Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 12th July 2011, 00:10   #331
BHPian

Default Re: like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz

Guess you are referring to the other thread or the link here
1) I don't think we bought any of our Jazzes for around 7.45 L ex showroom. Guess they were around 6.7 ex showroom and atleast most of us finished the overall purchase for 7.5 Lakhs overall.
2) From what i understand OTR price for select is 6.7L. Which makes us lose 75K.

I don't think there is any alternative than to swallow this bitter pill :(
Its not even an year for me and the jazz prices have plummeted. Hope Honda hears us too who are current owners of Jazzes.

EDIT : Mods can move these posts to the other thread that discusses this.

Last edited by snorting bull : 12th July 2011 at 00:24.
Old 12th July 2011, 00:48   #332
Senior - BHPian

Guyz, I know how it feels.
But we can't do anything. Honda has definitely not thought about the existing owners when they did such a huge price cut.
I only hope for the sake of goodwill, they offer some stuff to the existing owners like free services etc etc
One thing I realized - when you buy a car which is not selling well in the market, you are putting yourself under all sorts of risks.
For my next car, I will stick with the high-selling models for sure and it is not going to be a Honda in all probability.

After having stretched so much, and paid through our nose, we loose all the snob value/exclusivity associated with the car.
Old 12th July 2011, 06:19   #333
Senior - BHPian

Well there are not many features that can be reduced so it does mean that we have paid quite a bit of premium. Even as a buyer of a pre owned car, I have paid a bit of that premium.
Unfortunately, we existing owners are so small in number that Honda may just not care. What news to get first thing in the morning :(

I would be happy if they offered a choice of free services or free accessories. I will be complaining on their website later today. Let them know they have let down their existing customer base; people who bought their overpriced product when no one else was.

Edit:
At the same time, there will be no
more discounts offered, so will the loss be 75k or around 20k, considering the earlier discounts of 55k?

Last edited by selfdrive : 12th July 2011 at 06:25.
Old 12th July 2011, 06:25   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Guyz, I know how it feels.
But we can't do anything. Honda has definitely not thought about the existing owners when they did such a huge price cut.
I only hope for the sake of goodwill, they offer some stuff to the existing owners like free services etc etc
One thing I realized - when you buy a car which is not selling well in the market, you are putting yourself under all sorts of risks.
For my next car, I will stick with the high-selling models for sure and it is not going to be a Honda in all probability.

After having stretched so much, and paid through our nose, we loose all the snob value/exclusivity associated with the car.
I completely understand what you are going through adimicra. In fact, when I posted in the other thread "Honda India cuts price of Jazz as well", I was mentioning about you and the other members in the forum who went, paid the atrociously high price and bought the Jazz for its sheer brilliance and exclusivity. Now, for all the loyalty and belief you guys had for Honda, all you get in return is a huge depreciation in a single day. Honda needs to think about all aspects before making a decision.

But, as you said, all you can do now is forget this bitter incident and enjoy the Jazz whenever you sit behind the wheel. Jazz is capable of making you forget these things in a jiffy.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 17:36   #335
BHPian

Just wanted to post an update on my stereo issue. I got the replacement stereo yesterday and while I haven't really tested it much it seems to be working fine so far. The stereo was replaced at my house and while there were quite a few delays I think the delays were caused by the Alpine dealer rather than Pride Honda.

After all the price cuts I sure hope that Honda at least gives free USB connectivity to all owners.!
Old 14th July 2011, 23:08   #336
Senior - BHPian

Fellow Jazz owners,
I have got over the disappointment and frustration. Hope you all have also gotten over it and enjoying your beauties.

Crisscross,
Good to hear that the audio has been replaced under warranty.
Don't expect any freebie from Honda for existing owners.

The car is great, and I hope we all enjoy many years of trouble-free ownership.
Old 14th July 2011, 23:15   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have got over the disappointment and frustration.
My friend in press had a word with Honda and they say the discounts on Jazz are through dealerships to clear stock and not from Honda..The facelift will hit the market with original price soon.. I am confused??

Quote:
The car is great, and I hope we all enjoy many years of trouble-free ownership.
Well, atleast one gets the bullet proof reliability after paying all that sum...

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 14th July 2011 at 23:16.
Old 15th July 2011, 08:58   #338
BHPian

Hello all,
Yes, once I get behind the wheel and listen to some nice music,the grudge is left behind. Most of the other hatch backs had always some nibbling issues here and there,but with jazz,you hardly find any fault,except the price. I used to think,good things always comes with a price,and then they had to do this! But,jazz is worth the money. Such a lovely & quiet engine & car,a pleasure& so smooth to drive. And then there is loads of space everywhere. Jazz has more space than most of the sedans,can easily seat 3 people behind,and no hump in the middle either! Even x1 or captiva doesn't have rear A/C vent ! So let us relax and enjoy our drive. ( has anyone done a power upgrade for jazz?)
Old 15th July 2011, 10:12   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Honda has definitely not thought about the existing owners when they did such a huge price cut.

@adimicra-Honda is just another bunch of opportunistic businessmen who make their hay when the Sun is out They don't care about you or me but only how to sell thor badge value more. Which businessman is totally ethical?

I bought my City and within a week the price cut came.The dealer, without batting an eyelid, pleaded ignorance till last moment.'Sir,the customers who booked the car yesterday did not get any benefit,yours was at least a week away" And as we all know now-their cars are grossly overpriced-they are charging huge premium for brand snob value.

I had posted on my thread,"Does anyone buy a ..." they have been keeping the prices a 'safe maximum'. They must have been enjoying huge margins-otherwise, how can they afford these price-cuts?

Regarding features offered-everywhere else Jazz is available with a 1.5L engine which makes it a nice value for money.ANHC is coming without essential features in India.We have to work hard to protect and defend Honda in order to preserve the snob value of our cars!! "Yes,1.2 L engine is fun to drive.Look at other features" "I don't think ACC is really required.I value the fun to drive factor more" etc etc..

Instead of being fiercely loyal to a particular maker,if we all insist on sheer quality and value for money-then all the car makers will struggle to meet the expectations. Until then- diesel car sellers will kick the rears of clients who offer hard earned 10.5 lakhs, people will not even talk to each other because each believes his car is better than the other's.

Any way, our cars have been bought by us and they have quality-let us admit it and enjoy them.At the same time remember- the smiles on the faces of the the SE is another opportunistic selling tactic.

At least the present price cuts have brought Honda cars into reasonable price range and now they are reasonable value for money. Let us be happy that at least our fellow BHPians are reaping some benefit out of it.

Cheer up!! charthom.
charthom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 11:29   #340
Senior - BHPian

@chartom: Thanks a lot.
AS I said, I have got over it a couple of days back. Actually, the disappointment/frustration lasted only for a day.
I am enjoying my car as always.

Nobody, forced us to buy our cars. We felt they are worth the price, hence bough it. Now, Honda reduced the price but we really can't do anything aboutit. Much worse things have happened in my life ..we need to MOVE ON.
Old 16th July 2011, 18:58   #341
Senior - BHPian

Finally, something to update -

I had said in my previous posts that I have got the USB adapter from XCARLINK..here is the link

Honda USB/SD MP3 Interface Model V*::*HONDA*::*XCarLink

But the installation was pending for a long time.
Today morning, finally found the time to get it done. Went to my regular car accessory shop. The HU has to be removed and the device just plugs into the back of the HU into the CD changer port - very simple installation, takes around 15 mins.
I am not posting any pics as it is available on the above link.
The adapter wiring can be channeled through the gap in the globebox and can be kept in the glovebox or the central console between the 2 seats (the wire is long enough). Right now, I have placed in the central console as it is easy to operate.

Then, I fitted a USB flash drive and NO SOUND..We tried all sorts of things and nothing worked..

Came back home in a dejected mood and read through the installation manual - It says the device works like a CD changer. So, you have to name the folders like CD01, CD02....CD06 as most HU's support 6-CD changer.
So, created some folders like CD01,CD02...CD06 in my USB flash drive and tried once more. Voila! It worked this time

The best thing is - it works with the steering audio controls and all the controls in the HU.

Finally, feeling happy...yes, there is a limitation but it is not a big deal...much better than having to burn CDs or control the music through an auxillary device (like IPOD).

Definitely recommended..it costs only 4000/- bucks and is worth the money. I am trying to get the BT adapter which can be plugged into this USB device...that will make it an ideal setup.

Last edited by adimicra : 16th July 2011 at 19:00.
adimicra is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2011, 19:09   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Finally, something to update -

Voila! It worked this time

The best thing is - it works with the steering audio controls and all the controls in the HU.

Finally, feeling happy...yes, there is a limitation but it is not a big deal...much better than having to burn CDs or control the music through an auxillary device (like IPOD).

Definitely recommended..it costs only 4000/- bucks and is worth the money. I am trying to get the BT adapter which can be plugged into this USB device...that will make it an ideal setup.
That is a great news Adi

Will so we have one Jazz owner who has USB working fine.

One question how do you get the list of songs displayed it is on the current HD screen?
Old 16th July 2011, 19:39   #343
Senior - BHPian

Hey scrooze and other owners,

Having experimented for some more time, let me give some more info -
  • It supports upto 10 folders
  • Each folder can have upto 99 songs
  • Subfolders are also supported
  • Each folder is treated as a separate CD/Disc..the display will be CDC1, CDC2..and so on, irrespective of the folder name and songs like Track1, Track 2....and so on irrespective of the song name
  • Songs in the root folder are played first - CDC1
  • Sound quality is very good, just like CD
  • If you have more than 10 folders in the flash drive, it will work but only play songs from the first 10 folders

Some limitations -
  • Album name/song name/artist name are not displayed. (It just like normal CD, not like mp3 songs).
  • Since every folder is treated a separate disc, folder/directory navigation through the PUSH/Select switch in the HU does not work. All other controls on the HU and the steering wheel controls work fine.

FInally, Aal Izz Well!

Last edited by adimicra : 16th July 2011 at 19:52.
adimicra is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2011, 20:29   #344
akp
BHPian

How do you switch from one folder/subfolder to another?
akp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2011, 21:31   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
How do you switch from one folder/subfolder to another?
That is same as normal -
press the next folder switch on the HU
or presss and hold the 'ch' button on the steering control
Closed Thread