Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 18th September 2010, 12:17   #1
BHPian

First of all a very big thanks to GTO who gave a fantastic reveiw about Manza and all the Manza owners who shared their experience and all fellow Bhpians.

I got my Manza Quadrajet Aura Plus - Gothic olive delivered on Friday , the 17th day of september 2010.

Finalisation about other cars- Basically i was interested with a deisel car. I was almost convinced with Dzire and came to know about Manza somewhere in 2009 october when it was launched. When i was surfing for information on net then i got to know about TEAM BHP a wonderful site which has abundance of information about cars. Since then i am addicted to Team BHP.After seeing Manza and getting to know about the features i was convinced about the idea of choosing Manza. Due to various reasons i couldn't get the Manza from October 2009 and finally got it on 17th Sept 2010.

Buying experience-Bought from Concorde motors - Diary circle. Nothing very big to describe about their service. It was average with small hic-ups and confusions but managable.The problem that i had faced with them was lack of follow ups. They never bother to call and intimate the current status, i was calling them all the time to find out things.The sales advisor was a good guy indeed.

I had booked the car on 22nd August 2010 and the car reached the stock on 2nd Sept 2010.

Finance- The dealer was quoting 10.75% and after barganing, the final quote that i could get was 10.25% which i was not comfortable with. So decided to arrange for loan from my side itself. First contacted HDFC Bank who quoted 10.5% as the final quote and then called up ICICI Bank and spoke to the Loan department person who was connected to me directly from the customer care itself.I explained him my banking relations with ICICI and he quoted 10.25% and finally came down to 9.75% after a long conversation. I felt 9.75% was a good deal and decided to proceed with the ICICI Bank itself and asked them to collect the necessary documents. They took 5 working days to give the approval and another 6 days for releasing the Delivery order and finally approved 80% of the ex- showroom price.Initially the processing charges which was agreed was 4000/- on which 50% waiver will be given later the bank guy said it is really difficult to get the waiver. It was a small amount so agreed to pay Rs.2000/- more.The bank people was also not that much responsive, their intention is to catch hold of people and later they never bother for anything.
The delivery note was suppossed to be released on 9th Sept 2010 as promissed by the bank but they didn't do that . 10th was Ramzan, 11th was Ganesh Charthurthy and 12th was Sunday so no progress in these days.Finally on Monday i was expecting the DO which they didn't do. I was irritated and kept on calling the Loan Department guy. He never even bothered to answer my call. Then somehow got the Team leader guy's phone number and intimated all the proceeds and the non- issuance of Delivery note. Immediately within a matter of 15 mins the Loan department guy called me and issued the delivery note to the dealer.

Insurance- The dealer was quoting Rs.19942/-. I shopped around and got the following quotes:
Tata AIG from an agent- Rs.18500
Tata AIG (Direct)- Rs.19342
Royal Sundaram- Rs.23000+(No add ons)
ICICI Lombard-Rs.24000+
HDFC Ergo (Direct)-Rs.17500/-(with Rs.1000/- as cash back)

None of the above quotes were with any add ons.Finally decided with HDFC Ergo. They were good, not concealing things. Transparent and nicely behaved.

Registration- The sales advisor had promissed to register the car immediately the delivery order is received.On the day of receipt of Delivery order and the following day the sales guy was on leave, so had to contact some other person from Concorde.I asked the Concorde people to register the car on 14th ie.., Monday and got a reply that the car cannot be sent on the same day on which the Deliver order was received.They even said that the car can be sent on Wednesday ie..,on 15th only. I was irritated because i didn't want the car to be registered on 15th and 16th which was not auspicious. I was irritated with the way they behaved, it was looking as if i was receiving a favour fom them and blasted the Team leader and said that i am the buyer and the car should be registered as per my comfort only. So it has to be registered atleast on Tue ie..,14th Sept for which they finally agreed.

Delivery- I got the car delivered on Friday the 17th day of sept 2010. The delivery schedule was good, no problem.As promised everthing happened properly.I exchanged my Maruthi 800 with Concorde itself. They gave me a resonable deal.The dealer offered a small pooja. The free-bies that i got was floor mats and a small Ganesha Doll. After completion of all the documentation procedures and after being explained about all the features of the car in extreme speed by the sales guy. Finally moved the car when all the staffs were clapping.It was a wonderful experience.

Again offered some pooja at nearby temple in the evening.

Initial Driving experience:

Its just 100 kms on the odo. The following are the things that i noticed:-

-Manza manages easily all the pothholes and bumpy roads.

-The driving is extremely smooth and my family members appreciate the same.

-The Music system is strictly average in quality.

-The AC cooling is good.

-The second gear is a bit sluggish. ie., it loses power very soon.

- I am learning the art of driving the car always at around 2000rpm.

-The cabin is very well insulated. You never know that the deisel engine is running under the hood.

-The Driver seat and co-driver seat are very well placed and are very comfortable too.

-The rear passenger always praise the the level of comfort and do claim that this comfort cannot be enjoyed in any car.(At least in this segment and a lower segment ones)

-I have been driving only within 70 kmph so really don't know about the true dynamics of the cars in the areas of speed and performance and highway stability. I shall update on this when i take it for a long drive.

-Interiors are not classy. Offcourse there lies a very big room for perfection and devolopment is concerned.

- Steering mounted audio contraols, Bluetooth devices all perform their duties properly. No complains on that.

-The power steering is good. It is reasonably responsive. I think this is good because as far as the maruthi cars are concerned the power steering is too light and the control is lost in very high speeds(personal opinion, please pardon me). In short i appreciate the power steering of Manza.

-The interior plastic quality is below average and should be improved by Tata especially the fit and finish should be defintely upgraded.

-The seats warning sounds stops after beeping for about 5 mins. This may not be good safety measure because people ignore wearing the seat belt which is very dangerous.

-The odo metre and other controls are well placed and easy view is possible.

- Tata Motors should learn and understand what is customer service and how important a customer is.That is where they stay behind others. These many years Tata was not that much interested in the passenger car segment. May be from the launch of Manza and Vista atleast they learn things.

That it for know and much more to come once the miles progresses.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd September 2010 at 12:09. Reason: Adding driving experience to the first post itself
rki2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2010, 13:46   #2
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car rki2007.
Please post some pictures of your car. Would love to see the picture of the colour you mentioned.
eagle_bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2010, 16:46   #3
BHPian

Thanks eagle bush

Here are the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Its time for the big show-Yes I got my Manza Qjet Aura +-dsc00085-copy.jpg  

Its time for the big show-Yes I got my Manza Qjet Aura +-dsc00100-1600x1200.jpg  

Its time for the big show-Yes I got my Manza Qjet Aura +-dsc00102-1600x1200.jpg  

Its time for the big show-Yes I got my Manza Qjet Aura +-dsc00108-1600x1200.jpg  

Its time for the big show-Yes I got my Manza Qjet Aura +-dsc00109-1600x1200.jpg  

Its time for the big show-Yes I got my Manza Qjet Aura +-dsc00110-1600x1200.jpg  

Its time for the big show-Yes I got my Manza Qjet Aura +-dsc00083-1600x1200.jpg  

Last edited by rki2007 : 18th September 2010 at 16:52. Reason: additional pics
Old 18th September 2010, 20:11   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the manza. Enjoy many more happy miles and the loads of space with the manza.

Do keep the thread updated as the miles pile up on the Odo.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2010, 22:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats man, drive safe.

Happy motoring
sachinj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2010, 23:34   #6
BHPian

Congrats !! its a great car , huge amount of space inside.

Btw do you hear any sound from right side suspension on speed-breakers or even potholes??

coz my manza gives some wierd sound from right side.
vahss_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2010, 01:05   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vahss_11 View Post
Congrats !! its a great car , huge amount of space inside.

Btw do you hear any sound from right side suspension on speed-breakers or even potholes??

coz my manza gives some wierd sound from right side.
+1 to this question . My friend who recently bought Manza have this similar trouble . I noticed that a noise erupts from right side of the dash in his case and this is commonly noticed in the concrete turfs !!??
vishnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 12:11   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the Manza Rki2007. I've merged your review post with the opening post itself. Thanks for sharing & drive safe.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 00:20   #9
BHPian

Thanks GTO. Thanks for merging the reply with the earlier one.