Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 2nd October 2010, 13:49   #61
Senior - BHPian

@devarshi, congrats on the Jazz.
How do you find the front seat comfort and thigh support. Front seats of Jazz appeared to me a bit short (less thigh support) esp in relation to the ANHC when I checked out both cars back to back.
lancer_rit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 15:08   #62
Senior - BHPian

@lancer rit: The front seat comfort is really good. Even the thighs and lower back gets good support. The seats are firm too. But the fabric is delicate and I am looking to get seat covers. I cannot say how they compare to ANHC since I haven't taken note of the same.

4200kms update

1. The Honda Emblem at the front has caught the eye of an arsonist/thief. The &*(^* broke it in the process. I see that the emblem gives the front a nice look and hence i will have to shell out the money to get it replaced.

2. The alloy wheels finally got fitted yesterday. The steel now go into the lancer along with new 15" tyres until 25K when I get alloys. I asked them to forego the rear parcel shelf and so I got the alloys for 8500.

3. The doors don't shut with the same assurance as in the lancer. Also something vibrates near the front seat belt holder when going over rough road patches.

4. The vipers are not good and leave water on the windscreen when going back into the place in front of the passenger windscreen. Don't know if its a fault or a defect.

Rest everything is good and I am enjoying the car.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 22:30   #63
Senior - BHPian

the front seat comfort seems fine then given you have already racked up 4500km and experienced it. Probably, the ANHC has super-comfy front seats :-)

As for the door not closing with a thud, the Jazz build quality is (atleast) better than the ANHC. The ANHC door feels lighter, and tbhpian shazikon showed me that the front door flexes by 2 inches or more if you press it in the middle with your hand after rolling down the window - the metal flexes and the plastic flexes. The Lancer is way ahead in build quality and robustness!
Old 20th October 2010, 22:44   #64
Senior - BHPian

We need pictures of your ride with the new alloys Devarshi! Still not sure which one's did you select out of the pictures of the alloys you posted earlier.
9thsphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2010, 00:05   #65
Senior - BHPian

Yes, the seat comfort is excellent but the seat fabric is very delicate and tears of easily. Frankly, I have no experience with ANHC so will not comment.

I have felt the same. I could deform the door body with just little pressure of my palm. lancer is definitely better.

But Lancer definitely lacks insulation which Jazz has in loads. NVH was one of my priorities and I am happy Jazz is insulated like a vaccumed brick wall.

@9thsphinx: Will do soon. what about your car though?
Old 22nd October 2010, 01:04   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
But Lancer definitely lacks insulation which Jazz has in loads. NVH was one of my priorities and I am happy Jazz is insulated like a vaccumed brick wall.
Yes, the noise from tyres and air does filter in. Putting on Michelin MXV8 reduced tyre noise a good bit. I also have Wurth mats on the floor and engine firewall area, so its much better. Haven't touched the doors though.
Old 22nd October 2010, 11:49   #67
Senior - BHPian

Can you upload a picture of the engine firewall area insulation?

I use Michelin XM1+ and the tyres are pretty silent but soft. Surprisingly Honda provided me with Michelin Xm1 and not xm1+.
Old 23rd October 2010, 01:03   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately, I didn't take any when it was done. Actually, your dashboard needs to be removed, to be able to do this insulation - there is already one layer of insulation in place.
Do you get more engine noise then ? Or wind noise ?

Quote:
I use Michelin XM1+ and the tyres are pretty silent but soft. Surprisingly Honda provided me with Michelin Xm1 and not xm1+.
Yes, OEMs never put 'expensive' tyres. Honda must have got a good deal on XM1 from Michelin. Usually, OEM tyres are crappy because they are the cheapest the car manufacturer can buy (or pretty much close to it). However, Michelin XM1 is much better than S322, S248 or even Goodyear NCT5

Last edited by lancer_rit : 23rd October 2010 at 01:04.
Old 23rd October 2010, 11:49   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Ditto. I specifically asked for Michelin's and I've been provided XM1's too. Did you upgrade to XM1+ from the dealer? What was the damage?
9thsphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2010, 13:56   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Ditto. I specifically asked for Michelin's and I've been provided XM1's too. Did you upgrade to XM1+ from the dealer? What was the damage?
I got xm1+ on my lancer. Upgraded from XM1. They are expensive since the prices soared in the last few months. The Jazz still runs on xm1's

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Unfortunately, I didn't take any when it was done. Actually, your dashboard needs to be removed, to be able to do this insulation - there is already one layer of insulation in place.
Do you get more engine noise then ? Or wind noise ?

Yes, OEMs never put 'expensive' tyres. Honda must have got a good deal on XM1 from Michelin. Usually, OEM tyres are crappy because they are the cheapest the car manufacturer can buy (or pretty much close to it). However, Michelin XM1 is much better than S322, S248 or even Goodyear NCT5
How much does it cost? I do feel the wind noise and engine noise to peek in at times. Road noise is absent though.
Old 25th October 2010, 10:37   #71
Senior - BHPian

Update: My car has just been sent for its second service. A new Honda emblem will set me back by 160 rupees.

But the shocker is that Honda will charge me for the oil and consumables. This is supposed to be my second free service at 4500 kilometers. I do not remember paying for the same at Mitsubishi or Maruti. Am I forgetting the facts or is Honda really ripping the customers in the name of warranty?
Old 25th October 2010, 11:08   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update: My car has just been sent for its second service. A new Honda emblem will set me back by 160 rupees.

But the shocker is that Honda will charge me for the oil and consumables. This is supposed to be my second free service at 4500 kilometers. I do not remember paying for the same at Mitsubishi or Maruti. Am I forgetting the facts or is Honda really ripping the customers in the name of warranty?
This is true for all companies. Unless you pay something extra for an AMC, oil and consumables are always charged in 'free' service but no cost for labour etc.
Keep us posted about the service and the total cost. Any issues/niggles to be fixed?
My service is due in the next couple of weeks' time.

Last edited by adimicra : 25th October 2010 at 11:10.
adimicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2010, 13:32   #73
BHPian

Quote:

A New Honda emblem for Rs. 160. That is a reasonable price . I thought that emblem cost was around 2-3K. In last week whenever i parked the car i was always worried if someone takes the emblem off from my car. But now i can park peacefully as can spend 160 for the emblem.
scrooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2010, 14:04   #74
Senior - BHPian

But how about 8500 for a minor dent that I can punch and get back into place?

How about charging for oil and consumables in the second service itself?

Honda said they are giving equivalent warranty standards compared to other brands. That too for a car that is overpriced. I wonder how hard it is to understand that selling a car is not about sales only but aftersales also.

All I can say is, I was probably right about Honda before I bought the Jazz. They suck,
Old 25th October 2010, 14:11   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How about charging for oil and consumables in the second service itself?
I am not too happy with Honda A.S.S. (as I have mentioned in my thread) but blaming Honda for charging for consumables in 'free' service is not right as every company does that. May I know which manufacturer does not do that?
adimicra is offline   Reply With Quote