Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th March 2006, 18:53   #226
BHPian

Hi Suman, thats a really nice comparison on the features and specs of the two. But, then, good figures on papers do not necessarily translate to good cars on the road.

I would not like to pick out on minor details, but some parts of this comparison are incorrect.

Ex-showroom price : City Gxi is 7.16 L in delhi, and not 7.56 L as given - perhaps this is the OTR price. It is just 10-15k costlier than the Fiesta Sxi (w/o ABS)

The dimensions - especially the length are taken from the older NHC and not NHC ZX.

Also - NHC GXi has features like electric mirrors
goldie_malhotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2006, 19:16   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
Ex-showroom price : City Gxi is 7.16 L in delhi, and not 7.56 L as given - perhaps this is the OTR price. It is just 10-15k costlier than the Fiesta Sxi (w/o ABS)
These are not Delhi prices....

Thanks for pointing out the typo in the length, it should have been 4390 instead of 4310, the other dimensions are fine I think. Noted about the power mirrors, let me know if you find any other errors as I wanted this to be as comparative & comprehensive as possible.

Last edited by suman : 8th March 2006 at 19:24.
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2006, 19:25   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
These are not Delhi prices....
Please enlighten us about where these prices are for.

AFAIK, in Delhi, ex-showroom costs are
NHC GXi = 7.16 L
Fiesta Sxi (w/o ABS) = 7.01 L
goldie_malhotra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2006, 19:28   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
Please enlighten us about where these prices are for.

AFAIK, in Delhi, ex-showroom costs are
NHC GXi = 7.16 L
Fiesta Sxi (w/o ABS) = 7.01 L
Ex-showroom Mumbai.......

Last edited by suman : 8th March 2006 at 19:29.
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2006, 17:39   #230
Senior - BHPian

Default Fiesta 1.6L short test

Today while coming from collage me & my friend decided to take test ride of Fiesta 1.6L. We test drove Zxi. As review has already been done I will just put some points
  • The car is surely fun to drive with good pickup.
  • Seating position is very comfortable while rear seating is little upright, which can be uncomfortable to some people.
  • Although there is chrome at lots of places inside but it is cleverly placed & doesn't feel excessive.
  • Interior space is good enough. Sufficient I would say.
  • The space below handbrake is perfect to keep your mobile.
  • One little thing is the different placement of controls, like boot opening switch (not lever) is on dash and hood opening lever is on passengers side. Not that is of any inconvenience but new users might find it confusing.
    special.
  • One funny thing which I found out was max power 101BHP is given at 6500 RPM but car red lines at 6000 RPM. You can go up to 6500 RPM but you will be red lining.
  • The plastic on dash looks cheap. It might be of very good quality but it lacks any sort of richness. Not good when you are paying 8 lakhs.
  • The centre console with chrome (cheap silver) with black lines is yucks at least for me.
  • The ashtray for front seats is too low & almost hidden under centre console. Since I don't smoke I have no idea, but it might be little confusing for those who smoke while driving.
  • Lastly the boot although huge its opening is very small & pushing in really big bags might be of problem.
adya33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2006, 13:35   #231
BHPian

Default Baleno Looks

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni
Not at all, the Baleno's side profile is one of the best among the cars that are available minus the 13 inch wheels maybe. The only sore part being the stupid tail lamps. The side lines of the Baleno in a way reminds me of the BMW3 series. Then again many may disagree but am with u on this one
------------------------------------
I fully agree. Despite people criticizng Baleno,s looks IMHO it has a certain character to it. Only changes required are an agressive looking grille a-la IKON SXI and wrap around rear tail lamp with jewel effect like newer cars. If a chrome beading is added on the boot running from top of the no plate aligned with the indicators , it will help visually break the slab like rear and make it more proprtionate. And lastly it shud laso feature ABS. If wishes could be horses......................!
MADMAX111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2006, 15:52   #232
BHPian

Thumbs up TDCi - Truly Madly Deeply

My father bought a Fiesta TDCi on 1st Feb...Platinum colour...Since its our second car and afraid of scratching the new car in the city, we take it out only for long trips...done 2000kms till date...got FE of 14 with fulltime AC in the city traffic...and after that, first service done at only 900kms...then two long trips, one trivandrum-kochi with my father driving (i wasn't there) giving a FE of 18.35 with 70% AC (i'm quite sure he wouldn't have gone above 80km/hr)....then trivandrum-thrissur with me driving (my father in the passenger seat) giving a FE of 19.2 with 60% AC (my father wouldn't let me go faster than 80km/hr)... i kept steady at 80-90 and occassionally doing 100 and went upto 110 (my father was sleeping!:..and the best thing is that even at 80, the rpm was only around 2000 mark (peak torque) and the peak power comes only at 4000 rpm...its only when you are above, say 120km/hr, that you feel the lack of power...so there is no sense in saying that it is underpowered...if you choose accent crdi over fiesta tdci bcoz of performance, i'll advise you to go for a fiesta tdci + PETE's box (YES, its available for Fiesta TDCi)...or wait for the 1.6L TDCi...the second service is due on 1st May and the third on 1st August...only after that, the FE can be standardised...the AC is superb...i dont know about Baleno's, but NHC (not ZX) dont even comes close to it...i think its a pity Climate Control is not offered, bcoz i have to adjust the AC now and then, due to its super-efficiency...Ford made some mistakes, which i hope they will address quickly...
1. No 1.4 Zxi or Sxi Petrol and 1.4 Sxi Diesel (Aveo has got atleast that right!), bcoz the lower variants accounts for about 70%!!!
2. No 1.6 Diesel, which would have killed Accent CRDi (which is already dead) and hurt NHC deeply
3. No MP3 CD player

Oh...BTW...did i mention this was my first topic: ...my computer is not working properly...it hangs just after 5 or 10 min ...i get enough time to check my mail and Team-BHP!!!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to one per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by arif_t01 : 12th April 2006 at 16:03.
arif_t01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2006, 16:06   #233
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
One little thing is the different placement of controls, like boot opening switch (not lever) is on dash and hood opening lever is on passengers side. Not that is of any inconvenience but new users might find it confusing.
special.
This is another feature specially "Made for India" - maybe Ford got feedback from some passengers saying they wanted to open the hood easily!
hrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2007, 01:56   #234
Senior - BHPian

I didnot like the Fiesta much but today i just went to have a look and i must admit i was totally suprised. The cars built quality is light years ahead of the rest, the doors close with a massive thunk, the handling is excellent and the brakes are superb too on those 175 MRFs, wonder what it would stop with 195, 205.

I liked the small touches like the bonnet opening lever which comes out, all doors locking from co-drivers side, DTE.

Engine is very very refined and on pulling also it never feels like a diesel.

What i didnot like was the gearshift and the cost of service and 6666 for one alloy which looks worst then a wheel cap??

Wondering what the 1.6 would be like to drive.

Conclusion - The Fiesta is a amazing car and could do with more power and a better price, currently 9.15L OTR Navi Mumbai.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2007, 02:43   #235
Senior - BHPian

Well even after 1.5 years people are going Fida of La-Fiesta.

This proves the car is build good and almost fulfills the buyers needs. It's high time ford should bring in their pocket rocket 1.6 TDCi and i know who's gonna be the first one to own it... Any guess ppl ?

Lambo or Suman
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2007, 11:48   #236
Senior - BHPian

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
It's high time ford should bring in their pocket rocket 1.6 TDCi
Thats going to take one more year, thats what the sales man at the dealership told me
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2007, 14:02   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Thats going to take one more year, thats what the sales man at the dealership told me
they said it will be here by 2nd or the 3rd quarter this year. That is disappointing really as soon as New Baleno DDiS hits the road its goona be tough for them to sell 1.4 TDCi. Though its quiet a gr8 car even with a 1.4 but competition is increasing so they night hurry up and launch it before NMB DDiS..
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2007, 22:00   #238
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Well, its 1.5 years since my original review on the Fiesta. And somehow, the car felt just right. Except for some minor issues this car came across as a great all-rounder.

Very recently, it overtook the NHC in sales. That says a lot.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2007, 22:11   #239
BHPian

Hmm.. Feels good that I just bought one (1.6SXI/ABS Platinum). Got a call today that it will be avbl monday..

Can't wait...
DileepKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2007, 13:16   #240
BHPian

Its around 6 months since i got my fiesta1.6 Sxi. did one long drive of about 2000kms to kerala from bangalore. its just a great car. smooth and strong. all the best Dileep! You have made the right choice!
talkingpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote