Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 25th November 2010, 22:15   #46
BHPian

@Pri2 : Congratulations! (even though its quite late).
White Punto is one of the best looking hatch in India today (IMO).

Wish you many many happy miles of ownership, and btw some of the photographs are excellent, enhancing the look of your beauty - Punto White
AvonA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2010, 08:01   #47
BHPian

Great Pictures!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
Interior quality: I didn’t find the quality of the plastics to be bad. The problem is with the quality of finishing and fitment of the plastics. The C pillar cover fell off after just 10 minutes of the delivery. Believe it or not, it was fixed using glue. The same story goes with the mirror adjustment knobs as well.

Service: Fiat / Tata provide the worst service any company can provide to their customers. I have had the one of the most horrible experiences dealing with the Tata service center folks. (I will post about this incident later). I really don’t blame Tata for the bad service. It is Fiat that needs to be blamed. They shouldn’t have outsourced the service to Tata. It is like giving the job of a surgeon to a butcher.

Accessories and spares (OEM and Aftermarket): Fiat spares are and accessories are rare as diamonds. It took me more than a month to get a proper aftermarket antenna that is designed for the Punto. (BTW, the OEM antenna is too expensive)
I am on the lookout for a new car and Punto MJD is one of the 2 short listed cars while the other being Honda Jazz. A.S.S. and availability of spare parts are the only sore points of this car. Can you explain in detail the service woes you faced ? Also are you expereincing rattle or falling off from interior plastics ?
donarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2010, 09:51   #48
BHPian

Hi Pri2, have you done your 1st servicing which is at 3000km? if yes, how much was the bill amount? I just crossed 3300 today, not getting time to give for service, will give during weekends, but want to make sure I am not fooled arround by service bill.
asdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2010, 12:52   #49
BHPian

Thank you nkrishnap, vidyasagar, Newpunter, Schoudhury, hemanth.anand and Klub Class for your comments on the photographs. I am glad that you guys liked them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
But it looks good when contrasted to the cheap looking, small wheel caps provided by Maruti in the lowest trim(read LXi trim).
So, will you be going for alloys in the near future?
Yes, I have planned to get a set of alloys but not now, I am currently low on vitamin M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
Great Pictures!!!
I am on the lookout for a new car and Punto MJD is one of the 2 short listed cars while the other being Honda Jazz. A.S.S. and availability of spare parts are the only sore points of this car. Can you explain in detail the service woes you faced ? Also are you expereincing rattle or falling off from interior plastics ?
donarun, the problem here isn't with the quality of stuff used. It is how it has been installed. Fortunately I am only seeing this on minor things like pillar cover and orvms knobs. There are no rattles whatsoever - even on bad roads. BTW I have seen the new Fiat linea TJet and looks like they have finally got this sorted out.

Regarding the service, I would say the service staff at the service centers are not properly trained / equipped. If you take your car to them, say to get the pillar plastic fixed. Instead of replacing the part, they try to do some jugaad and fix it using glue, I have read on some threads that they also fix rear foglamps with glue, which is totally unacceptable. The reason they gave for this is that, the parts take 1 month to arrive and this is only temporary. Another aspect is, they do not give you any kind of attention and no ownership is taken. Be it attending you while you are at the service center or following up while your car is with them for service. I had to literally call them more than 15 times to know if the work has started or if they even know my car is there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Hi Pri2, have you done your 1st servicing which is at 3000km? if yes, how much was the bill amount? I just crossed 3300 today, not getting time to give for service, will give during weekends, but want to make sure I am not fooled arround by service bill.
Asdon, I too am facing the same problem, not getting time for the service. I have finally booked an appointment next week and I have planned to be there while my car is being serviced, I don't trust them even for a second. Will keep you posted on the bill amount.
Pri2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2010, 13:23   #50
BHPian

Another picture of my Italian beauty:
Attached Thumbnails
My BOLD New Drive – Grande Punto MJD (Bossa Nova White)-dsc_0024.jpg  

Old 30th November 2010, 20:25   #51
BHPian

Default 1st service done.

I just got the 1st service of my car done. Got it done from Prerna Motors at Kudlu gate (Hosur Rd).

The job done was definitely better than what I expected it to be. Service was prompt and my car was delivered at the promised time. The only problem I found was that some minor issues were not attended and were fixed only after I noticed them while inspecting the car during the delivery which they fixed after me pointing it out. To my surprise the bill was just Rs 100 and that too it was for the wiper fluid. I also wasn't charged for wheel alignment.

The only issue is, they damaged the door damping I had got installed for the speakers. But I cant blame them for it. They had to open it to fix the door handles. As I am planning to get central locking, I will have to get the damping fixed later on.

After the service the car feels much smoother and the engine noise level has come down. Not really sure what caused it as I haven't changed the engine oil. I am also noticing better fuel economy. At the end of the day I am a satisfied customer and hope that I don't have to visit them for the next 1 year.
Old 30th November 2010, 21:39   #52
BHPian

Thanks Pri2, this will help for sure.
asdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2010, 21:50   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Thanks Pri2, this will help for sure.
asdon, make sure you ask for the wheel alignment to be done without any charge. The service attendant first told me that it is chargeable.
Old 8th May 2011, 22:58   #54
BHPian

Default Re: My BOLD New Drive – Grande Punto MJD (Bossa Nova White)

YAY !! Just clocked 10,000 on my Punto today!
Is it recommended to change the engine oil now? or wait for the 2nd service which is due in 3 months.
My BOLD New Drive – Grande Punto MJD (Bossa Nova White)-005.jpg
Pri2 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote