Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 6th August 2010, 18:09   #16
BHPian

I am only getting around a mileage of 13km/l. Will it increase after the 1st service. What mileage can be expected in the City driving conditions. The showroom guys are saying there are people getting aound 16km/l in city driving condition. I am not able to believe this. However i am driving finally its around 13km/l only. That too in the mileage meter. If the offset is considered it will be around 11.5km/l only
xenxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 18:31   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenxer View Post
I am only getting around a mileage of 13km/l. Will it increase after the 1st service. What mileage can be expected in the City driving conditions. The showroom guys are saying there are people getting aound 16km/l in city driving condition. I am not able to believe this. However i am driving finally its around 13km/l only. That too in the mileage meter. If the offset is considered it will be around 11.5km/l only
I guess first real service where the oil change happens is done only @5000 Kms. With these pre-run engines I doubt it will change FE much.

It depends more on your driving style on which your FE will depend. Look around for a ANHC thread where ANHC driving style was discussed which also elaborated on how to achieve max FE as guideline.

My FE figures are here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2000402 (What is your Actual Fuel Efficiency?)
RemingtonSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 18:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

The last 4 pictures of your first set of photos are really good. Congrats on the Zen . Lol. Ok, Congrats on the new purchase. But, don't sell the zen . Drive safe buddy.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 18:52   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Xenxer, Congratulations and welcome to ANHC club. White looks stunning.

Drive safe and have fun.

Regarding FE, it all depends on driving style. 16 in City might be tough to achieve, don't worry dealer guys allways exaggerate. I was told 17kmpl. But, frankly 13-14 is very much possible in City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
I guess first real service where the oil change happens is done only @5000 Kms. With these pre-run engines I doubt it will change FE much.

It depends more on your driving style on which your FE will depend. Look around for a ANHC thread where ANHC driving style was discussed which also elaborated on how to achieve max FE as guideline.

My FE figures are here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2000402 (What is your Actual Fuel Efficiency?)
Remington, Congratulations for your car. FE details are outstanding in your case, what were the on board indicator readings when you calculated it?
raghu230506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 19:06   #20
BHPian

Quote:

Woo your FE seems to be very good. Is the 15KML in city you are getting in congested stop and go traffic or slow moving traffic
Old 8th August 2010, 19:56   #21
BHPian

to be exact. my ANHC is running about 400 kms in about 33 - 36 liters of fuel. that's about 11 - 13 kmpl in city (long and short distances, stop-go traffic and free roads) with AC on all the time. On highways I have managed about 17 kmpl at best with a constant speed of 80 kmph or less.
Yashodeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2010, 21:52   #22
BHPian

Congrat xenxer ! White ANHC looks very good.

Regarding FE, I am getting around 12 kmpl in city condition.
On boartd dispaly shows around 13.2.
FE completely depends on driving style.
For details search StarVB's thread.

Enjouy your car and drive safe.
Ram_NP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2010, 23:20   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Remington, Congratulations for your car. FE details are outstanding in your case, what were the on board indicator readings when you calculated it?
Thank you Raghu. Don't remember the exact readings now but my vehicle is running 28XX kms reading right now. Always calculated the average with Tankfull-Tankfull method. I also noted one point the average calculator of ANHC is showing calibration error of 0.01 (i.e. 100 meters) which can be ignored.

Quote:
Woo your FE seems to be very good. Is the 15KML in city you are getting in congested stop and go traffic or slow moving traffic
The 15 km/l is not entirely city driving. Its 75-80% city and 20-25% bypass/ring road. The city traffic is with all variations the usual one with all congestions/stop-go-stop/slow moving etc.

According to my observations you can boost your ANHC FE if you pay close attentions to details below:

1) Refill at a reliable bunk. My tank fulls are usually up to the max, upto hoses near the tank cap.

2) Drive within the RPM limit of 2000-2250 max.

3) Drive in the top gear as much as possible. (Be sure that you are not ruining the gear change ratio as against the current vehicle speed)

4) Try to maintain speed of 80 kmph such that you only press the gas to take care of rolling friction to maintain the speed (Its difficult to do it one needs to concentrate). The vehicle inertia/momentum plays a lot of role here. When I mean 80 kmph, I really mean 80 not less not more.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 8th August 2010 at 23:27.
Old 9th August 2010, 14:41   #24
BHPian

Quote:
4) Try to maintain speed of 80 kmph such that you only press the gas to take care of rolling friction to maintain the speed (Its difficult to do it one needs to concentrate).
Exactly this is what i get a new feeling in the city that any other cars (or is it just my imagination). This vehicle keeps rolling more than any. Means a small push on to the gas it moves for a bit long time that most other cars i have driven. Here as you said before the concentration part it can happen with the city alone. In any other cars if the gas peddle is released we fell a backward pull which is not felt in the City.

Hey guys is it just my imagination or is there some thing different.?
Old 9th August 2010, 14:46   #25
BHPian

Default First Service done in 1300kms

No complains. just a regular service.

Booked the service a day before with peninsular. Got the vehicle to the service station at 10:00am. Got a call by 2:30 saying the vehicle is ready and it can be taken

Bill - Rs. 0/-

No change felt after the service. Everything the same. no difference.
Didn't had any issues to find any difference
Old 9th August 2010, 15:08   #26
BHPian

Quote:
I also noted one point the average calculator of ANHC is showing calibration error of 0.01 (i.e. 100 meters) which can be ignored.
Sorry, I meant the calibration error is 0.1 (i.e. 100 meters) as against the mathematical FE calculation.
Old 9th August 2010, 15:34   #27
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the purchase, surely you will relish the ride and the comfort the car gives.
As for the dealer using a thinner- he must be out of his mind to do that. However they surely do NOT use honda approved stuff only.My car was being wiped with that crappy 10 R cloth, which i hardly think is Honda approved!!!
For surface treatment, get proper 3M done, and inspect as they may just put polish which will cover those marks and not clear them.
I am getting a FE of about 13 with 100% in city run.
mkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 15:44   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the City. The white looks great. Do get a good set of alloys and enhance the looks.

Enjoy many more miles with the City
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 16:04   #29
BHPian

Quote:

Hi xenxer, congrats on the new car! I am also a proud owner of a Tafeta White ANHC V MT. Booked the car in January and was delivered on February 23rd 2010 from Peninsular Honda Trivandrum.

I went through your pictures and it seems we have been served by the same salesman! (Ajith?)
I also got a call from the showroom requesting full payment when the car was dispatched from the plant. Apparently its Honda's policy that the customer makes full payment while the car is in transit, or the car will be alloted to other waiting customers who have made full payment, if any.

And regarding FE, I am also getting similar FE figures like yourself. I haven't really done any calculations with full tank and all, but my average FE indicator always displays 12.9-13.1 kmpl.
What is the figure displayed on your average FE indicator?

Also I noticed that almost all ANHC S MTs come with Michelin tyres and all the V MTs come with MRF ZVTS Tyres.
TheStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 16:12   #30
BHPian

yes it does roll better than most other new cars, noticed that it lasts upto 5000kms. Thereafter it doesnt remain as 'roll happy' if you may call it. Only after tyre rotations every 5K kms does it remain smooth, but not the same as new.
bhaani is offline   Reply With Quote