Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 14th December 2010, 14:07   #256

Default Re: like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz

Thanks outLANDish, That settles the GC issue.

I meant backrest, I too thought it wasnt adjustable but autocarindia says "The high ‘H-point’ adjustable back rest, terrific head- and legroom plus generous width make the Jazz’s bench the comfiest we have seen in any hatchback by far.", little confusing.

As for the tyres, I am planing to ask for michelins explicitly and hope it wont be an issue.
Old 14th December 2010, 14:46   #257
Senior - BHPian

HI Jash,
welcome to the Jazz club! This is a decision you won't regret a bit.
The GC is not great but as already told, it can be easily negotiated if you are a bit careful. So far, I have scraped the bottom only once and that was bcoz of my fault as I was in a hurry. believe me, I have seen lot of cars which scrapes the bottom much more than Jazz. May be the stiffer suspension is the reason for that as it restricts the vertical movement.

The rear seat is extremely generous is space - the best you get in any hatchback. I would recommend good quality seat covers to make the cushioning a bit more soft.

I guess autocar meant the adjustable headrests only. In international markets, Jazz does come with adjustable reclining rear seats but Honda has skimped it for India

The tire is fine for Jazz. Also, it is one of the very few hatchbacks that come with 15" wheels. Insist on the Michelins and you will be fine. I won't recommend any upgrade as lower profile tires can make the ride harsher (which is already a little on the stiffer side).

best of luck and do keep us posted
Old 15th December 2010, 09:00   #258
BHPian

Hi Adi. I picked up a used Honda Jazz last week and I wanted to get your feedback on Sundaram and Pride which dealer do you prefer?
Old 15th December 2010, 09:43   #259
BHPian

I bought a used Jazz in Goa last week and before driving it back to Hyderabad, I decided to get it serviced at Goa. The car had done 16,247km and was due for service. Here is a breakup of the costs.

Paid Service Labor Cost Rs.1,240.
Wheel Aligment Rs. 312
Wheel balancing Rs. 208
Battery Check Rs. 25
HDS Check Rs. 250
Runchannel cleaning Rs. 150
Engine Oil Rs. 2126
Radiator Liquid 1litre : Rs. 154
Element Assy, AIR/C 457.54

as you can see it was by no means cheap and the best part is I have been told that the next service is due 3 months from now!
Old 15th December 2010, 12:01   #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
I bought a used Jazz in Goa last week

as you can see it was by no means cheap and the best part is I have been told that the next service is due 3 months from now!
Hi Crisscross, I guess you are the 1st used Jazz owner on the forum. Welcome to the club. Just for curiosity, can you tell us why the previous owner chose to sell the car?

Regarding service, yes it's definitely costly but here are a few things I have learnt.

Dealership always insists on a 3 month service interval but I personally feel if you are doing around 1k kms a month it's an overkill. A 6 month gap works just fine.

Also from the cost of Engine oil it seems they used Synthetic. Again this can go unchanged for long intervals. Wheel balancing & alignment are done every 10k kms only so that will not be required next time.

In short what I do is I sit with the manual & check what all servicing/changes need to be done at current km & insist on only those & no more. The dealership will try to get the most done, even if it's not yet time.
If they have it their way they'll even change synthetic oil every 3 months
Hope this helps.
Old 15th December 2010, 12:01   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
I bought a used Jazz in Goa last week and before driving it back to Hyderabad, I decided to get it serviced at Goa. The car had done 16,247km and was due for service. Here is a breakup of the costs.

Paid Service Labor Cost Rs.1,240.
Wheel Aligment Rs. 312
Wheel balancing Rs. 208
Battery Check Rs. 25
HDS Check Rs. 250
Runchannel cleaning Rs. 150
Engine Oil Rs. 2126
Radiator Liquid 1litre : Rs. 154
Element Assy, AIR/C 457.54

Hey Crisscross,

welcome to the jazz club.
Your service costs seem to be on the higher side.
I paid around 900 Rs for the normal service, basically just oil change (since it was a free service).
Regarding the service interval, do not go buy what a dealer says. Go by the Manual.
The service intervals are -
1st service at 1 months/1000 km (just checkup)
2nd service at 3 months/5000 km
3rd service at 6 months/1000 km
4th service at 12 months/20000 km.
5th service at 24 months/40000 km
6th service at 36 months/60000 km and so on..

As you can see, the service intervals are 20000 km/1 year after the 1st year. But, dealers do insist on frequent services. I personally do not advocate 1 year interval.So, I will stick to 6 months interval after the 1st year (when free services are over).

Regarding the dealers, both are equally bad.
I am sticking to Pride as it is nearer to my house.

best of luck with your car and keep us posted!
Old 15th December 2010, 12:42   #262
BHPian

Arnab, not 100% sure, but he said he wanted to buy a Chevorlet Cruze. He is car crazy & took very good care of the car, so we are very happy with the purchase.

Adi, thanks for the feedback.
Old 17th December 2010, 15:47   #263
BHPian

@Adi: I sent you a PM, looking at buying Jazz in HYD. Need to talk to you mate.
Old 18th December 2010, 14:23   #264
Senior - BHPian

GC does seem to be an issue. I went for a short drive with an acquaintance in his Jazz and he was driving very carefully even on city roads. I think it will be OK for people who will stick to city roads or butter smooth highways. The front seats were very comfy, though I cannot say the same about the back seats. It has a very airy cabin too
Old 18th December 2010, 15:26   #265
BHPian

@crisscross
congrats on getting the first pre owned jazz of the forum if i am not wrong, makes a terrific used buy.

@selfdrive
GC of the jazz is not much of an issue, though its no SUV but still it copes up fine.
yes you do have to be a little cautious but still it does much better than the city or the civic due to the stiff suspension.
Old 19th December 2010, 20:45   #266
Senior - BHPian

Adi, are your seats Autoform make? Looks very nice and snug. Was the seats removed to have it installed? Any reason for not opting a steering cover?
Old 19th December 2010, 23:52   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Adi, are your seats Autoform make? Looks very nice and snug. Was the seats removed to have it installed? Any reason for not opting a steering cover?
Sir, I got the seat covers from Indian DeCars hyderabad. They said it is manufactured by some company in Bangalore, do not know the name but can find out if you want. These cost 1000-1500 bucks more than the local ones but definitely looks and feels much better.

The seats were removed for installation.

regarding steering cover - I have already posted a question in some other thread. I would love to have a good steering cover but some of the after market ones I have seen do not look or fit as well as the factory fitted ones. So, if anyone can suggest be some good brand and a place to get it done, I will be really grateful!
Old 20th December 2010, 10:45   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
They said it is manufactured by some company in Bangalore, do not know the name but can find out if you want.

regarding steering cover - I have already posted a question in some other thread. I would love to have a good steering cover but some of the after market ones I have seen do not look or fit as well as the factory fitted ones.
I assume they are Gsport since they are in Bangalore. I tried calling the Decars contact, but unable to reach him.

I think a factory fitted feeling to the steering covers can be acheived only if the steering is removed for installation. I will leave that job only to an expert like the Gsport factory (I heard they supply to Toyota) or via the dealership.
Old 6th May 2011, 19:21   #269
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guyz,

Have not updated the thread for a long long time.
Was busy with moving to my new house and then setting up everything.

In spite of the long gap, I have nothing much to update
My odo has crossed 8000 kms.
I did not have a single long trip till date.
All driving is done in the city from home to office and back, weekend shopping and some spirited early morning drives in the Outer Ring Road.
My daily drive is near the outskirts of the city with moderate traffic.
I am driving somewhat sensibly now-a-days , I still drive faster than average but I don't try to be the fastest car on the road any more
With that, my FE has steadied at 14-14.5 kmpl with 100% AC.
With Sedate driving, I could manage 16-16.5 kmpl.

All calculaitons based on tankful method. The onboard FE is always more optimistic by about 1 kmpl.

The AC is really performing well in the unforgiving Hyderabad heat.

I don't have any issues or niggles to report. Only the seat base plastic on the passenger side is little loose. Same thing happened to the driver seat earlier. I guess it can be fixed with a firm push but haven't tried to do so as it is not affecting anyone in any way - I noticed only when cleaning the car.

I am planning to do a few upgrades -
  • USB and Bluetooth- I am getting from XCARLINK through a fellow BHPian in Delhi.
  • Speakers - Components in the front. Do I need to have Amps to drive those?
  • Boot light

Will keep you all posted.
That's all for now. I am hoping to have a long drive pretty soon.
Old 8th May 2011, 05:03   #270
BHPian

hey, its good to have an update from you and i am not surprised to hear that the jazz is running without any hiccups whatsoever.
those are pretty decent FE figures considering that you enjoy flooring the go pedal.
keenly waiting for the upgrades you got planned.
and congrats for the new home.
Closed Thread