configuration.
c) The best mileage in its class. In the terrible traffic with AC on my first tank full gave 15.

Congratulations on the new car, i picked up mine last weekend as well, which variant have you picked up and what color. it would be nice if you would post some pictures..

it's really peppy to drive around compared to the old 0.8 f8 motor innit?
lilMonSter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 19:22   #388
lsp
BHPian

GreenDay sir,
Congrats!!
I hope its not a complete surprise for your son and he too is keen on getting the Alto K10.

I somehow feel uncomfortable about gifting someone an item which has so much to do with a user's like/dislike and choice without his/her knowledge (Not that Ive gifted a car to anyone yet). A car involves a big sum of money and your parameters to decide the car may not be totally in sync with your son's.

I hope your Family enjoys the car for many years and many thousand miles.

Why not get your son also on T-BHP!! Would like to have an ownership thread from him.
Quote:
I have made up my mind and have booked a Alto K-10.
Go Green
lsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 20:27   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am in the same boat - trying to decide between i10 and k10.
For me, k10 appeals to mind (better FE & we are a small family, so space not a MUST) and i10 appeals to heart (better fit and finish, slanted-H brand value, and a lil bit more spacious, in case we need it).
IMO K10 is no compare to i10. Price wise base i10 starts at 3.50Lakh, the one with black bumpers, where as top end Alto K10 VXi at 3.23Lakh.

Yes, compared to Maruti's, Hyundai's have better fit, finish and interior quality and slightly better brand value.

If space, interiors, image is not a problem, its K10 eyes closed.

Last edited by HammerHead : 17th August 2010 at 20:28.
HammerHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 20:45   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi,
Does the K10 version have a temperature gauge?

For people who have used/ driven all four, how will you rate the AC of K10, A*, i10 kappa, and spark?

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   Reply With Quote