Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
Old 7th September 2010, 22:52   #1
Default Luck by chance on finding used Honda Civic.

Hi All,

We plan to move back to India in Nov, after 12 yrs of staying abroad. Have owned and driven BMW 330 and Toyota for last 12yrs. Started looking for cars in India, 2nd hand car was of interest to me so that we can learn to drive and also not have to pay for the depreciation ( like the smell of the new car, but like the smell of Rs more) Concern was how to find a good used car, both budget and reliability wise.

Just started discussing with my Bro who owns a Skoda Laura, we wanted a Civic or Accord under 10 lakhs. We started the search last week; Bro mentioned that a friend of his, who is out of town and had mentioned that he wants to sell his car a while back. In the next 30 min, we confirmed that the car was still available, it was unused for a year, the battery was dead and the car has not been moved for a while. The watchman had the keys.

Bro sent me a pic, and I felt that this is the car. Looked like new. Bro go the keys from the watchman go it serviced, replaced the battery etc. Took it for the test drive and felt the car was practically a virgin @20K/ 4 yrs.

The Car is a 2006 Honda Civic. 20K, 1.8 S, VCool sun film. All service history is intact. The owner used it for a while and has been out of state for more than a year. Asking price was 8.50 lakhs.

Bro go the car home. My folks liked it also, has some extra features, not familiar with it. Saw more pics of the car, wiffy and I really liked it. The price was negotiated and finalized for7 lakhs. We will get a full service done by the company, not sure if it is needed but for peace of mind sake.

We got the car home. Pressure washed, will get it serviced after the transaction goes through. The owner needs to send the papers.

So don't have my hands on it car yet, but just excited to have found a gr8 car. Thanks to this forum, the members and admin really helped me narrow down on the car in a much more intelligent way. The buying a used section was very very helpful, in my case since I bought from a know person. It worked out well.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Post cleaned up. Font tags removed. Please take the time to use proper punctuation, as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this, and using SMS language. We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further. Thanks.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 8th September 2010 at 06:58. Reason: Font tags, excessive dots, SMS language removed.
Old 8th September 2010, 08:46   #2

Wow 7L sounds like a deal. Congrats!!! After GTO's Civic its raining "Pre Worshipped" Civics on T-BHP.
What is the colour of the car? Is it a V?
Congrats once again and yeah do I need to say pictures please?
Old 8th September 2010, 09:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, gobuddy! 7 lacs is a great deal indeed for a 20k km-old 2006 S.

Which city was this in, by the way? It's very very hard/rare to come across such deals in Hyderabad.

Old 8th September 2010, 09:32   #4

WOW ! Congratulations gobuddy.

its truly raining Pre-worshipped Civics after GTOs deal. In which city have you bought the car? Asking because, in cities like Bangalore, the used car prices are usually a notch above the rest, whereas the quality isnt

a few pics of the car also plzz
Old 8th September 2010, 10:04   #5

Thanks, It is a S not V, GTO's Pre-worshipped Civic was an inspiration to decide on the car. Some times you research and research but a little extra push gets you over.

Hope it works out good in the long run.
Attached Thumbnails
Luck by chance on finding used Honda Civic.-3.jpg  

Attached Images
Old 8th September 2010, 10:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, gobuddy. @ 7 lacs its a sweet deal. Nice color too. All the best and drive safe.
Old 9th September 2010, 10:14   #7
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on the car! Please note that Team-BHP does not permit booking / buying experience threads in the Test-Drives section anymore. For the benefit of members & guests alike, it is now imperative to include a complete report on the car (the driving experience / comfort / features, what you like, what you don't like etc.).

This thread is temporarily closed. Please PM me or report this post once you are ready to update with a complete driving report; that's when it shall be re-opened. Thanks for your support.
Closed Thread