Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 10th August 2010, 11:48   #46
BHPian

Congrats Adimicra! Jazz looks great in white colour. As others pointed out, you should try to change your ID now to AdiJazz.

I had also some what similar dilema while choosing between Jazz and ANHC. But finally settled for ANHC.

Do post your intial experience and pictures after you the get the active kit installed.
Old 10th August 2010, 13:10   #47
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Adi, Jazz looks like cute chubby baby. I would suggest not to put the grill.

Last edited by poloman : 10th August 2010 at 13:12.
Old 10th August 2010, 14:02   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Congrats Adi, Jazz looks like cute chubby baby. I would suggest not to put the grill.
Thanks poloman.
+1 to that..I am not putting the front grill even though I am getting it free..it looks awesome without the grill - the H badge shinning over the black mesh
Old 10th August 2010, 14:20   #49
BHPian

hey Adi: Congrats on the Jazz mate. Looks superb in white. YOu were supposed to get the mode kit pre fitted right? Since I didnt notice it in the pictures, asking you. You narrowly missed the X variant, but not much. Doesnt make a difference. Make sure you get the Michelins and routine tyre checks at every 5 and 10000 kms. Will ensure and make your drive better in the years to come.

Awaiting the snaps with the alloys.( psst...why dont you lobby for the gun metal alloys now? they will look much cooler than the regular ones)
Old 10th August 2010, 14:26   #50
Senior - BHPian

adimicra, congrats on your purchase. Whenever I see a Jazz, I think if I should buy one! In Bengaluru, the numbers are increasing and I can see at least two everyday.
Old 10th August 2010, 16:20   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
hey Adi: Congrats on the Jazz mate. Looks superb in white. YOu were supposed to get the mode kit pre fitted right? Since I didnt notice it in the pictures, asking you. You narrowly missed the X variant, but not much. Doesnt make a difference. Make sure you get the Michelins and routine tyre checks at every 5 and 10000 kms. Will ensure and make your drive better in the years to come.

Awaiting the snaps with the alloys.( psst...why dont you lobby for the gun metal alloys now? they will look much cooler than the regular ones)
Thanks everyone..I have not got any of the kits yet! I have been promised both the Select and Active kits within the next 15-20 days (by the time of the first service).
I am supposed to get the Select Kit free which includes the Alloys and rear parcel tray (I will try to bargain for the gunmetal alloys, but not sure I will get it). I have already got the Michelin tyres, I insisted on Michelin and the dealer was very co-operative!
You are correct - I was also supposed to get the Mode kit free but instead, I bargained for the Active kit and was offered the Active Kit at 12K additional which includes -
  • Fog lamps
  • Tailgate spolier
  • Front grill (which I will not fit)
  • Sports pedals
  • Doorstep illuminated garnishes
  • Silver finish on interior panels etc
I do not regret not waiting for the Jazz X - the OTR price is 9.1L here.
And I got everything included at 8.1L OTR - difference of 1L
Only things I will miss is the USB port and driver seat height adjustment (which is not needed for me as the seat is perfect for my driving position)
But I get sports pedals, silver finish on interiors and illuminated door step garnishes which are not there in the Jazz X!

I wonder who will go for the Jazz X with all the huge discounts on the Jazz!

Last edited by adimicra : 10th August 2010 at 16:21.
Old 10th August 2010, 16:39   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I wonder who will go for the Jazz X with all the huge discounts on the Jazz!
Well, that's the idea!

Sorry I could not follow, please clarify- you have got the alloys and are bargaining for gunmetals ones? Or you are yet to get your allors fixed?

And does the kit includes the sport pedals? Because I have seen your pedals as of now are the normal ones. So I am assuming they will be replacing them in the first service!

With all these features, 8.1 L OTR seems fab! It is just that it is completely loaded! I mean COMPLETELY!

Old 10th August 2010, 16:59   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Well, that's the idea!

Sorry I could not follow, please clarify- you have got the alloys and are bargaining for gunmetals ones? Or you are yet to get your allors fixed?

And does the kit includes the sport pedals? Because I have seen your pedals as of now are the normal ones. So I am assuming they will be replacing them in the first service!

With all these features, 8.1 L OTR seems fab! It is just that it is completely loaded! I mean COMPLETELY!

I guess you have not read my earlier post thoroughly...
Let me clarify once again for you and everyone else. I have not got the Select kit or the Active kit installed as yet as those were not available with the dealer - the dealer has promised me in writing tho get those fitted before the time of my first service (within 15 -20 days) The select kit is absolutely free whereas the active kit will cost an additional 12 K ( market price of around 40K odd)

The select kit consists of -
  • Alloys
  • Rear parcel tray
The Active kit consists of -
  • Fog lamps
  • Tailgate spolier
  • Front grill (which I will not fit)
  • Sports pedals
  • Doorstep illuminated garnishes
  • Silver finish on interior panels etc
Once I have those installed, I will post the new pics. Hope it is clear to everyone!

Other accessories planned -
  • Seat covers
  • Sunfilm (Garware or Llumar)
  • Ashtray
  • Steering leather cover
  • Cigarette lighter
The above accessories will be fitted in this week or the next only after permanent registration ( planning for dark tints, so only after registration )

I guess it might take a month's time to get all the accessories fitted on my car and make it FULLY LOADED!
Old 11th August 2010, 14:46   #54
Senior - BHPian

^^Hey I am not sure how the weather is in Hyderabad now, but it is a bad idea to get sun filiming done in rains. So it would be a good idea if you could wait until rains subside!
Old 12th August 2010, 11:15   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
^^Hey I am not sure how the weather is in Hyderabad now, but it is a bad idea to get sun filiming done in rains. So it would be a good idea if you could wait until rains subside!
Thanks for mentioning that..Hyderabad weather is very unpredictable nowadays. So, I guess I will get those done after a month or so.

I am getting a mileage of 13.5 in city with 100%AC, which is very impressive. I get a mileage of 10.5-12 with AC in Santro in the same route depending on my mood

I once revved this car and it literally flies above 3000 rpm! Can't wait to complete the running in period.
Old 12th August 2010, 18:45   #56
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Adimicra. White is best always. Happy Motoring.
No doubt Jazz is the best hatch and would have made other brands to run away from the segment if the introductory product price was spot on.
Old 12th August 2010, 19:04   #57
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up

Congrats Adi! Excellent car - looks great - Good decision!

My friend has almost finalized on Jazz, But still thinking about Polo 1.6 - Result will be out in a weeks time.

How do you find the Magic Seat feature? How is the back seat comfort in Jazz?
Old 12th August 2010, 20:18   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Congrats Adimicra. White is best always. Happy Motoring.
No doubt Jazz is the best hatch and would have made other brands to run away from the segment if the introductory product price was spot on.
Thanks RGK. The car is really very good and am enjoying every bit of it! I can guarantee that after buying the car (that is , after having already paid the money), every owner will be very satisfied with this car.

Quote:
Congrats Adi! Excellent car - looks great - Good decision!

My friend has almost finalized on Jazz, But still thinking about Polo 1.6 - Result will be out in a weeks time.

How do you find the Magic Seat feature? How is the back seat comfort in Jazz?
Yes, I was also confused between Polo 1.6 and Jazz and ultimately ended up with the Jazz for reasons mentioned earlier. If your friend finally goes for the Jazz, ask him to insist on the Michelin tyres ( improves the ride and handling so much - my car handles like a charm with the Michelins) and also ask him to get the Active kit free or at a good discount to spice up the Jazz ( apart from whatever cash discount he is getting).
The back seat is really spacious with acres of legroom and headroom. My colleague who is 6'1" could sit in the back as well as the front with some space still there and he was amazed with the space on offer. The rear seat incline is little less than some cars but to my and my wife's liking and the rear headrests are placed so nicely so that you will actually rest you head against those. The seat squab also provides very good support, could have been little deeper though. 3 people in the back is not a problem and the visibility all round,even from the rear seats is amazing - my wife loves it!
The Magic seats are truly magical, the amount of space you can have at your disposal with those seats should be seen to be believed. And you can do all those tricks with just one hand - so easy to use! As I said earlier, the practicality and luggage carrying capacity of the Jazz will put most sedans to shame!
Old 12th August 2010, 21:06   #59
BHPian

congrats adimicra for the new car,looks really good especially in white.

i too was looking at getting the jazz in white but instead i got it in silver.
have had it for 6 months now and i am pretty happy with it.
Old 12th August 2010, 21:24   #60
BHPian

Congrats adimicra.. Jazz looks really great. I am in the thinking process of changing my Logan. I was looking for polo but now after reading and looking after the pictures I am seriously thinking of doing a TD of Jazz( inspite of the high price )
Again great car....
Closed Thread