Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 31st May 2011, 12:48   #286
Senior - BHPian

Default 9100 km, 1st paid service update

Hi Guys,
I finally got the first paid service done at 9100 km on the odo.
As per the suggestion given by @Ram_NP, I had a discussion with the Service Manager about the frequent oil changing. He said that though the manual says 1 year/20000 km interval, Honda recommends 3 months/5000 km for India.
I argued saying that my car will typically not cover that much distance in 3 months. Finally, he agreed for changing the oil in alternate services only.

My car had run more than 4500 kms since the last service, so decided to go for oil change with the understanding that I will not do the same in the next service.

Here is the detailed service experience -
Car was picked up on time from my office.
I gave a list of issues (minor ones), and requests -
  • Co-passenger seat plastic loose
  • Rear parcel tray clip loose (parcel tray was fixed at the dealer, not factory fit)
  • Paint below the headlight had slight peeling off at 1 or 2 places.

I also requested them to fix some of the scratches/marks on my white beauty.
  • One on the right OVRM (caused by an Auto)
  • One on the rear bumper (Bajaj Chetak)
  • One on the front bumper (don't know the culprit here).

I was informed about the total service cost, and the final cost was in sync with that. The car was delivered at my door step, half an hour later than the promised time.
Here is the cost breakup -
Parts cost -
Engine Oil - 897
Distill water - 17
washer fluid - 45
washer plug drain - 19
consumables - 150
labour - 650.

The total bill including taxes came to 1860/-. Not bad I guess.
The car was cleaned properly, all the issues have been fixed and all the 3 scratch marks are gone It looks as good as new, even all the plastics are in very good shape with no dullness/whitening effect.
Overall, very happy with the service.
Compaints? Yes, they delivered the car with 8 Km remaining on the DTE
I drove really carefully to the fuel station and was nervous about running out of fuel. Thankfully, that did not happen!
On the way back, I was driving in a relaxed manner and the roads were all empty...after the 10 km drive, the FE calculator showed 21 kmpl - that's the highest i have every got! Nothing to get excited about though, after the drive to the office today morning, the average FE is showing 18 kmpl...I know it won't stay there for long either!

Last edited by adimicra : 31st May 2011 at 12:50.
Old 31st May 2011, 13:25   #287
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz

^^ With all the fuel hikes around the corner, it looks like you should paste a sticker of 8 on your DTE meter

Jokes apart, this sounds about correct. In fact even mine was delivered with DTE as 11. Do you find any change in the gear ratios after the servicing?
Old 31st May 2011, 14:28   #288
BHPian

@Adimicra, thanks for the detailed update. My Jazz is due for servicing first time in hyd ... so have a few questions
  1. Who is the service Manager you speak to?
  2. How much petrol was in the car when you gave it for Servicing?
Old 31st May 2011, 16:51   #289
BHPian

Default Re: 9100 km, 1st paid service update

adimicra, Good to know that you are happy with service.

The three months service schedule is really from delaers indicating India conditions etc.

But Dealer here in Kolkata agreed to six months or 5K Km service schedule for my car. But he was not willing to write a mail about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
On the way back, I was driving in a relaxed manner and the roads were all empty...after the 10 km drive, the FE calculator showed 21 kmpl - that's the highest i have every got! Nothing to get excited about though, after the drive to the office today morning, the average FE is showing 18 kmpl...I know it won't stay there for long either!
Keeping Instant fuel display (bar graph) half filled has become a game for me, while driving in late night and free roads. Ofcourse, during normal office trafic, it's difficult to keep the bar at graph half filled.

In my ANHC , I could get maximum 19.1kmpl in a distance of six km after filling the tank.
Old 31st May 2011, 23:50   #290
BHPian

Default Re: 9100 km, 1st paid service update

Quote:
Hi Guys,
I also requested them to fix some of the scratches/marks on my white beauty.
  • One on the right OVRM (caused by an Auto)
  • One on the rear bumper (Bajaj Chetak)
  • One on the front bumper (don't know the culprit here).
That is very good of the dealer, otherwise dealer charges in 1000s/- for fixing any scratches, however small it may be.

Quote:
The total bill including taxes came to 1860/-. Not bad I guess.
The car was cleaned properly, all the issues have been fixed and all the 3 scratch marks are gone It looks as good as new
A very decent service charge.

Quote:
Compaints? Yes, they delivered the car with 8 Km remaining on the DTE
I drove really carefully to the fuel station and was nervous about running out of fuel. Thankfully, that did not happen!
While giving you car for servicing, you must have noted down the kms/fuel in the job card. How much was the difference when the car delivered to you? One can always ask the dealer if the fuel is reduced to a great extent. 08 Km DTE can be a cause for an unexpected situation.

BTW, its good to learn that Jazz is running fine and the FE you are quoting is in the diesel category. Happy motoring

Last edited by AvonA7 : 31st May 2011 at 23:55. Reason: edit
Old 1st June 2011, 10:47   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
That is very good of the dealer, otherwise dealer charges in 1000s/- for fixing any scratches, however small it may be.

A very decent service charge.

While giving you car for servicing, you must have noted down the kms/fuel in the job card. How much was the difference when the car delivered to you? One can always ask the dealer if the fuel is reduced to a great extent. 08 Km DTE can be a cause for an unexpected situation.

BTW, its good to learn that Jazz is running fine and the FE you are quoting is in the diesel category. Happy motoring
Thanks Avon!
Yes, it was nice of the dealer to do the scratches free of cost. Hyundai never did that for my Santro.

When I have given the car for service, the DTE was around 90 kms. The service centre is a good 10-12 kms away and also I have noticed the DTE falls very rapidly when the fuel is low. So, it is highly possible that the fuel level was already low. But, it would have been nice for them to fill a litre pf petrol and take the amount from me (after informing and taking my conscent).

Regarding the mileage, don't get too excited!
I stay in the outskirts and during night time, the roads are empty. So, sometimes when I am in a relaxed mood, I drive sedately to extract the best mileage. In such situation, it is not difficult to extract 18-20 kmpl.
But, under normal driving conditions with moderate traffic, expect anything between 13-15 kmpl. With heavy traffic, it drops to 11-12 kmpl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
adimicra, Good to know that you are happy with service.

The three months service schedule is really from delaers indicating India conditions etc.

But Dealer here in Kolkata agreed to six months or 5K Km service schedule for my car. But he was not willing to write a mail about that.

Keeping Instant fuel display (bar graph) half filled has become a game for me, while driving in late night and free roads. Ofcourse, during normal office trafic, it's difficult to keep the bar at graph half filled.

In my ANHC , I could get maximum 19.1kmpl in a distance of six km after filling the tank.
Ram, I am originally from Kolkata. One thing for sure, it is much easier to extract a better mileage in Hyderabad than Kolkata, unless you stay in Salt Lake area or outskirts.
Yes, I too play the mileage game sometimes while coming back from office at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
@Adimicra, thanks for the detailed update. My Jazz is due for servicing first time in hyd ... so have a few questions
  1. Who is the service Manager you speak to?
  2. How much petrol was in the car when you gave it for Servicing?
The name of the Service Manager at Pride Honda is Sudarshan Reddy.
Not sure about the petrol but it was pretty low I guess. I have already told about the DTE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
^^ With all the fuel hikes around the corner, it looks like you should paste a sticker of 8 on your DTE meter

Jokes apart, this sounds about correct. In fact even mine was delivered with DTE as 11. Do you find any change in the gear ratios after the servicing?
AFAIK, gear ratios are not changed during servicing. It is part of the car's design.
Old 10th June 2011, 19:12   #292
BHPian

Adi, any update on USB kit you bought.

Have you been able to install the kit and is it working as desired?
Old 10th June 2011, 20:53   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooze View Post
Adi, any update on USB kit you bought.

Have you been able to install the kit and is it working as desired?
Sorry but the USB kit is still with me but not installed. I plan to get the bluetooth dongle by next week.
Also, I have plans of upgrading the speakers - front compos, rear coaxials powered by a 4-channel amp.
But I am not able to find time ...even this weekend looks to be too busy.

I will definitely get the stuff done by next weekend and keep you all posted.

Meanwhile, has anyone been able to install the boot light (available in Jazz X) in Jazz/Jazz Select? I am very much interested in it.
Old 12th June 2011, 11:13   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quick update -
Had to drop some relatives to the airport today morning.
While going, we were in a bit of hurry.So drove little fast - between 120-140 kmph with occassionally going past 160 kmph. The car returned an FE of 15.9 kmpl.

While coming back, drove leisurely with an avg speed of 80-100 kmph and got an FE of 20.1 kmpl.

All numbers are from the onboard FE calculator, so the real mileage will be 1-1.5 kmpl less.
Old 15th June 2011, 13:01   #295
Senior - BHPian

One of the reasons why you get the car back with a low DTE after service is because they idle the engine a fair bit during service and they also go on multiple very short test drives (not good for F/E). Next time you give the car in, note the difference between the odo reading once you get it back.

On my Civic a drop of 2 bars in the fuel indicator is a minimum, and the odo reads anywhere between 8 and 10 kms more (sometimes even more) than when I gave the car in.

EDIT: I was just going through the thread - though not fully yet - and I'm a little surprised Pride gave you such a nice packet of discounts.

I still remember every bit of my interaction with them in the May to July 2010 when I was in the process of purchasing my Civic. I tried all sorts of tactics but couldn't get a paisa out of them other than the standard Honda discounts (insurance at INR 1 and corporate discount of 5k which by the way Pride was supposed to match but they refused to). I asked them for a free body cover at least and the CEO of Pride (Rohit) had the temerity to gloat that he got his Blackberry cover for free while refusing me a body cover for a 15.2 lac car! Then he tells me he can offer an additional discount of some 50k if I was willing to purchase a 2009-date BSIII White V A/T (when I wanted a 2010 BSIV Black V M/T). Sundaram tried the same stunt.

Your earlier assessment of Pride Honda service is spot-on, though. There's hardly one or two people in there who know what they're talking about. In the course of my car's 4 services there, I've met just one capable SA and one capable mechanic.

Regards,
spadix

Last edited by spadix : 15th June 2011 at 13:25.
Old 20th June 2011, 11:12   #296
BHPian

I have a problem where my Jazz has trouble reading Audio CD's. I get an error and it just refuses to play and ejects the CD. Has anyone else faced this or do I just have a bad stereo system?
Old 20th June 2011, 11:54   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a problem where my Jazz has trouble reading Audio CD's. I get an error and it just refuses to play and ejects the CD. Has anyone else faced this or do I just have a bad stereo system?
I have had the same problem with a couple fo newly burned CDs. It seems that the CD player lens (?) is very sensitive and plays only clean CDs. If there is a scratch or dust, it rejects the disk with the comment as 'Bad Disk' or something similar.
The same CD played without any issue on my laptop and other CD players
I have since moved to using the Aux in port with my mobile; less clutter in the glovebox too
Old 20th June 2011, 12:30   #298
BHPian

Quote:
I have had the same problem with a couple fo newly burned CDs. It seems that the CD player lens (?) is very sensitive and plays only clean CDs. If there is a scratch or dust, it rejects the disk with the comment as 'Bad Disk' or something similar.
The same CD played without any issue on my laptop and other CD players
I have since moved to using the Aux in port with my mobile; less clutter in the glovebox too
Actually I am facing this with even store bought CD's. Also, I am not too impressed with Pride Honda either. They first promised to send someone home to get the stereo removed and sent to the local Alpine dealer to troubleshoot. When no one came home after a week-10 days I called the service manager. He wanted to first check with Honda and get their feedback before removing the stereo. Now after 4 days I called him up again and he is now asking me to come to their showroom so that they can remove the stereo and send it to the Alpine.

This kind of back and forth is quite unprofessional to be honest.
Old 20th June 2011, 13:17   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Actually I am facing this with even store bought CD's
Well, I dont have the problem if I am trying to play clean CDs; without scratches or dust. This problem has to be rectified by ***. Unfortunately, the less we say about the quality of service these days in India the better. It is very difficult to find professional service.

They should at least offer a pick up/ drop service, but then again I am not sure you want to leave it at that.
Old 20th June 2011, 13:26   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Well, I dont have the problem if I am trying to play clean CDs; without scratches or dust. This problem has to be rectified by ***. Unfortunately, the less we say about the quality of service these days in India the better. It is very difficult to find professional service.

They should at least offer a pick up/ drop service, but then again I am not sure you want to leave it at that.
I spoke to the Service Manager at Pride a little while back who has promised to take care of it. Will keep you guys posted on how this turns out.
Closed Thread