Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2010, 19:17   #91
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 130
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Well finally the car was kept at the dealers workshop this morning for rectification of the problem. In the evening I got a call from the workshop that the job has been completed but they would like to see if the problem continues during a cold start in the morning. So if everything goes on well I should have my car back with me by noon tomorrow and hopefully trouble free too.
uvmallya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 19:30   #92
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 3,120
Thanked: 3,818 Times
Default

Hi UVMallya,
Wishing you the very best & hope that you get your car back tomorrow morning in a brand new condition. Sincerely hope that this would be your last unscheduled visit to the ***. Yours have been a case of tremendous patience & patience pays.
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2010, 21:25   #93
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 130
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Hi UVMallya,
Wishing you the very best & hope that you get your car back tomorrow morning in a brand new condition. Sincerely hope that this would be your last unscheduled visit to the ***. Yours have been a case of tremendous patience & patience pays.
Thanks for your wishes. I am sure my car will return tomorrow with the problem being solved. Except for this problem there was no other problem with the car and it appears that maybe I was one in a ........ person to come across this kind of a problem.
uvmallya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 10:01   #94
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,666
Thanked: 9,197 Times
Default

Happy Dassera, mallyamaam. Do let us know you latest update!
noopster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 13:22   #95
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 130
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Happy Dassera, mallyamaam. Do let us know you latest update!
Thanks a lot for the Dassera wishes & also I wish you the same too. My car is at the VW dealers workshop since yesterday morning and so far I have no news on the problem being solved. VW had said that they will require a days time for repairs but today requested for an extra days time. So I will be waiting till this evening to hear from them & will keep my thread updated on the progress.
uvmallya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 13:25   #96
Senior - BHPian
 
adimicra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,558
Thanked: 1,058 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvmallya View Post
Thanks a lot for the Dassera wishes & also I wish you the same too. My car is at the VW dealers workshop since yesterday morning and so far I have no news on the problem being solved. VW had said that they will require a days time for repairs but today requested for an extra days time. So I will be waiting till this evening to hear from them & will keep my thread updated on the progress.
Didn't they tell you that the problem is rectified y'day itself?
I sense that they are still not able to get to the bottom of the problem.

Whenever they give you your car (hopefully today), please plan to test it thoroughly before saying 'ok'.
adimicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 19:26   #97
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 130
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Didn't they tell you that the problem is rectified y'day itself?
I sense that they are still not able to get to the bottom of the problem.

Whenever they give you your car (hopefully today), please plan to test it thoroughly before saying 'ok'.
My worst fears seem to be coming true my friend and I may have to agree with what you say. As of this evening there is no positive news from them and it appears that the problem still persists inspite of all the work done by the VW engineers. It appears that they are still not able to locate the problem as mentioned by you. I feel that my car is being treated like a guniea pig by VW engineers and is being subjected to all kinds of trial and error repairs. With VW being unable to set the problem right, I have to think of other options now.
uvmallya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 19:37   #98
Senior - BHPian
 
adimicra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,558
Thanked: 1,058 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvmallya View Post
My worst fears seem to be coming true my friend and I may have to agree with what you say. As of this evening there is no positive news from them and it appears that the problem still persists inspite of all the work done by the VW engineers. It appears that they are still not able to locate the problem as mentioned by you. I feel that my car is being treated like a guniea pig by VW engineers and is being subjected to all kinds of trial and error repairs. With VW being unable to set the problem right, I have to think of other options now.
I can understand your feelings to an extent. (I was getting furious that Honda dealer was delaying the promised accessories like the alloys, fogs and spoiler for a month or so which is nothing in comparison to what you have been going through)
This is unpardonable and unacceptable. You have purchased a brand new car and you have not been able to enjoy it at all.
Before considering other options, try to get in touch with VW top honchos and ask for a new car as a replacement. Don't agree for anything other than this. I fear VW might have given you a lemon. Even if they are able to suppress the problem for some time, you never know when it will crop up again. How can you believe these guys will be properly able to rectify this problem with the level of competence and confidence they have shown till date.. Also, you will constantly have the fear in the back of your mind.
VW should replace your car under warranty. Period.
I always hate the existing laws in our country which do not offer any protection to consumers. If it would have been another place like US, I bet VW would have already offered you a new replacement car.

Last edited by adimicra : 19th October 2010 at 19:39.
adimicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 19:42   #99
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,894
Thanked: 9,747 Times
Default

US and UK have strict lemon laws

3 attempts to recify problem and if car has spent more than 30days off road. It should be replaced
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 20:05   #100
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 130
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I can understand your feelings to an extent. (I was getting furious that Honda dealer was delaying the promised accessories like the alloys, fogs and spoiler for a month or so which is nothing in comparison to what you have been going through)
This is unpardonable and unacceptable. You have purchased a brand new car and you have not been able to enjoy it at all.
Before considering other options, try to get in touch with VW top honchos and ask for a new car as a replacement. Don't agree for anything other than this. I fear VW might have given you a lemon. Even if they are able to suppress the problem for some time, you never know when it will crop up again. How can you believe these guys will be properly able to rectify this problem with the level of competence and confidence they have shown till date.. Also, you will constantly have the fear in the back of your mind.
VW should replace your car under warranty. Period.
I always hate the existing laws in our country which do not offer any protection to consumers. If it would have been another place like US, I bet VW would have already offered you a new replacement car.
As suggested by you I have already been in touch with a couple of people who head the A.S.S. division of VW. It is after talks between us that I had agreed to give a long rope to them to see if they could rectify the problem with the car and hence all this visits to the dealers workshop. Well if VW is not able to solve the problem then it will surely reflect their poor A.S.S. and I will be left with no other option but to ask for a new car as a customer who had to suffer nearly 5 months with a faulty car. Is it German engineering at its best??
uvmallya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 20:51   #101
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,891
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Hi Mallya mam

your thread attracted me because of your famous family name.
I looked at the profile, i got more interested as it says you are a retired business man.

Then i looked at the thread, it appears that your thread has celebrated 1st month milestone on this forum along with tripple digit number of posts and over 10000 views.

I learnt following things

1. Very high interest in the VW products among the T-BHPians
2. You love your VW Polo very much
3. You have lots of patience, probably due to your age and maturity
4. VW guys do not want to tak to their customers directly
5. You believe that the problem is more due to the dealer and not VW the company (even though this perception is good for VW, but it is not true)
6. In UK and US Lemon laws are strict, if the car stays 30 days off road, then it needs to be replaced, unfortunately there are no such laws in India.
6. After one month your problem is still to be resolved as the people are yet to figure out what and where lies the probelm,

I wish you all the best with your patient and persistent approach with VW.
I also wish that you receive your VW Polo as early as possible with the probelm resolved.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 19th October 2010 at 21:04.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 22:10   #102
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 130
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi Mallya mam

your thread attracted me because of your famous family name.
I looked at the profile, i got more interested as it says you are a retired business man.

Then i looked at the thread, it appears that your thread has celebrated 1st month milestone on this forum along with tripple digit number of posts and over 10000 views.

I learnt following things

1. Very high interest in the VW products among the T-BHPians
2. You love your VW Polo very much
3. You have lots of patience, probably due to your age and maturity
4. VW guys do not want to tak to their customers directly
5. You believe that the problem is more due to the dealer and not VW the company (even though this perception is good for VW, but it is not true)
6. In UK and US Lemon laws are strict, if the car stays 30 days off road, then it needs to be replaced, unfortunately there are no such laws in India.
6. After one month your problem is still to be resolved as the people are yet to figure out what and where lies the probelm,

I wish you all the best with your patient and persistent approach with VW.
I also wish that you receive your VW Polo as early as possible with the probelm resolved.
Thanks a lot for your observations and comments. I do agree with all the points mentioned by you except number 5. It is not the problem with the dealer but with VW company itself. I have waited patiently till now for the problem to be solved. But there is a limit for everything including patience and I have been tested enough. Lets see what happens tomorrow and then I will decide upon the further course of action.

Last edited by uvmallya : 19th October 2010 at 22:11. Reason: word left out
uvmallya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2010, 23:37   #103
Ice
BHPian
 
Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 304
Thanked: 76 Times
Default

Have they checked the injectors?
Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 06:46   #104
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 130
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
Have they checked the injectors?
VW is a big company. The customers are normally not allowed into the workshop area. Their personell do not tell the customers as to what has been done to rectify any problem and they do not listen to customers suggestions. So the point of telling them to check the injectors did not arise at all.
uvmallya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2010, 08:24   #105
Senior - BHPian
 
speedmiester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 824 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvmallya View Post
VW is a big company. The customers are normally not allowed into the workshop area. Their personell do not tell the customers as to what has been done to rectify any problem and they do not listen to customers suggestions. So the point of telling them to check the injectors did not arise at all.
I just read through your ordeal with VW.
I think you are being too easy on VW. Though VW is a big company, it is still your money. You have every right as a customer to know what is going on with your car.
If VW does not listen to your suggestions then you have to escalate to the higher ups. If I were in your shoes, a lawyer notice would have been served by this time to VW.
I appreciate VW trying yo resolve your problem. But even after multiple visits if the problem is resolved, I think it is high time for you take further legal actions.

BTW is VW compensating for your drives to Bangalore from Mangalore. I believe that in itself adds up to a substantial amount in fuel costs and not to mention the additional costs.
speedmiester is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Meet my new Polo TDI Trendline 84.monsoon Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 124 29th June 2013 15:45
My first German Beauty: VW POLO Trendline TDI nawalsingal Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 31 18th December 2012 15:07


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:49.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks