Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd March 2006, 17:18   #211
BHPian

completed driving 1.6 zxi for 1500 KM. It is extremely smooth ride. Not checked fuel efficiency so far . Will do that after first service. Faced some prob after reverse extreme turn of wheels. There is some sound coming from wheel age while making it straight. Informed ford and they will check today. So far very satisfied.....
kashd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2006, 22:49   #212
BHPian

Thumbs down

I was checking out the Ford India website and i was shocked to see no details about it at all or is there any other official website?
sridhar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2006, 23:34   #213
Senior - BHPian

Yes. there is a whole new website dedicated to fiesta. http://www.fordfiesta.in.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2006, 17:05   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24
I was checking out the Ford India website and i was shocked to see no details about it at all or is there any other official website?
what you are looking for at the website ? Specs and other details are there in the website as mentioned by abhi.
Old 4th March 2006, 20:08   #215
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,
Test drove the Fiesta 1.6 ZXi, extensively yesterday. Drove it on an empty stretch, braking at high speed, crashing through typical indian potholes, the car took it all with aplomb. The car feels safe and solid, the acceleration is good but the part throttle response wasnt as good as i expected. The interiors are reasonably roomy and general quality of the dashboard and plastics is OK, not impressive on a car that costs almost 8 lakhs. I must mention though, the quality of the door pad plastic was awful, to put it in perspective is was geometry box plastic!
I took the car on the greater noida expressway and gave it the stick and i must say, i came back grinning ear to ear. The stabilty and noise at speeds upto 130 Kph were awesome. The acceleration and flat out performance with three people on board and AC on was extremely satisfying. The ride at low speeds is a little stiff, and it does jiggle the passengers a little bit, but that improves tremendously as speeds built up, the cabin noise is low and remains muted even when going through typical indian pothled roads, its a wonderful highway car. A special mention must be made of the gearshift... extremely precise, crisp, light and delighfully short throw. I stood on the brakes which were equipped with ABS at around 100 kph and car came to a stop in a straight line, without any drama at all... very very impressive. The equipment levels are good, power everything, alloys, ABS, 6 CD Changer, steering wheel adjustment, height adjustment for the driver seat.
The thing that stood out during the testdrive was how one-with-the car i was feeling after driving it for few kms.
Overall a very nice and well engineered car. The plastic quality could have been better and looks are too conservative, ford probably has played safe here. It already looks dated when standing next to the new Honda City ZX.
Will i buy it over the honda city if had the money, OH YES!
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2006, 11:41   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque
Hi Guys,
Test drove the Fiesta 1.6 ZXi, extensively yesterday. Drove it on an empty stretch, braking at high speed, crashing through typical indian potholes, the car took it all with aplomb. The car feels safe and solid, the acceleration is good but the part throttle response wasnt as good as i expected. The interiors are reasonably roomy and general quality of the dashboard and plastics is OK, not impressive on a car that costs almost 8 lakhs. I must mention though, the quality of the door pad plastic was awful, to put it in perspective is was geometry box plastic!
I took the car on the greater noida expressway and gave it the stick and i must say, i came back grinning ear to ear. The stabilty and noise at speeds upto 130 Kph were awesome. The acceleration and flat out performance with three people on board and AC on was extremely satisfying. The ride at low speeds is a little stiff, and it does jiggle the passengers a little bit, but that improves tremendously as speeds built up, the cabin noise is low and remains muted even when going through typical indian pothled roads, its a wonderful highway car. A special mention must be made of the gearshift... extremely precise, crisp, light and delighfully short throw. I stood on the brakes which were equipped with ABS at around 100 kph and car came to a stop in a straight line, without any drama at all... very very impressive. The equipment levels are good, power everything, alloys, ABS, 6 CD Changer, steering wheel adjustment, height adjustment for the driver seat.
The thing that stood out during the testdrive was how one-with-the car i was feeling after driving it for few kms.
Overall a very nice and well engineered car. The plastic quality could have been better and looks are too conservative, ford probably has played safe here. It already looks dated when standing next to the new Honda City ZX.
Will i buy it over the honda city if had the money, OH YES!
Mate, good test drive impressions but I think you checked out the SXI if it had alloys and the 6CD changer; the ZXI does not have alloys and has a single CD system....and costs a lot less than 8 lacs (even the SXI is cheaper than 8)
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2006, 17:07   #217
BHPian

zxi cost around Rs 7.1 lacs. It must be sxi. Yes plastics are not very impressive but with teflon coating it may be improved a bit. VFM absolutely great and that what matters.
Old 6th March 2006, 17:14   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashd
zxi cost around Rs 7.1 lacs. It must be sxi. Yes plastics are not very impressive but with teflon coating it may be improved a bit. VFM absolutely great and that what matters.
If it was the sxi, I think the plastics are pretty good by themselves...? Not to mention the leather upholstery & the subtle touch with the all-round brushed aluminium finish
Old 6th March 2006, 17:35   #219
BHPian

Yes sxi interiors are good with all leather upholstery. But the cost over zxi works out to be more expensive than if done separately. Like you may take the cost of zxi and built up adding alloys, good MP3 player (6 cd changer is of no use these days), 2 tone upholstery instead of limited colour options of ford etc etc and still save money.
Old 6th March 2006, 17:39   #220
Senior - BHPian

yup... so much so for the nomenclatures.... got me confused... it was Fiesta sxi. 7,74,568 + 63** rupees onroad.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2006, 17:42   #221
BHPian

hey man is the fiesta costelier in delhi than in mumbai i got my fiesta1.6sxi on road for 7.93lacs
yogi1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2006, 17:54   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771
hey man is the fiesta costelier in delhi than in mumbai i got my fiesta1.6sxi on road for 7.93lacs
I paid 7.66 on road Gurgaon incl ABS (25k), addl 2 year warranty (9.2k) & floor mats etc (2k). Delhi would have been around 25k more than Gurgaon (road tax in delhi is higher)
Old 6th March 2006, 18:18   #223
BHPian

anyone tried the rear spoiler ? Want to know the impact on looks. So far not seen a single vehicle with rear spoiler
Old 6th March 2006, 18:19   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashd
anyone tried the rear spoiler ? Want to know the impact on looks. So far not seen a single vehicle with rear spoiler
Check out my post in the "Long term ownership reports" section; I've posted a few pics with spoiler. I thought it looks good
Old 8th March 2006, 18:08   #225
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Edit on 8th March 2006. : A highly detailed comparo between the Fiesta and the NHC has been uploaded to the first post of this thread. All credit to Team-BHP "Suman" for preparing the same. Thanks!
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote