Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 18th March 2011, 02:40   #331
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: VW Polo 1.6 - Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post

That looks like the XF-R to me Look at the headlamps.
Yes I think you are right. I had seen a white XKR at 4S before hence assumed it to be the same without checking out the picture properly.

BTW I dont think there is a remap for the 1.2 petrol. But I will look around.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2011, 09:43   #332
BHPian

Angry Re: VW Polo 1.6 - Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
BTW I dont think there is a remap for the 1.2 petrol. But I will look around.
There is no re-map for the Petrol 1.6 VW Polo.
I have looked & found nothing...
BHAGWAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2011, 12:17   #333
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The seats are looking beautiful and the interiors have totally transformed. But, not doing the rear seats in the same leather looks very odd IMO. Think about it.
Seconded.

Quote:
That looks like the XF-R to me Look at the headlamps.
Oops. It didn't occur to me that it could have been the XF-R! Just guessed by looking at the wheels!

About the re-map, I'm not sure if it's available. But you can check. I'm sure you can get it done somewhere.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2011, 18:01   #334
BHPian

Angry Re: VW Polo 1.6 - Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
About the re-map, I'm not sure if it's available. But you can check. I'm sure you can get it done somewhere.
Any help in this regard shall be truly appreciated.
I am unable to find any one that can re-map the MM [Magnet Marelli] ECU - Made in India !!

Rear Seats to do - will consider - shall act on it after I can get the 'important' things done - Brakes / Suspension / ECM etc.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo 1.6 - Ownership Report-vw-seats-custom-javed-national-seat-polo-17.03.2011.jpg-6.jpg  

VW Polo 1.6 - Ownership Report-vw-seats-custom-javed-national-seat-polo-17.03.2011.jpg-5.jpg  

VW Polo 1.6 - Ownership Report-vw-seats-custom-javed-national-seat-polo-17.03.2011.jpg-2.jpg  

BHAGWAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 19:08   #335
BHPian

Exclamation VW Polo 1.6 - 1st Service

All,

Has any of the 1.6 owners gone for the 1st sevice of their Polo 1.6? I am nearing the 1st service mark and would need to go in within the next 1 month or so.
Would like to get your 1st hand experience and views on the service experience, cost etc.
1.2 Petrol /Diesel service experience are also welcome.

Druring my last visit to the workshop to get the Bonnet painted (under warranty due to paint chipping off), I enquired with the front desk lady and she quoted some Rs 11,000 as the estimated cost for 1st service. I was so shocked that I forgot to ask for a breakup of the cost.
What has been your experience? Is there a separate thread for Polo ASS?

Requesting all to please share your experience and views.
sadnabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2011, 00:35   #336
BHPian

Default Re: VW Polo 1.6 - 1st Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
All,

Has any of the 1.6 owners gone for the 1st sevice of their Polo 1.6? I am nearing the 1st service mark and would need to go in within the next 1 month or so.
Would like to get your 1st hand experience and views on the service experience, cost etc.
1.2 Petrol /Diesel service experience are also welcome.

Druring my last visit to the workshop to get the Bonnet painted (under warranty due to paint chipping off), I enquired with the front desk lady and she quoted some Rs 11,000 as the estimated cost for 1st service. I was so shocked that I forgot to ask for a breakup of the cost.
What has been your experience? Is there a separate thread for Polo ASS?

Requesting all to please share your experience and views.
Welcome to my nightmare, sadnabrina...

I still have time until September/October, so I have been trying very hard not to remember it.

11K is excessive for first service.

Please see this post in Chethan B. G.'s thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2157206). Chethan was first to use VW service in Bangalore and it came to only Rs. 7,188 that too for diesel which usually costs more. So ours should at most be equal to that, and should really be less.

I remember Chethan saying that he felt he didn't get ripped off because he had the AMC. But later there was a dispute with the dealer because the AMC he took was for 1.2 Petrol. However this was resolved in his case as VW & the dealer decided to honor the existing AMC for his 1.2 Diesel without charging anything extra.

If you are forthcoming, let us put some pressure to get the 3/4 year AMC for the 1.6. That way we can sleep easy for up to 5 years from purchase.

3-year / 45K kms AMC for Petrol 1.2 was Rs. 19,900 when Chethan bought it (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1985886).

By the way, I already told VW Corporate that they should have something like Maruti MASS since dealers are more focused on sales rather than service due to the better margins.

But knowing German cars, please do expect service to cost more. From what I understand, 3rd service does cost around 12K.

Let me know if you need me to join with you to obtain the AMC for the Polo 1.6. I also want to get an extended warranty (costs 5K for Petrol 1.2) before the 2 years are up.

Last edited by nowwhat? : 2nd April 2011 at 00:53.
nowwhat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2011, 11:31   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
But knowing German cars, please do expect service to cost more. From what I understand, 3rd service does cost around 12K.

Let me know if you need me to join with you to obtain the AMC for the Polo 1.6. I also want to get an extended warranty (costs 5K for Petrol 1.2) before the 2 years are up.
Thanks nowwhat?.
Will ask the VW guys for a breakup of the 1st service cost and the AMC before going in. Will post the details once I get them.
Old 7th April 2011, 18:54   #338
Senior - BHPian

Arrow Re: VW Polo 1.6 - Ownership Report

I am also interested in Extended warranty. Count me in for all your plans...
Chethan B G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2011, 19:30   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
I am also interested in Extended warranty. Count me in for all your plans...
The dealer's response on AMC was not at all optimistic. The rep initially said that AMC can be bought only during or within a 20 day period after purchase. After a lot of persuation the rep said he will talk to his seniors and get back to me. I am yet to get a call from him. Will try to reach him tomorrow once again.
Old 7th April 2011, 19:41   #340

hey sadnabrina, i had been following your thread extensively although i was convinced that the polo 1.6 is going to be my first car a while back. I booked my car yesterday and expecting delivery on Monday. Looking forward to it, any advice on details i should be looking out for at the time of delivery. Thanks alot.
aaron.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2011, 22:51   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Are you 100% sure? Just checking with you, because when I last inquired at the dealership here in Pune, few weeks back about the AMC of Polo 1.2, I was told no such information available to them (dealership).

Please confirm.

===========================

@Bhagwan : The seat looks fantastic and personally I liked the colour, it looks great ( I have seen this same colour in one 2 seater Merc here in T-BHP only but don't remember the name of the thread). One observation though - last pic in your post #334 - the steering seems to be tilted slightly (say ~5 degree toward left side), I suppose the pic is taken with engine switched off. Is it so?

Last edited by AvonA7 : 7th April 2011 at 23:01. Reason: addition
AvonA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2011, 15:35   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Are you 100% sure? Just checking with you, because when I last inquired at the dealership here in Pune, few weeks back about the AMC of Polo 1.2, I was told no such information available to them (dealership).

Please confirm.
AvonA7: I am not sure about the price of the extended warranty at all. IIRC I thought I saw one of the early buyers (maybe poloman or Chethan B. G.) mention 5K for the Petrol 1.2.

sadnabrina: What the dealer is saying is nonsense. For starters, if the AMC was available when we got our car, how come Chethan got into trouble when he went for his first service? Around the time that Chethan went, a number of Polo owners complained that their dealer did not have VW pricing for Tdi AMC. Ergo, how do you buy a service that was (is?) not available?

By the way, does anyone know how much it costs to get the rear bumper replaced? Do you think it is better I buy it from the VW dealer and get it painted and installed outside?

Thanks,
nowwhat?
Old 8th April 2011, 17:41   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron.d View Post
hey sadnabrina, i had been following your thread extensively although i was convinced that the polo 1.6 is going to be my first car a while back. I booked my car yesterday and expecting delivery on Monday. Looking forward to it, any advice on details i should be looking out for at the time of delivery. Thanks alot.
Good choice aaron. You will definitely enjoy the ride.
If you want please go through the pre delivery checklist in this forum. Do a PDI yourself before they prepare the car for delivery.

Quote:
sadnabrina: What the dealer is saying is nonsense. For starters, if the AMC was available when we got our car, how come Chethan got into trouble when he went for his first service? Around the time that Chethan went, a number of Polo owners complained that their dealer did not have VW pricing for Tdi AMC. Ergo, how do you buy a service that was (is?) not available?
AMC was not available during the delivery and within the next 20 days. Thus our cars cannot get AMC. That is what the dealer is trying to say. I will try to visit the showroom tomorrow to follow it up.

Quote:
By the way, does anyone know how much it costs to get the rear bumper replaced? Do you think it is better I buy it from the VW dealer and get it painted and installed outside?
The dealer would charge something around 3.5K to 4K for painting of the bumper + the cost of bumper (I am not sure about the bumper cost).
Old 8th April 2011, 22:36   #344

Cheers bro, thanks alot. Everyone here is so friendly and knowledgeable, i feel honoured to be inducted into this community, learning things every day.
aaron.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2011, 00:14   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
AMC was not available during the delivery and within the next 20 days. Thus our cars cannot get AMC. That is what the dealer is trying to say. I will try to visit the showroom tomorrow to follow it up.
Pls give me the definitive word from your dealer as I don't buy your (I mean "their") argument.

I am planning to escalate this.

I definitely need the 4-year AMC & Extended warranty.