Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2006, 09:27   #151
BHPian
 
RacingForIndia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 474
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Congrats Kashd. The 1.6 is a fantastic option. How much are they charging for the rear spoiler? The guys back here have no idea and say it would cost anything between 5-8 K.
RacingForIndia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2006, 17:43   #152
Senior - BHPian
 
suman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 257 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia
Congrats Kashd. The 1.6 is a fantastic option. How much are they charging for the rear spoiler? The guys back here have no idea and say it would cost anything between 5-8 K.
6.2k is what they told me in Delhi.

Kashd, did you go in for a ABS option?

If anyone has booked a ABS 1.6 sxi, please share your experience in terms of promised delivery dates? I was speaking to Ford India this afternoon and I get the impression that all dealers have over-committed on the waiting period.
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2006, 18:09   #153
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,700
Thanked: 89,133 Times
Default

Note from the Admin : Please stick to the topic being discussed. Other queries can be discussed in a separate thread
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2006, 22:18   #154
BHPian
 
tsxei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 164
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas
Hello all,
Here are some pictures of Fiesta. Hope the owner is not member of this forum. Yesterday night I saw this parked in my friend's aptmt. complex. He took these for me. One thing I need to tell you, it looks gorgeous.






Thanks. Looks much better than I expected. I love it.
tsxei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2006, 21:07   #155
BHPian
 
RacingForIndia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 474
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

FE figures for "Overdrive" Mag Test Drives:
1.4 EXI
City: 12.23
Highway: 22.3
Overall: 14.74 (75% city + 25% highway)

1.6 SXI
City: 11.63
Highway: 19.63
Overall: 13.63 (75% city + 25% highway)

1.4 ZXI (TDCI)
City: 13.28
Highway: 21.23
Overall: 15.27 (75% city + 25% highway)

My sources have said that a couple of 1.6 owners have claimed that they get 14.15 kmpl in city (PUNE) which is very impressive.
RacingForIndia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2006, 21:48   #156
Senior - BHPian
 
lamborghini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,634
Thanked: 1,262 Times
Default

Hmm,
the orange colour actually looks better then it sounds.
We have booked a silver Fiesta 1.4 TDCiand for it's price, it's infinetly better then the Accent.
Even if the car gives us 12kmpl i am happy. It will cut down our petrol bills by almost 50% which is quite a big amount.
Delivery is between 26th and 29th.
lamborghini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2006, 11:49   #157
Senior - BHPian
 
abhibh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Posts: 2,767
Thanked: 33 Times
Default



Do they even know how to drive ? Or do they drive in 2nd and 3rd gear.

LOL man. I have got fiesta TDCi now and it makes me laugh. Giving a FE of around 22 without AC (very Cold) in city limits. 80% driving in 5th gear. I switch to 5th gear at 55 - 60.

once more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia
FE figures for "Overdrive" Mag Test Drives:
1.4 EXI
City: 12.23
Highway: 22.3
Overall: 14.74 (75% city + 25% highway)

1.6 SXI
City: 11.63
Highway: 19.63
Overall: 13.63 (75% city + 25% highway)

1.4 ZXI (TDCI)
City: 13.28
Highway: 21.23
Overall: 15.27 (75% city + 25% highway)

My sources have said that a couple of 1.6 owners have claimed that they get 14.15 kmpl in city (PUNE) which is very impressive.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2006, 12:08   #158
Senior - BHPian
 
amitoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 2,954
Thanked: 1,591 Times
Default

Yeah i see that orange fiesta very often. By the way, is it just me or does anyone else also think that those wheels could have been a tad bigger? The empty space in the wheel arch seems to be begging for that! And that muscular looking flare above the wheel only accentuates that feeling.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2006, 14:05   #159
Senior - BHPian
 
suman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 257 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh


Do they even know how to drive ? Or do they drive in 2nd and 3rd gear.

LOL man. I have got fiesta TDCi now and it makes me laugh. Giving a FE of around 22 without AC (very Cold) in city limits. 80% driving in 5th gear. I switch to 5th gear at 55 - 60.

once more.
Abhibh, saw in another post that you waited one & a half months for the ABS. You mean you booked early december & just got delivery? So it looks like my dealer wasn't b***sh*****g when he said there were a shortage of ABS kits. As I was telling Lambo, I've had to change my color option to get delivery and I'm still waiting, its been a month now!
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2006, 16:25   #160
BHPian
 
goldie_malhotra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 757
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh


Do they even know how to drive ? Or do they drive in 2nd and 3rd gear.

LOL man. I have got fiesta TDCi now and it makes me laugh. Giving a FE of around 22 without AC (very Cold) in city limits. 80% driving in 5th gear. I switch to 5th gear at 55 - 60.

once more.
Whoa !!! 80% driving in 5th gear - and that too which you switch to around 55-60 - aint that almost like driving on a highway.
I wish i lived in a city like that
where is "near your heart" exactly ??

Back to the point, since your driving habits seem almost like what anybody would term as highway driving - Isnt your figure of 22 kmpl very close to ACI's figure of 22.3
In most indian cities, most of us are stuck in the 2nd or 3rd gear most of the times, so the city average is bound to be much lower.

btw, congrats on your new car - have fun

Last edited by goldie_malhotra : 18th January 2006 at 16:27.
goldie_malhotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2006, 10:43   #161
Senior - BHPian
 
abhibh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Posts: 2,767
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Hi,

I live in Chandigarh and i am light footed driver so 22 without ac is i think acceptable coz dealer was saying 22 with ac.


Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
Whoa !!! 80% driving in 5th gear - and that too which you switch to around 55-60 - aint that almost like driving on a highway.
I wish i lived in a city like that
where is "near your heart" exactly ??

Back to the point, since your driving habits seem almost like what anybody would term as highway driving - Isnt your figure of 22 kmpl very close to ACI's figure of 22.3
In most indian cities, most of us are stuck in the 2nd or 3rd gear most of the times, so the city average is bound to be much lower.

btw, congrats on your new car - have fun
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2006, 11:24   #162
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,834
Thanked: 1,503 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh
80% driving in 5th gear. I switch to 5th gear at 55 - 60.
Good for economy, but you'd better look up prices for replacement clutch bearings and maybe plates as well.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2006, 11:41   #163
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,953
Thanked: 15,641 Times
Default

why??
I always switch to 5th at around 50kmph. 60000kms and original clutch and bearings etc., are doing fine. Unless you half clutch, your plates should last 70-80000 kms.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2006, 14:58   #164
BHPian
 
RacingForIndia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 474
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Mine is 1.4 petrol and as of now its giving me 8-9 KMPL (its just two days old anyways). I thought the 1.4 Deisel KMPL was reported in negative light, but posted it anyways.
RacingForIndia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2006, 15:11   #165
Senior - BHPian
 
Surprise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,299
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Good for economy, but you'd better look up prices for replacement clutch bearings and maybe plates as well.
That was shocking. I always switch to 5th gear, when I hit 40's (infact when the road is clear to pass through) & gradually move on to max of 60's or 70's.

Badly needs a change in driving style
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Driven & Compared : The Fluidic Hyundai Verna and The New Ford Fiesta dhanushs Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 37 8th October 2011 19:32
Ford Fiesta Test Driven ghodlur Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 74 16th November 2009 14:31
Urgent! Ford Fiesta Diesel, Logan Diesel vs Hyndai Verna Diesel Zahir Sedans 3 26th May 2008 10:37
Ford Fiesta 1.6 Test Driven Rehaan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 0 10th February 2006 05:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks