Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 26th September 2010, 14:37   #61
BHPian

In the above last 2 pictures, Audio and telephony controls are on the left side of steering wheel and cruise control on the right side.

3 power outlets, 2 in front and 1in back are available.

Twin cupholders in front and back. See the thickness of the lids which open and close with a beautifully damped action.

Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_1024.jpg

Steering can be electrically adjusted for rake and reach. Also it rises for easy entry or exit. Neat

Material quality through out is first class. see the quality of chrome on the door opener.

Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_1021.jpg

Plenty of storage compartments in front and rear.

Head rests can be tilted to suit your neck.

Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_1072.jpg

Pedal shifts, Audio, Telephony and Cruise control on steering wheel.

Sports seats are 18/14 way adjustable and are very comfortable. They can be individually heated or cooled. This ventilation is very convenient for long drives.

Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_1052.jpg

2 memory settings are available for Driver Seat, ORVM and Steering wheel position. Very convenient.

Rear seats have side bolsters to provide support and comfort. Very Good.

Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_1061.jpg

Bluetooth telephony system is very good. I think upto 5 phones can be docked. But only one will work at a time.

Glove box and foot wells are lighted.

Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_1042.jpg

Music system is 320 watts with 8 speakers and sub woofer. Very good quality.
All above features (plus may be few more) coupled with first class leather and wood, phosphor blue halo illumination and mood lighting makes for a very very soothing ambiance inside the car for all. Driver is further made comfortable by Sports seat, ergonomically placed controls which are very convenient to operate and of course such a powerful and balanced car. Three cheers.

A kaleidoscope of lights at night, very beautiful and very soothing. (Sorry for the blurred image)

Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_0956.jpg

See the quality of black mesh grille

Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_1041.jpg

Please post your comments.

Last edited by akj53 : 26th September 2010 at 14:40.
akj53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2010, 19:34   #62
BHPian

Excellent pictures and nice features, Thanks for putting a detailed description of each and every control and the use of it. Between, is it only your son driving it or you also drive it?
balajird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2010, 20:04   #63
Team-BHP Support

Brilliant car, brilliant choice. Brilliant review. A very detailed review I must say.

That engine will sure be a stonker and the car itself seems to be a exceptionally good all rounder.

Your soon is one lucky chap, if only my dad were so passionate about cars.

Congrats sir.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2010, 20:37   #64
BHPian

Brilliant review. Thanks for taking the time out to write the review and to take the pics and video and sharing it.

I've been a fan of the recent Jaguars and I must say, they would make me feel "extra special" compared to a comparable German car. I was actually surprised to read that it handled better than the BMW 5. I guess Jaguar will again be a force to reckon with especially with the direction set for them by Mr. Tata himself.

Congrats to your son for purchasing it and to you for putting in a word as it were. I'm sure you will enjoy many happy miles in the car.
gomzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2010, 22:56   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
The Jag is truly iconic and exudes automotive grace when it comes near you. Ratan Tata is truly THE businessman who picked Jaguar when it was down. Only a true petrolhead can appreciate the Jag as well as the buy !

I fully agree. JLR and Nano have made Mr. Tata one of the most respected Chiefs in the world wide automotive industry.

You buy a Jag, an Aston Martin, Alfa Romeo with your heart and the rest of the stuff (Mercs, Beemers, VW, Audi) with your brains and the Koreans/Japs by your purse !!! I dont care about American cars as they can go fast in a straight line only(quoting my hero Mr. Jeremy Clarkson @TopGear).

Absolutely Right. Nobody is more qualified than Jeremy to make that statement.

Well another famous statement from a Connoisseur of good life:

“Every woman should have four pets in her life. A mink in her closet, a Jaguar in her garage, a tiger in her bed, and a jackass who pays for everything.”
-Paris Hilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteemer View Post
I've got no words at all.

I mean, till 5 minutes earlier, the to-buy-when-i-grow-up list comprised of the LP640, Reventon, M5 and a few others. The list now has a new member. And this new member is right at the TOP OF THE LIST.
Thanks, I prey you get to buy your entire wish list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
Excellent pictures and nice features, Thanks for putting a detailed description of each and every control and the use of it. Between, is it only your son driving it or you also drive it?
Sir I learnt driving when I was 12 years old, it is my passion of cars which made me buy this car and write all this. Off course I drive in U.K., but only when Siddharth is with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Brilliant car, brilliant choice. Brilliant review. A very detailed review I must say.

That engine will sure be a stonker and the car itself seems to be a exceptionally good all rounder.

Congrats sir.
And yours is a Brilliant reply. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Brilliant review. I've been a fan of the recent Jaguars and I must say, they would make me feel "extra special" compared to a comparable German car. I guess Jaguar will again be a force to reckon with especially with the direction set for them by Mr. Tata himself.

You echoed my feelings

Congrats to your son for purchasing it and to you for putting in a word as it were. I'm sure you will enjoy many happy miles in the car.
Thank you.
Old 27th September 2010, 09:29   #66
Senior - BHPian

I jus HAVE to say, the way those A/C vents come up...NEAT man !! Really cool. I wish the germans ( Audi especially ) had that.
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 12:36   #67
BHPian

Default XF Chassis capabilities

Well Audi started the trend of LED Day time running lights which is slowly becoming an industry standard and they make the best interiors among all the German cars so Hats off to Audi.

I will post my driving experience today. Meanwhile please see this mind blowing video of XFRs which really demonstrates what XF is really capable of (though in the XFR model)

Jaguar sponsorship

I have taken the above from Car Magazine and the link below has more videos on this.

Jaguar XFR (2010) video: a brilliant drift car | Road Testing Reviews | Car Magazine Online

Looking forward to your comments about these video

Last edited by akj53 : 27th September 2010 at 12:40.
Old 27th September 2010, 13:10   #68
Senior - BHPian

What a car!

Hearty congratulations to the father-son duo on this acquisition. Many thanks for providing a detailed description of all the features.

The pictures and videos are very nice too, especially the start-up "drama" as you've rightly put it.

Like you and the others have said, the car (by the way, any name for it?) is in the right environs. I feel our roads just don't deserve these cars. These machines aren't meant to be tortured in conditions such as ours. I wish your son (and the whole family) many wonderful years and miles with this lovely car!

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 16:32   #69
Senior - BHPian

I am sorry in advance in case you already went through this part but i havnt been able to go through the entire thread so i'l ask anyways.
What about individual climate control for the rear seats? ( is it 3-zone, 4 zone ? )
Im quite sure this does NOT have just the A/C vents at the rear.
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 17:09   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Like you and the others have said, the car (by the way, any name for it?) is in the right environs. I feel our roads just don't deserve these cars. These machines aren't meant to be tortured in conditions such as ours. I wish your son (and the whole family) many wonderful years and miles with this lovely car!

Regards,
spadix
Many thanks for your good wishes. I could not follow as to what you mean by any name for it? Can you please elaborate.

As far as our environs are concerned, they do need up-gradation, not only for such cars but for all of us i.e., citizens of India and for our future generations also. Let us all work together to improve the system, by conserving water and energy, not littering, doing proper waste disposal, observing road laws and manners and by being good citizens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
What about individual climate control for the rear seats? ( is it 3-zone, 4 zone ? )
Im quite sure this does NOT have just the A/C vents at the rear.
The standard fitment is 2 zone a/c with separate settings for left and right zone and a/c vents at the rear. 4 zone a/c like you are asking is available as an optional extra. UK being a cooler country 2 zone is sufficient for us. May be they will make 4 zone standard for India.

Please do read the full thread to get full feel of the Jaguar XF

Last edited by akj53 : 27th September 2010 at 17:10.
Old 27th September 2010, 17:53   #71
BHPian

Default INTERIORS - Last few points

Few more points:
  • 6 air bags.
  • Lots of electronic safety gadgetry.
  • 6 speed automatic gearbox with Peddle Shifts, Sports Mode and Winter Mode.
  • MID provides info about Average speed, Average FE, Trip Computer, Range but strangely no real time FE is shown. Perhaps Jaguar wants the driver to keep an eye on the road and not on the MID. I would have liked to have the real time FE shown.
  • 2 vanity mirrors in front with automatic lights.
  • Reading lights in rear.
  • Jaguar Sense: Front Cabin lights are activated just by bringing a finger below them. Glove box is opened by touching a round metal insert in wood above dash board. Neat.
  • Service interval: 16,000 miles or 1 year. MID will start displaying Service Due miles before 2000 miles are left. Normal service will cost £ 350. No BMW type service package available. Bad.
  • Rear seat has Head Rest for middle passenger also.
  • All 4 seats are very comfortable.
  • Headroom may be less for taller passengers, no issue for us.
  • Everything above knee level covered with Soft grain Leather (Charcoal or Ivory), Aluminum or High gloss Piano Black veneer. No plastics in sight.
  • Where ever plastics are used below knee level, it is properly colour matched with Ivory leather, so you cant differentiate till you touch the plastic. Very nice.
  • First class material quality throughout. Very good.
  • Multi level security: Valet mode, Single locking will lock all doors & windows, double locking will activate deadlocking and immobilizer with perimeter sensing alarms. Central locking will close all open windows also.

Few additional photos below:

Home screen of Touch screen. Manage Audio, Climate, Phone, Navigation and Vehicle through this

Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_0898.jpg

Blue Lighted controls look good

Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_0887.jpg

Double stitched Charcoal leather on top, Knurled Aluminum and Piano black veneer makes up the dash

Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_0884.jpg

Dials in blue. Speedometer displays miles and Kms. White horizontal line in bottom of MID is fuel guage. MID displays lots of things including navigation also.

Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_0883.jpg

The cat Looks aggressive from this angle. 20'' Alloys.

Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_0851.jpg

A happy yours truly explaining something

Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_0846.jpg

Happy owner Siddharth, in our parking.

Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_0833.jpg

I will now start the driving and ownership experience
Old 27th September 2010, 18:06   #72

Thanks for writing this greatly detailed review.

Are there any updates on the launch dates for the diesel model in India or it's pricing? Please let us know if you have any updates.

Thanks!
sanchit.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 19:05   #73
BHPian

@ sanchit.j

For launch dates in India, talk to the dealer in Bombay or Delhi.

which model are you considering to buy??
Old 27th September 2010, 20:05   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
Many thanks for your good wishes. I could not follow as to what you mean by any name for it? Can you please elaborate.
You're welcome, akj53!

By name, I meant have you christened the car with its own nickname like many of us do? I was just curious, that's all .

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 21:09   #75

@akj53

Appreciate your prompt reply!
Shall notify if I get any updates through any channel.

Family has been considering the E-Class / 5 Series for a while now. Now after hearing about diesel XF, the XF as well :-)
sanchit.j is offline   Reply With Quote