Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 17th August 2010, 13:29   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
I asked the junior executive how they isolated the problem, he said, they tried replacing the VMS box with a new one from another scorpio, then checked eacch cconnector indivdually So far the sound hasnt come. Lets hope for the best.
Best regards
and put that faulty box in the other scorpio, if not under warranty, then that poor fellow may have to pay for that box in his vehicle now.

Anyway, good to know that your problem is solved.
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 13:59   #32
BHPian

I don't think dealer will do that, they do check that way but they will put a new device in the new vehicle, have you heard of a anyone getting a new vehicle because the old one was faulty, I have seen that here in Nagpur with Mahindra, the guys got an AT and that AT failed twice even after replacement[2 times] and the guy got a brand new AT vehicle!!

-Pramod
pramods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 14:46   #33
BHPian

Hi Balan,

If it was a VMS problem, how come your temp needle was above halfway mark and you were getting metal smell with a lot of heat? Or, do you think that is normal heat, in hindsight?

I faced a very similar issue with my Indica Xeta. Engine temperature went above half mark and Check Engine light came on. Car stopped in the middle of the road and wouldn't start. After that I was able to drive it home in the night, after it had cooled down.

After much frustration and repeated visits, changing the temperature sensor fixed the problem. Cost me around 200 rupees. As it was under warranty, they tried all kinds of things () before changing the sensor. The thing they kept repeating is, they would use a laptop and literally "Delete" the error log. So the check engine light would go away! They actually did this in front of my eyes and expected me to believe that the problem is solved!

Finally an experienced service guy just came and replaced the sensor. Befor that, ALL the mechanics were saying it is a problem with the ECU! Its like they say "ECU problem" whenever they don't understand a problem. Just like people used to say "Virus" whenever something goes wrong with a computer.

Last edited by rajushank84 : 17th August 2010 at 14:54.
rajushank84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 23:55   #34
BHPian

hi all
update to the problem i faced
after an extensive observation over 2000 km (went to goa and came back) the voice alarm has not repeated again. The temp meter (electronic) always goes and stays put at one point above the half way mark. The old manual needle system was easy to observe. (i think Mahindra should indicate the eng / coolant temp on the dash board)

Other points to note
The auto wiper seems to be cool and working properly except when there is sloww rain or the drizzilies. It sometimes goes so fast wwhen the water from the roof or a tree comes falling on the windshield. They sshould have given 3 stage manual controller

Still havent had chance to use / test the cruise control as I wwent by train to Goa and my driver rode to Goa at a steady 80 to 90kmph

The turning radius seems smaller than the old scorpio or maybe being new, the powwer steering is handling well

Sometimes the AC is getting over cold, and the blower gets blocked. Once the ice gets melted, the blower blows again.

The clutch on / off system is a real pain is dead traffic (usually bumper to bumper traffic moving at 3 feet every 15 seconds). Those times, the engine turning off after stopping and restarting, that consumes more fuel than saving I think

All in all the vehicle seems to be in good shape and I expect to do some long drives to my guest house in mudumalai soon.
best regards and thanks everybody
bala
balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 09:56   #35
Senior - BHPian

Great Bala, you can now enjoy your new vehicle with peace of mind

All the best !
mooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2010, 15:56   #36
BHPian

Thx everybody
After 30 days and 5000 km this is the report

I should have titled the thread Senseless sensors
Recently on a trip to Sakleshpur, suddenly the tyre pressure sensor went off even though the meter showed 24.2 psi and there definetly was around 34 PSI in the tyre as my driver had just checked / filled air at a fuel station the previous day. It just kept on blaring and the orange light came on. Then I just pressed the reset switch and sound went off, but the light remained till wwe reached our destination. Next day after starting the engine, there was no indication of the tyre pressure alarm. Whlie returning the alarm came once and went off even though the actual tyre pressure was normal. The guy who comes from the dealer to do a home demo of the car did tell me that tyre pressure meter doesnt show exact tyre pressure as it is new technology and they (mahindra) still havent got it right.

I tried out the cruise control on the highways and it is bit trouble some to maintain it on our highways with all those lane cutting / slow speed moving vehicles on wrong lanes, etc But it is a real nice feature which can help in cutting my over speed tendency

One thing I noticed about the dealer was they repeatedly kept calling me to take a survey on the user experience at the dealership while the engine heat sensor problem was being solved. Once the problem was diagnosed and solved, they called again. I said i wont take a survey but they said they needed it to do internal appraisals and stuff. Finally out of frustration, I gave a -10 and cut the phone. Immediately their service person called, the sales person called, tried cajoling me and since I was in middle of busy travel schedules, agreed to take the survey again and closed it. Next day, the Mahindra team called for another survey. Now I knoww why the dealership wwas so keen on getting a satisfied reply on the survey. Crazy guys.
Old 12th September 2010, 16:11   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

@balan: The tyre pressue sensor has gone bonkers once on my Scorpio as well and it was very annoying as the buzzer kept coming back on over and over for a while. Eventually it *self healed* and started working normally.
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2010, 23:06   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@balan: The tyre pressue sensor has gone bonkers once on my Scorpio as well and it was very annoying as the buzzer kept coming back on over and over for a while. Eventually it *self healed* and started working normally.
Just press the reset button (the right side button in the instrument cluster panel) and the sound will go off but the lights remain being a distraction on driving. Doesnt allow peace of mind
best regards
bala
Old 11th November 2010, 00:15   #39
BHPian

11000 km report
Quite a few long trips to Goa, Hyderabad, Mudumalai, local bangalore school
It is still senseless sensors ruling
The fule meter gives a warning even when three points are showing and sometimes doesnt give a warning till the meter shows one point where in it is actually less than one point. Instead of the small points / increments, mahindra should have used digital meter (fule in liters), temprature in centigrade. Would have saved all the trouble.

I have this problem with the AC though
The AC duct gest blocked with ICE or sometheng when the AC is running and air doesnt blow out. So I then have to switch off the AC while keep the fan running and then the ice melts (you can feel the water driping on your feet) and air starts blowing out
Any remedy for this?
Best regards
Bala