Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd October 2010, 16:17   #106
BHPian

Today went to Lonavala, Khandala and visited Bhusi dam.

The car performed well in the highway, did long curve at 80-90km/hr without any issues, uphill with a/c on -no problem, braking was good.

One of the best part I would say is the Horn. Cars, Suvs, Truck - Polo horn will catch attention.

Total distance covered (up/dn) - 201 km.

Some pics attached :
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn1134.jpg  

VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn1152.jpg  

VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn1163.jpg  

VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn1166.jpg  

VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn1174.jpg  

VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn1177.jpg  

VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn1178.jpg  

VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn1197.jpg  

VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update-dscn1205.jpg  

AvonA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2010, 12:45   #107
BHPian

Great pics, Avon. Specially like the Polo appearing at the end - almost like an ad!

I am yet to go on a longish drive on the Polo. Partly, being busy, partly, having a Scorpio which is any day more fun on the highways. But should get around to it soon
Driver2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2010, 18:57   #108
BHPian

Default Some update

Got the car checked at the dealership for the Driver Side door power window problem (as mentioned in the prev. page of this thread).

Power Window Functioning
The problem could not be replicated as for the last 10+days the issue didn't appear. However a check was done but nothing much was found.

Hand Brake - Car not moving
As I didn't face this issue so nothing for me to complain but took the opportunity to discuss this with the Service Advisor. Came to know that this is a known issue and it seems many customers have faced this - when handbrake is pulled-on for 2-3days with the car not in use, brake gets jammed and car doesn't move.

Best way to avoid is not to pull the hand brake to its max., also alternatively car can be kept in gear (as mentioned by many bhpians).

Anyways, this is not a solution, more of a workaround.

Others
I noticed few weeks back that the sunfilm fitted (llumar from VW Dealership) on the 4 windows have few very small bubbles. It was hardly noticeable unless closely looked at.
As llumar comes with 3yrs warranty and I fitted from the dealer so showed them. They agreed to replace the 4 window sunfilms, took 3-4days to get the sunfilm, I was informed and got it replaced.

Every other day I am seeing POLO with the front VW logo missing, and at least I`ll see 01 at dealership, checked with them and was told that people are stealing the logo. Guess this is not limited to Pune only.

Last edited by AvonA7 : 12th October 2010 at 19:02.
Old 12th October 2010, 21:19   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
As I didn't face this issue so nothing for me to complain but took the opportunity to discuss this with the Service Advisor. Came to know that this is a known issue and it seems many customers have faced this - when handbrake is pulled-on for 2-3days with the car not in use, brake gets jammed and car doesn't move.
I too am not worried about this at all.

I think it is an issue but it requires a very simple workaround which is not to pull the hand-brake up to its max when leaving it for a few days.
nowwhat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2010, 23:59   #110
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
I too am not worried about this at all.

I think it is an issue but it requires a very simple workaround which is not to pull the hand-brake up to its max when leaving it for a few days.
+1 to that. I only plan to get it checked during 1st service - That is at 15000kms. Any-way, they will carry out hub-greasing during service.
Chethan B G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 17:53   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Every other day I am seeing POLO with the front VW logo missing, and at least I`ll see 01 at dealership, checked with them and was told that people are stealing the logo. Guess this is not limited to Pune only.
From the newspaper report it appears that stealing logos is very common these days particularly in Deccan Gymkhana area of Pune. I was told in Mumbai also it is very common.

When removing and stealing is easy and reward is in thousands it is bound to happen. The newspaper report says - school kinds were lured into stealing and were offered computer games and other petty things to do it for someone.

If companies start offering logos cheaply (Rs.250) this will stop as stolen one will not get market. Else companies should device a method to fix these logos in a manner that they can not be removed easily.
CANPUSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2010, 21:47   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
From the newspaper report it appears that stealing logos is very common these days particularly in Deccan Gymkhana area of Pune. I was told in Mumbai also it is very common.

When removing and stealing is easy and reward is in thousands it is bound to happen. The newspaper report says - school kinds were lured into stealing and were offered computer games and other petty things to do it for someone.

If companies start offering logos cheaply (Rs.250) this will stop as stolen one will not get market. Else companies should device a method to fix these logos in a manner that they can not be removed easily.
It seems you can remove the logo with a screwdriver quite easily. And apparently the replacement logo costs Rs. 1,600 or so.

So honestly I would be pretty miffed if someone stole mine. Not to mention the possibility of scratches due to the involvement of a screwdriver.

What I would say is please be careful where you park your car.

Incidentally I had asked about logo theft to my SE when I took delivery of my car. My SE said that in other VW cars such as the Jetta and Passat, you can remove the (much bigger) logo by just grabbing it with your fingers and turning it clockwise.
Old 26th October 2010, 15:30   #113
BHPian

Hey AvonA7 would you mind sharing more details about exterior detailing from price to performance.

Thanks in Advance.
Quote:
Yup, shall check it ------ normal cleaning dust (using Jopasu), washing (exterior using Armoral wash-n-wax, interior - waxpol), tire using Armorall tire foam, chamois, MF towel and finally Collinite845.

Believe -----. Also point to be noted is my car is Flash red which is non-metallic, any metallic paint would be more effective and more shining.
Subaro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 22:25   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaro123 View Post
Hey AvonA7 would you mind sharing more details about exterior detailing from price to performance.

Thanks in Advance.
Hi Subao123,

I didn't opt for any external detailing/treatment, though initially I was contemplating for one of those.

Just cleaned and waxed the car, after that what you read from the post - regular cleaning(removing dust and not washing) is good enough to keep the shine.

The initial pain in waxing the car would compensate for the reduced effort in regular washing IMO and thats exactly what I found out

The details what I did can be found from where you pasted those quotes and nothing else - its simple and easy and a good physical excersie too
Old 25th November 2010, 22:04   #115
BHPian

Default An update

Car was parked with covers on in this unusual regular November rains in Pune for almost a month. Returned home after annual vacation.

Honestly, was worried whether the car would move at all considering many feedbacks in this forum about handbrake! Point to note is - Car was parked with covers and with handbrake on, and not in any gear.

Removed the cover, started Polo, waited for about 2 minutes with engine on, moved into reverse gear... nope, no sound, no jerk, the car moved smoothly in reverse gear.

I can understand that to most of you this is not an update, but being a Polo owner and reading many updates in this forum (only!) I think this is worth sharing.

The car covers are quite good as I could hardly find any dust leaking onto the body. Finally, still could feel the effect of collinite : this is a wonderful product, thanks to Team-Bhp.

Last edited by AvonA7 : 25th November 2010 at 22:07.
Old 7th December 2010, 14:38   #116
BHPian

Default VW Workshop and Call Centre Survey

Got a call on behalf of VW for appointment to give my feedback on VW Dealer and Call Centre and on my Car. The survey was completed yesterday, it was a l o n g one and took approx. 25mins. to complete and the form had around 20 pages approx.

It was done by some third party organization.

Feedback from owners taken on basically the Workshop, SA, Call Centre.

Questions asked on the Professionalism, Behaviour, Effectiveness, Timeliness etc of the workshop.

Some questions are -

Problems faced in your new Car and if any, how was it resolved and with what promptness

Time spent on phone to finally able to speak with service advisor

Behavior of Workshop Personnel/SA

Cleanliness of the Workshop, How good is the waiting lounge and if any arrangements of TV, AC, Magazines, Drinking water

Billing/Invoice process of the workshop

Spare parts availability

Are you offered any test drive after resolution of your issue with technician

Commitment on delivery date and many more questions whatever one can think of

Questions asked also on the response from Call Centre (which I couldn't rate good as I called them only once and never received a call back even though I was told that somebody would get in touch with me within 48hrs)

The last page was related to JD Power and if JD Power influenced my decision in buying VW Polo - it wasn't the case with me.

May be Team-BHP would have been an appropriate addition here as there are 1000s of us getting influenced (+vely / -vely) on getting actual feedback from owners on almost all Cars on Indian Roads

Last edited by AvonA7 : 7th December 2010 at 14:40. Reason: Spelling
Old 9th December 2010, 14:55   #117
BHPian

Default Re: VW Workshop and Call Centre Survey

Quote:
Got a call on behalf of VW for appointment to give my feedback on VW Dealer and Call Centre and on my Car. The survey was completed yesterday, it was a l o n g one and took approx. 25mins. to complete and the form had around 20 pages approx.

It was done by some third party organization.

Feedback from owners taken on basically the Workshop, SA, Call Centre.

Questions asked on the Professionalism, Behaviour, Effectiveness, Timeliness etc of the workshop.

Some questions are -

Problems faced in your new Car and if any, how was it resolved and with what promptness

Time spent on phone to finally able to speak with service advisor

Behavior of Workshop Personnel/SA

Cleanliness of the Workshop, How good is the waiting lounge and if any arrangements of TV, AC, Magazines, Drinking water

Billing/Invoice process of the workshop

Spare parts availability

Are you offered any test drive after resolution of your issue with technician

Commitment on delivery date and many more questions whatever one can think of

Questions asked also on the response from Call Centre (which I couldn't rate good as I called them only once and never received a call back even though I was told that somebody would get in touch with me within 48hrs)

The last page was related to JD Power and if JD Power influenced my decision in buying VW Polo - it wasn't the case with me.

May be Team-BHP would have been an appropriate addition here as there are 1000s of us getting influenced (+vely / -vely) on getting actual feedback from owners on almost all Cars on Indian Roads
Glad to know you have been called...

I got called once when I was in a meeting. I told the lady to call me back on the hour since I had a lot to say to her. She never called after that.
Old 9th December 2010, 17:59   #118
BHPian

Default re: VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update

My petrol polo gave me FE of 14.2 km/l for last 1100 km. (600 km highway + 500 km pune city)

Brakes have started making little noise when you apply.

Rear right door tells its presence with rattle when moving on rough patch.

Rest all's fine.

What is experience of others?
CANPUSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2010, 19:26   #119
BHPian

Default re: VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Glad to know you have been called...

I got called once when I was in a meeting. I told the lady to call me back on the hour since I had a lot to say to her. She never called after that.
I am sure you`ll be getting a call for appointment soon as this is conducted by VW to collect feedback on their dealers.

The person who came to meet me, had a list given by VW. The list was having the contact name/mob. no/car regn. no of the car owners, also one column was having the details of the no. of visit to the showroom along with the problem status (if any).

EDIT : Had a glance at the list the representative was having and saw 3-4 cases of "car pulling left" mentioned in the list. I believe its a general issue to many Polos and not an isolated case.

Quote:
My petrol polo gave me FE of 14.2 km/l for last 1100 km. (600 km highway + 500 km pune city)
Great mileage you got.
My recent tank-full returned 13.42km/l with 75-25 city-h/w with 50% ac.

Quote:
Brakes have started making little noise when you apply.
Rear right door tells its presence with rattle when moving on rough patch.

Rest all's fine.

What is experience of others?
Last month, once I drove my car in approx. a feet of water, after that for a week or so, every morning when I used to start the car, a screeching noise used to come with movement of steering wheel and when applying brakes - but only for the first 100 mts or so, after that it used to vanish.
But after a week or so, it is gone and never appeared again - so may be because of driving the car in waterlogged street caused that.

As of now no rattle or any unwanted sound from car.
May be you can consider visiting the showroom once for a check up of your car.

Last edited by AvonA7 : 9th December 2010 at 19:30. Reason: addition
Old 9th December 2010, 19:34   #120
BHPian

Default Re: Some update

Quote:

Best way to avoid is not to pull the hand brake to its max., also alternatively car can be kept in gear (as mentioned by many bhpians).

Anyways, this is not a solution, more of a workaround.

[
This seems to be a common problem with all the VW's.

Even with my Jetta I have faced the same problem. Not pulling the handbrake to the max position does help sometimes.
Leaving the car in gear seems to be the best alternative here though.
veedub89 is offline   Reply With Quote