Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 25th October 2010, 14:57   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post

How about charging for oil and consumables in the second service itself?
Well, for the record, Bajaj charges for oil and consumables and so does Maruti and Hyundai. Been there done that.

Charging oil and consumables during free service is not new for me. So i am not surprised when they charged you for the same.

160 rupees for emblem is good. Its more or less the same price in market.

8500 rupees for dent fix is a bit much, but if you opt for insurance, i guess you would end up paying Rs. 2k or so. Did you opt for the same?
chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2010, 16:33   #77
Senior - BHPian

I will fix the dent inhouse. Just needs a punch from the backside. It cannot really be called a dent. Even 500 rupees is too much for the job.

About charging for oil and consumables, I do not remember paying it at Cama Motors for my lancer and for Maruti WagonR at Kataria Automobiles.

Additionally now that every car maker is providing a cashless warranty, I definitely think Honda was always bonkers. I just joined the party and let them rip me.
devarshi84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2010, 18:47   #78
BHPian

I think I've always paid for consumables whether it was my Maruti or Santro during the free service. So there is no need to despair.I have however found the Honda service very personalised and good till now.
amit162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2010, 19:28   #79
Senior - BHPian

I am aware of only GM proving cashless ownership for 3 years.
No other company is providing that to my knowledge. If you want to go for cashless, then you have to buy AMC. For ex, VW charges 15-20K odd for 3 years AMC if I recollect correctly. I would be eager to know which company is providing cashless facilities FOC.

I have always paid for oil and consumables for my Santro. So, if Honda is ripping us (customers), that's true for almost all the other companies as well
adimicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2010, 19:56   #80
akp
BHPian

Quote:
But how about 8500 for a minor dent that I can punch and get back into place?
During one of our outstation trips, my jazz got a kiss from a truck and this was the result:
Name:  20100613065.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  49.0 KB

Got it repaired at the Honda workshop, and it is back to its original state (don't have a photo after the repair); the denting work plus the paint job cost me 3500/- (In fact it is the paint job that constitutes the larger proportion in this, because they had to paint the whole quarter panel). So if they are charging 8500/- for something minor, time to try a different dealership, or perhaps contact Honda with a picture and verify if they are quoting the correct rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I am not too happy with Honda A.S.S. (as I have mentioned in my thread)...
I, on the other hand, have so far been reasonably happy with their service so far. But it is perhaps not difficult to see why. Our expectations are different - in your case, your other car is/was a Hyundai, whereas in my case it is a Fiat!
akp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2010, 20:35   #81
Senior - BHPian

Is a reasonable price for you looking at the damage. Mine is like a minor depression in the metal with a 1.0 inch diameter on the left side.

My only point is, After charging so much for their car (no doubt It lives up to the price minus the build quality and lack of various necessary features) and providing with a 4 year warranty, why is the consumer supposed to pay for consumables in the second service itself?

What use is the 4 years warranty then?
Old 25th October 2010, 22:20   #82
Senior - BHPian

I bought an i20 in Aug 09 and Hyundai also charged for all consumables from the 2nd Service onwards..
AbhiJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2010, 23:14   #83
Senior - BHPian

I called Honda one2one and they said nothing can be done. So I intend to close this issue here.

The car has been serviced nicely. The Service center people collect and drop off the car. Something Cama or Autonova Mitsubishi never did. So I will consider that as a small compensation.
Old 26th October 2010, 09:52   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I called Honda one2one and they said nothing can be done. So I intend to close this issue here.

The car has been serviced nicely. The Service center people collect and drop off the car. Something Cama or Autonova Mitsubishi never did. So I will consider that as a small compensation.
So I am sure you've already discussed and debated the same with the authorities at the dealership. Chargeable consumables could have come as a surprise to me too, although I didn't really bother to check with the Civic's 'free' service and it records. Or how and what they charged me for the Hyundai service too. But I am sure I must have been charged one way or the other. Nothing is really free in this world! The pick-up and drop-off facility is being provided by Honda since their first launch - the Honda City. Nothing new there.
9thsphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 12:43   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
So I am sure you've already discussed and debated the same with the authorities at the dealership. Chargeable consumables could have come as a surprise to me too, although I didn't really bother to check with the Civic's 'free' service and it records. Or how and what they charged me for the Hyundai service too. But I am sure I must have been charged one way or the other. Nothing is really free in this world! The pick-up and drop-off facility is being provided by Honda since their first launch - the Honda City. Nothing new there.
Free pick up and drop off facility is just a result of competition. Before Emerald people came in Landmark was not providing this service. Even Infinum Toyota is not providing this service at present.

I am also not aware of any chargeable consumables being charged at Ladnmark - at least during my 7 years ownership of 1G Honda City. For present scenario I will have to wait for 2nd service. At least in the first free service no such charge was levied.

Last edited by rutvij : 27th October 2010 at 12:45.
rutvij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 13:26   #86
Senior - BHPian

Comparison of dealer quality is tough since they differ citywise but I will definitely add one thing here.

If I were the owner of Autonova Mitsubishi, I would shut shop and never touch a car again with a stick.

Emerald Honda is definitely better. The charge for consumables is mostly nitpicking. Yes, they definitely need to be good at follow up though.

Sad, that in India once the car is sold, sales people vanish like K-lal.
Old 3rd November 2010, 00:01   #87
Senior - BHPian

Firstly, I recently had a weird experience with my car. I was supposed to pickup my dad from the airport. The fuel light came up halfway and dipped quickly to 21kms. Had time to kill at the airport so went to get the gas filled. After getting gas for 300rs, the DTE showed 16kms. Again at the airport it came to 9kms and I thought I was duped for 300rs. I further found another gas station and filled another 200rs worth of gas but the DTE showed 3 kms. Reached home safely. Next day filled the tank to full. The 500rs worth of gas was in there.

Secondly, I have recently found that All four windows rattle when rolled down by an inch.

Thirdly, Opened the bonnet only to find that the bonnet support was not in place after the service. Negligence?
Old 3rd November 2010, 10:27   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Firstly, I recently had a weird experience with my car. I was supposed to pickup my dad from the airport. The fuel light came up halfway and dipped quickly to 21kms. Had time to kill at the airport so went to get the gas filled. After getting gas for 300rs, the DTE showed 16kms. Again at the airport it came to 9kms and I thought I was duped for 300rs. I further found another gas station and filled another 200rs worth of gas but the DTE showed 3 kms. Reached home safely. Next day filled the tank to full. The 500rs worth of gas was in there.

Secondly, I have recently found that All four windows rattle when rolled down by an inch.

Thirdly, Opened the bonnet only to find that the bonnet support was not in place after the service. Negligence?
Did these problems crop up after the service was done? Maybe the electronic fuel gauge malfunctioned randomly? I tried out rolling the windows down as you said. No rattle there. The bonnet support negligence is a a little too much. I was recently told by someone I know that the service @ Emerald was inferior than what Landmark had to offer. Strictly in terms of comparison though. I kind of now see why. I still haven't had my share of experience of the service. Will update when that happens!
9thsphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2010, 15:27   #89
BHPian

Quote:
i think the windows don't rattle but if the windows are down by inch or two then there is lot of air noise and also the handling of the car is not as good when all the windows are rolled up.
scrooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2010, 15:38   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrooze View Post
also the handling of the car is not as good when all the windows are rolled up.
Can you plz clarify on this? I did not understand what you meant. What has handling got to do with the windows up/down?
adimicra is offline   Reply With Quote