| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|9th September 2010, 09:31||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2010
Thanked: 0 Times
Tata Indigo Manza Quadrajet Aura ABS – Grey noir - Bought
Tata Indigo Manza Quadrajet ABS – Grey noir
I took delivery of Tata Indigo Manza Quadrajet Aura ABS on 6th September evening from Concorde motors, Dairy circle, Banglaore. Thanks to you, because I spent lot of time in this forum before deciding on this car. Delivery was smooth, Salesperson explained all the papers and features of car and we drove out at around 7:00 in the evening. Group of sales people were standing on the sideway and they clapped as I drove off. Not sure if it regular custom or just an impromptu one, but nice touch.
Now about the car:
My heart was in the mouth once I touched the main road and continued to pump overtime till I reached Madiwala elevated highway. As a user of Alto LXi, it going to take lot of time to get used the bulkiness of the car and to adjust in this traffic. I don’t want to spend too much time talking about the already well covered topics like space, power and fit and finish. Every time there is a review on Manza, whining on fit and finish is a given, standard fitment.
• To my surprise, I found the fit and finish much better. May be I was tuned by all these reviews not to expect too much. Well, if you are really want ‘look’, you can find lot of mismatch and gaps. But if you look at as an average car user, they definitely do not let you down or upset you. Did somebody look at the carpet on the floor and padding on rear (parcel tray)? They are excellent; it has this beautiful shiny, silky, rich look. Seat fabric is equally good. So are the complimentary floor mats.
• When I flipped down Passenger sun visor, pleasantly surprised to see a vanity mirror with side lights. Vanity mirror was known to be present, but the lights were not. There are two lights on the cabin one in the front and other in rear. The front one has three different bulbs (or LED whatever) and the rear has two with independent switches. So many lights were not observed in the previous visits to show room (in the daylight).
• My phone was paired by Concorde with no effort and I could receive calls on the drive – it works, what a pleasure!
• Enough said about engine – But, my god, I attempted to start the already running engine in a traffic signal. Can’t make out if it is idling or not. Need a big industrial grade, green light above the dash to show the engine is running !
• When we speak of dash, the Instrument panel is very rich, classy and has an up-market aura. Very functional.
• Butter smooth steering and little sticky shifting.
• AC is another plus. It cooled very quickly (not sure if I had it on maximum cool setting). Very good. Music system was a let down. Names like Blaupunkt and Onkyo probably set higher expectation. My wife liked the Sony Xplod in the Alto better. I was under the impression it has four speakers and two tweeters. I have to check if they are really there. I feel the music comes only from the rear speakers. To be checked up.
• I read in this forum about some non functional temperature gauge on the DIS. But I don’t see any problem, it showed 35 when I started at Concorde and changed to 30 once we are on highway. Instantaneous average is working but I have not yet figured out the logic for average mileage display. It kept showing 5 for whole day,7 for next day and 9 today.
Now it is time to start lamenting:
• After reaching home, I took the car again for short spin without wearing seat belt. To my surprise there was no warning buzzer. I stopped and re tried again, nope, Not working. Within 2 hours out of show room – this is not good.
• Went to some friends place to show off and everybody, as expected, enamored of boot space. But I found something amiss. There are lights every where in the car and there was no light in the boot. Later I realized there is indeed a light and it was not working. I saw a signed pre delivery checklist during delivery with a line item – “All lights checked”. This time I can’t say ‘OK, it happens’. Either the check was not done properly or something is blown out.
• When ready to move, my son sat in the front passenger seat and he tried to close the door. He probably was not holding the actual pull pocket and held frontal portion of armrest. To my horror, the plastic piece came off from the door in his hand and was hanging. Obviously it was not snapped fit well. This is horrendous, how can it be so bad that seven year old boy can just pry it out. The actual damage is nothing, with little effort, I could push it back. My wife’s BP went up and my son was so scared that he broke something on the brand new car.
• Next day it was peaceful with usual puja, temple visit rituals. One of friends said the A.C fan is making more noise.
• Yesterday there was drizzle and was good chance to see the wiper in action. I really don’t want to add the list, but wiper is not up to the mark with rest of the car. It was making more noise one the blade lost some teeth, it was a leaving an island of droplets on the screen. Fortunately it was on passenger side. Even the well wipe surface, the cleaning is not 100%.
• One more review with same old conclusion: Even though it is a great car, it will miserably fail for JD power initial quality assessment.
Overall I am happy so far and I feel money is well spent. Bye now and I will keep updating.
|9th September 2010, 10:22||#2|
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Coimbatore / Bangalore / New York
Thanked: 13 Times
Hi bala, Congratulations on the new car. what are the exterior and interior colors?
Manza is indeed a great choice. But it is sad that there still are these irritants with initial build quality. Lack of attention to detail is the standard operating procedure.
Hope you get all these resolved in your next visit to the dealership and enjoy the ride.
Also post some pictures asap.
|9th September 2010, 14:31||#3|
Distinguished - BHPian
Join Date: May 2006
Thanked: 4,456 Times
Congrats on the Manza. Enjoy the oodles of space in the car.
Do post the pictures of the car.
By the way, Did you not carry the team-bhp PDI checklist? It would have reduced a lot of these headaches for the small niggles.
|9th September 2010, 14:42||#4|
Join Date: Aug 2010
Thanked: 0 Times
Congrats on the new car. It looks like Tata still needs to go a long way in getting rid of these niggles.
Please post some pictures of the exteriors and interiors. Also, please update us on the FE figures.
Good luck and drive safely.
|9th September 2010, 16:46||#5|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Aug 2007
Thanked: 1,216 Times
Bala, First of all congratulations on your new car!
Those little things that you've written are nothing much to worry about. Even then, they spoil the fun of driving a brand new car.So, do get those things rectified when you visit the service center next time.
For me, ownership report without pictures is just like a plain cake with no icing or cashew . Let me hope that you'll upload the pictures.
I wish you a happy and safe motoring. Have fun with your new car.
|9th September 2010, 17:25||#6|
Join Date: Jun 2009
Thanked: 0 Times
Congrats. Enjoy the interior space in the car. You can stuff your bedroom set in the trunk . I wish Tata comes up with diesel automatic in Manza. That is exactly what I'm looking for with great VFM.
|9th September 2010, 17:56||#7|
Join Date: Aug 2004
Thanked: 6 Times
Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.
Please read our rules before proceeding any further.
Last edited by GTO : 10th September 2010 at 16:05.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|The Prince - Tata Indigo Manza QJD Aura ABS||gowda79||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||39||24th November 2010 14:09|
|Tata Indica Vista Aura ABS (EDIT: Now it is Aura Plus with ABS and Airbags)||akhilesh51||The Indian Car Scene||141||28th September 2010 20:11|
|Grey Noir Tata Manza Quadrajet Aura (ABS) has finally arrived!||vcash||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||23||22nd September 2010 12:05|
|Tata Indigo Manza Quadrajet Aura Plus - Monarch Red||trrk||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||132||8th August 2010 10:29|
|500 kms on my Infinity Black Manza (Quadrajet Aura ABS)||Sunil Albal||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||58||15th March 2010 13:31|