Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 20th June 2011, 14:47   #301
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
I spoke to the Service Manager at Pride a little while back who has promised to take care of it. Will keep you guys posted on how this turns out.
Please do keep us posted on this.
Pride Honda service sucks and so does Sundaram Honda - basically, we do not have a choice.
If Pride Honda does not resolve the issue, please call HondaOnetoOne - believe me, it really helps!

I do not have such a problem - all my CD's are pretty old and has quite a few scratches.
I had only one problem with the HU -
Recently burned a CD with latest Hindi songs, all played fine except 'Delhi Belly' - may be the format was different or the bit rate is high Or may be, the HU has a censoring unit for the 'Bhag DK Bose' song

@spadix - I don't know how I managed to get such a deal. I have tried to help a few BHPians in getting similar deals and the Pride people are scared of me. Now, if anyone gives my reference, they clearly say that they can't offer the same deal as that was offered to me

Last edited by adimicra : 20th June 2011 at 14:50.
Old 23rd June 2011, 08:08   #302
BHPian

Adi: Thanks for your suggestion. I called up Honda OnetoOne and that did the trick. Got a call from Pride within an hour of my complaint to Honda.

They are sending someone today to remove the stereo. I will keep you guys posted on this.

Very disappointed that Pride just delayed the whole thing until I spoke to Honda.
Old 23rd June 2011, 09:13   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross
Very disappointed that Pride just delayed the whole thing until I spoke to Honda.
This is exactly the kind of thing I talked about in the "Honda India - The way forward" thread.

I've complained about so many things now to Honda HQ as well as Pride Honda service itself but the same mistakes keep getting repeated.

I raised a huge stink after the 1st and 2nd FSes and the 3rd one went reasonably well (with 3 visits by the mobile service crew post-service of course). So I expressed my satisfaction and Pride Honda was back to form during the 4th. To the point where now they didn't even bother to send the mobile crew after I asked for it (twice) during the feedback/follow-up calls.

Sundaram isn't much better by the way. Three of Dad's close friends are Honda lifers. All of them are Sundaram customers and two of them have only horror stories to recount.

Regards,
spadix
Old 23rd June 2011, 11:25   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
This is exactly the kind of thing I talked about in the "Honda India - The way forward" thread.

I've complained about so many things now to Honda HQ as well as Pride Honda service itself but the same mistakes keep getting repeated.

I raised a huge stink after the 1st and 2nd FSes and the 3rd one went reasonably well (with 3 visits by the mobile service crew post-service of course). So I expressed my satisfaction and Pride Honda was back to form during the 4th. To the point where now they didn't even bother to send the mobile crew after I asked for it (twice) during the feedback/follow-up calls.

Sundaram isn't much better by the way. Three of Dad's close friends are Honda lifers. All of them are Sundaram customers and two of them have only horror stories to recount.

Regards,
spadix
Any feedback on Green Honda? Are they any better?
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:04   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
Any feedback on Green Honda? Are they any better?
No idea at all. They're very new in the game and pretty far as well from where I live/work (nearly the opposite end of the city) so I don't think I'll be going there at all.

Regards,
spadix
Old 29th June 2011, 12:15   #306
Senior - BHPian

Guyz,
I have crossed 10K kms today. yipeee
It has been an absolutely blissful 10 months and I feel very satisfied about the Jazz. The decision to stretch my budget and go for it was the right one.
It feels as good as new, the engine has opened up and now it goes to the redline in the 1st gear as well without much complaint.
I will put up a few snaps and more details shortly.

Cheers!
adimicra is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 13:14   #307
BHPian

Congrats adimicra!!

Hoping to join the Jazz bandwagon soon, if my dad finds the ride and seat height fine! He's not a fan of low slung cars (read the ANHC likes)!

Waiting for the TD Jazz to come home!
Old 6th July 2011, 21:34   #308
BHPian

Hello Adi,

This is one of the few threads that I read regularly and threads like these enable everyone else to make and take an informed decision about not only car buying but also how to maintain / upgrade / improvise the "owning" of the car experience. Thanks for the good work and continue to have safe rides always !!
Old 6th July 2011, 23:06   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post
Hello Adi,

This is one of the few threads that I read regularly and threads like these enable everyone else to make and take an informed decision about not only car buying but also how to maintain / upgrade / improvise the "owning" of the car experience. Thanks for the good work and continue to have safe rides always !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Congrats adimicra!!

Hoping to join the Jazz bandwagon soon, if my dad finds the ride and seat height fine! He's not a fan of low slung cars (read the ANHC likes)!

Waiting for the TD Jazz to come home!

Thanks guyz...I feel overwhelmed to see such responses and I very glad to know that my thread has been helpful to you.

@Geo_ipe....do keep us posted on your TD experience. Hope you join the Jazz club soon..I have heard the discounts offered now are mouth watering.

I have many things pending - I spoke to one of the installers for ICE upgrade which involves a 4-channel amp, front 6.5 components and a subwoofer. Due to some unforeseen circumstances, budget is a bit tight now. So, that will probably get delayed by a couple of months.
But I have promised to get it done by the first birthday of my Jazz!
As part of some pampering on her first birthday, I also plan to do exterior paint protection and polishing along with interior cleaning and polishing.

This weekend, I was feeling a bit bugged as I have been driving pretty gently for the last few weeks due to the soaring petrol prices Though I am managing to get very good mileage (~16 kmpl), but I am not enjoying the drive. So, took her to a spin on the ORR and floored the pedal ...Oh, that awesome roar of the Vtec made my so happy again.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post edited. Kindly refrain from mentioning high speeds (those over the legal limit) in your posts.

Last edited by n_aditya : 11th August 2011 at 14:53.
Old 7th July 2011, 13:21   #310
BHPian

adi...

I'm looking for a new car for my dad.
He's 58, 6'2'' tall and had lower back problems. He's gonna be chauffered around by my mom and driver, and is gonna be occupying the front passenger seat always.
Most important parameters are RIDE COMFORT and RIDE HEIGHT.
My dad's very happy with the Logan's attributes. He also liked the Etios w.r.t the mentioned attributes.
The Jazz is 5mm lower than the Logan and 25mm higher than the Etios (overall height).
I just wanna make sure that the height is not too low slung like the City which is 50 mm lower than the Jazz (it possibly cant be, but still)!
The roads in Kerala are all messed up at present post monsoon! Has the Jazz ever let you down over bad patches??
Old 7th July 2011, 13:40   #311
BHPian

Quote:
adi...

He's 58, 6'2'' tall and had lower back problems... and is gonna be occupying the front passenger seat always.

My dad's very happy with the Logan's attributes. He also liked the Etios w.r.t the mentioned attributes.
Jazz has adequate head and leg room - more than any other hatch currently on offer. It has great visibility - thanks to the sweeping windscreen and big windows.

The ride quality is slightly on the hard side, but improves drastically at higher speeds. Getting in and out of Jazz is easier than most Sedan. Doors open wide and that makes things easier.

Quote:
The Jazz is 5mm lower than the Logan and 25mm higher than the Etios (overall height).

I just wanna make sure that the height is not too low slung like the City which is 50 mm lower than the Jazz (it possibly cant be, but still)!
The roads in Kerala are all messed up at present post monsoon! Has the Jazz ever let you down over bad patches??
I have not had any issues with bad patches on the road. The suspension is good enough to deal with most rural roads in Maharashtra. I have done nearly 10,000 km over last year and a half on a Jazz and she has never troubled me even once.

I find that Jazz's build quality is superior to City and Jazz smoothly goes over the speed-bumps that scrap the City's bottom.

She's also a noticeably quite car which adds to driving comfort. Should you choose to buy one, do ask for discount. I understand most dealers will offer a discount as the City is sold for discount and price difference between the two has narrowed.
Old 7th July 2011, 14:05   #312
BHPian

Quote:
adi...

He's 58, 6'2'' tall and had lower back problems. He's gonna be chauffered around by my mom and driver, and is gonna be occupying the front passenger seat always.
Hi Geo,
Jazz is spacious and is a smooth car,but it lacks in low back support and getting in and out is wee bit difficult. Do try the sx4. It has good height and nice back support.swift is good too.
Ramesh
Old 7th July 2011, 14:40   #313
BHPian

@Ramesh:

Swift is option two. Dad actually likes it. I don't quite think the SX4 at double the price of the Swift is so much value.
Old 7th July 2011, 23:02   #314
Senior - BHPian

@Geo_Ipe: Sushil has given the proper advice.
Jazz is neither low slung nor it is a tall boy.

Getting in and out is very very easy. Ride at low speeds is stiff due to a stiff suspension but it improves a lot as speed increases. One advantage of having a stiff suspension is that it will not scrape the bottom so easily.

The front seats in the Jazz are the best-in-class but the rear seats have less depth...so you have to figure it out whether it is suitable for your dad. If your dad is gonna drive, then absolutely go ahead.

Swift - well it is a good car in its own right but comparing with Jazz is not fair, they belong to different class in my opinion. But, Swift costs much less as well.

Did you get the TD done? Things like comfort and all are very subjective and you should check it out yourself. If you ask me, I will just give a simple answer - If you can afford, buy the Jazz as it is simply the best hatchback in the country.
Whether you find it value for money, you have to decide yourself.
Best of luck!
adimicra is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 00:03   #315
BHPian

Thanks adi and sushil for such prompt replies!

No the TD hasn't happened yet.
My dad wont be driving nor sitting at the back. The front passenger seat is always his.
But neither are the Logan nor the Etios low slung, but my dad found both very comfortable!
And yes, I find the Jazz very much VFM. I'm looking at it s a bootless City which is more comfy than the City.

And as adi so rightly says, comfort can be subjective. Will keep this forum updated!

Drive Safe!

Last edited by Geo_Ipe : 8th July 2011 at 00:06.
Closed Thread