Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2010, 18:56   #16
BHPian
 
MutantX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Madras
Posts: 868
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

A wonderful luxury hatch mate. enjoy your ride. Btw, how are the vibrations, ride through the potholes and stability of car at high speeds.
MutantX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 20:43   #17
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,599
Thanked: 8,581 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicselva View Post

Thanks ampere.

Just came back from the showroom.

There is no words to talk about Indian Ignorance.

Manufactured date is mentioned as 02/2010, instead of 06/2010. And car model is Magna instead of Sportz(O) in the RC book. Reason being, Sportz(O) is not listed in RTO database

Dealership is going to change it in the RC book by Tuesday.
By the way is the RC book, truly a "book" or a smart card? Many RTOs in Banglaore have shifted to Smartcards in the last year.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 22:46   #18
BHPian
 
classicselva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 184
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
A wonderful luxury hatch mate. enjoy your ride. Btw, how are the vibrations, ride through the potholes and stability of car at high speeds.
Thanks and keep you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
By the way is the RC book, truly a "book" or a smart card? Many RTOs in Banglaore have shifted to Smartcards in the last year.
ampere, it is the "book", and not the smart card. Any issue behind this.
classicselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 13:26   #19
BHPian
 
classicselva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 184
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

ODO Reading: 1310
dropped the car for first service today.

Overview: Car is getting smoother day by day.
I feel the clutch is too long and painfull in bumper to bumper trafic. I feel a bit design issue there. My foot slips to the front (even with shoes). Any one facing the same issue.
There is creek creek noise on the back bad roads running at 10-20 Kmph. have requested to check.

Being a follower of Wildon's thread, requested to enable auto lock on driving over 40 KmPH.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1589417 (Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2)

Checked on the Rheostat for Illumination control, Service center do not have the part. So requested them to order one and let me know once it is available.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1612685 (Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2)

There is big hesistation in doing the above 2 jobs by the Service center. Only after quoting that other service centers are doing, Express Hyundai is ready listen to. Still they have said that they will do the feasibility check on installing the above.

Planning for long travel soon. Will keep you all updated.

Last edited by classicselva : 26th August 2010 at 13:27.
classicselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 14:28   #20
BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 844
Thanked: 127 Times
Default

Hey Selva!! congrats on the car!! I am a big i20 fan(as you can see from my signature). Just wanted to know about the ex-showroom price difference between the Sportz and Sportz(O).
And does the Sportz(O) come with those keys or you got it as a an accessory?
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 15:17   #21
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 111
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Selva, congrats on the car, mate. This was my car of choice too, but the TD vehicle was just so ill maintained, that I had to drop it finally!

This is easily the best driver friendly vehicle. Quite identify with what you say at 2000 rpm. Many more miles of happy driving to you
Driver2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 15:26   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
anilisanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,435
Thanked: 288 Times
Default

Congrats on a fab car. And you named "him" Lucky? I am generally used to cars being referred as feminine

That customer delivery schedule is a surprise to me, I never saw one before, is it a norm that I missed or is it some value add from hyundai(/)dealership?
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 17:04   #23
BHPian
 
classicselva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 184
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Hey Selva!! congrats on the car!! I am a big i20 fan(as you can see from my signature). Just wanted to know about the ex-showroom price difference between the Sportz and Sportz(O).
And does the Sportz(O) come with those keys or you got it as a an accessory?
Thanks Pancham. Those key comes for Sportz, Sportz(O) and Asta. The price difference was 16K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver2000 View Post
Selva, congrats on the car, mate. This was my car of choice too, but the TD vehicle was just so ill maintained, that I had to drop it finally!

This is easily the best driver friendly vehicle. Quite identify with what you say at 2000 rpm. Many more miles of happy driving to you
Thanks Driver2000, Sorry not clear on "Quite identify with what you say at 2000 rpm"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Congrats on a fab car. And you named "him" Lucky? I am generally used to cars being referred as feminine

That customer delivery schedule is a surprise to me, I never saw one before, is it a norm that I missed or is it some value add from hyundai(/)dealership?
Thanks anilisanil, Nowdays it is seen regular in Chennai showrooms. And this is my first NEW car as well.. do not know how it was back.
classicselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 17:06   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,632
Thanked: 1,256 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicselva View Post
Thanks sagarpadaki,
To add on to the review.
I have already done couple of scratches under the front bumper.
Rubber is also missing, in the new models.

Same here too.My car too has a 5cm gash on the front bumper edge.I don't know why they have removed the rubber strip beneath the bumper in the BS4 models!
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 21:07   #25
BHPian
 
classicselva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 184
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Same here too.My car too has a 5cm gash on the front bumper edge.I don't know why they have removed the rubber strip beneath the bumper in the BS4 models!
Do you know if we can fix now? Is it available in the market and the cost.

Last edited by classicselva : 26th August 2010 at 21:09.
classicselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 22:02   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,632
Thanked: 1,256 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicselva View Post
Do you know if we can fix now? Is it available in the market and the cost.

Yea,only if you are willing to get a new bumper.The strip is still coming with the new bumpers.Don't know why Hyundai dint include it as a factory feature.
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2010, 17:45   #27
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 50
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Same here too.My car too has a 5cm gash on the front bumper edge.I don't know why they have removed the rubber strip beneath the bumper in the BS4 models!
@sagarpadki - Does the rubber strip impact the aerodynamics / wind noise etc of the car by any chance, maybe that is why it has been removed. Also - AFAIK the rubber strip is meant to be used as a marker while parking against a kerb, so that when you feel the rubber grazing the kerb, you stop the car right there.

Cheers !
calm_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2010, 19:28   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,632
Thanked: 1,256 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calm_cruiser View Post
@sagarpadki - Does the rubber strip impact the aerodynamics / wind noise etc of the car by any chance, maybe that is why it has been removed. Also - AFAIK the rubber strip is meant to be used as a marker while parking against a kerb, so that when you feel the rubber grazing the kerb, you stop the car right there.

Cheers !

I dont know how much effect that 2 inch rubber strip would have on the aerodynamics.But the i20's exported have a flap infront of every wheel to reduce wind noise and drag factor.Dont know why they have removed those in Indian versions(The Indian version is always tamed down irrespective of any brand).

With regard to the parking,i don't think its meant for that.Because if the kerb is higher it would hit the bumper itself first.And also u wont feel the kerb on the rubber strip if you are moving at parking speed because its a flexible piece of rubber.
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2010, 21:20   #29
BHPian
 
classicselva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 184
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I dont know how much effect that 2 inch rubber strip would have on the aerodynamics.But the i20's exported have a flap infront of every wheel to reduce wind noise and drag factor.Dont know why they have removed those in Indian versions(The Indian version is always tamed down irrespective of any brand).

With regard to the parking,i don't think its meant for that.Because if the kerb is higher it would hit the bumper itself first.And also u wont feel the kerb on the rubber strip if you are moving at parking speed because its a flexible piece of rubber.
Always Indian version are sub leveled.. it is another story.

Got the first service done, enabled the autolock if the speed goes above 40
Ordered the Rheostat control, as they do not have the stock

Accessories added today:
Mobile Multi (7) charger - Rs 350
Door anti scratch - Rs 420
Will post the pics of the same soon.
classicselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2010, 11:35   #30
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 50
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Door anti-scratch - umm is it the small rubber stub that prevents the door from hitting something like a wall ?.

@classicselva - Looking forward to the pics too !
calm_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iGen i20 Sportz CRDi - Ownership report arvind71181 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 184 20th November 2015 14:09
Hyundai i20 CRDI Sportz - 1 year ownership story, and still counting with SMILES PassionateDrive Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 43 20th May 2013 17:28
Some initial ownership observations - i20 CRDi Bigzero Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 24 7th December 2011 09:09


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:46.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks