Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 7th October 2010, 11:13   #61

Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
How fast you were going and is this one of those U shaped breakers, car underbody took a hit ?
I was going at maybe around 20 kph - not fast, but just a trifle more than slowest possible for a bump since this bump was hidden. Actually, if you know this road, it has bumps of all possible varities - a complete obstacle course. This one was a large triangular one - so the car went up and down, and I think the front wheels bounces a tad harder than it would at the slowest speeds. Was surprised though that something came loose - I didnt 'hit' anything!

Can you please elaborate on part of the break coming loose. Does it have any effect on braking, it would be good if you can share the info provided by the service advisor at dealership.
Apparently, one of the brake plates came loose, in the front right wheel, and started rubbing against the wheel creating that sound. Even though it sounds extremely unpleasant - one can still safely drive a few kms to one's destination, and have the VW service folks come over and check. Easily rectifiable too - about a half hour job, only labour reqd. Doesnt need your car to be picked up and taken.

For Bangalore folks - the service advisors have moved on from VW downtown, so the technicians are doubling up as service advisors. Although knowledgeable, they seem to know mostly Tamil, and a little short on English/Hindi. So its a little challenging to have a phone conversation.

On that note - any idea how many road side assistances are we allowed during warranty? The dealership has promised to get me the info - wanted to check if anyone else knows meanwhile.

Last edited by Driver2000 : 7th October 2010 at 11:14.
Driver2000 is offline   Reply With Quote