Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
Old 23rd September 2010, 20:13   #1
Default My Honda Jazz - 200 KMs

Search -
Let me begin with saying I am not a car expert. So, you all can expect my search for the new car was purely based on my Heart decision and Not Head.
My first car was Alto LXi bought in Sept, 2006. I just drove it for 16K KMs ( as i went out of India for 2 years ). One word for Alto, it is a great car. It never failed me in city nor in highway. I did few highway drives with it, longest one from Bangalore to Jamshedpur ( around 1900 Kms ) and Alto was with me. There are also few good memories associated with it.
Anyways, around 2 months back, suddenly I felt that I should buy a new car. So, it all started. I was not looking for something specific. I just wanted a new car ( how stupid ). Alto was doing great, but something ( ya the smiley sums it up ). Well, I cannot describe this something. So, it all started.
  • Maruti - Bimal Automobiles ( Mahadevpura, Bangalore ). Saw SX4, DZire. SX4 looked good. DZire was VFM. Sales Person was also good and was eager to explain, tell about discounts etc.
  • Tata - KHT Motors, Whitefield. Well, it was dull. Somehow, nobody was interested. It was Over.
  • Ford - Metro Ford. Saw Figo and Fiesta. Fiesta was great. Got interested. Took TD for both Figo and Fiesta. I loved Fiesta ( only negative, was space, if I may say so). Some limited edition offer was going on. I returned back home went in TBHP threads for Fiesta. Was impressed.
  • Honda - WhiteField Honda. Before booking Fiesta, out of curiosity, I decided to TD Jazz. After sitting and driving it for 2 minutes, I loved it. It was just amazing. Smooth like butter. Great space and very comfortable to drive. It has all the features which TBHP experts say a car should have(Offline - I dont understand everything). Again, I was confused. So decided to refer back to Source of Truth, TBHP. Adimicra's thread helped a lot. Also, heard there is lot of discounts going on for Jazz. Discounts definitely helped. But for me this was the best car, of the cars which I saw and TDed. Came back home and told my wife about it.
  • Hyundai - Trident, ORR. Theory - Women themselves are confusing and they have all the capability to confuse others.
    "Bagal waale ne I20 liya has, kuch 6L mein, did you try i20 ?". This was the first thing which my wife asked when I told her about Jazz ( and also its cost ). Ok, chalo I20 dekhte hain. Saw i20. Everything nice about it. But something was missing. Well, I cannot describe this something .

Wife - "2L jyada kyun kharach karna chahte ho"?
    Me - "Nahi yaar, yeh bhi aacha hai, fiesta bhi aacha hai, par jazz better hai"
    She looked at me. I dont know, but her look was weird. If I may put, she wanted to say to me "You are stupid". Par Dharam Patni ki Dharam ne usse rok rakha tha.
    Me - "Thik hai, ek baar Jazz dekh lo"
    Wife - " Chalo"

Thats it, once she saw it, she said "Hmm..is mei kuch alag hai" (It was heart not head).

Final Decision - Jazz.

Negotiation - Went to Whitefield Honda. Salesperson ( Mr. Harish ) was great. I said 2-3 lines ( I want Michelin tyres, active kit at discounted price etc ), he said "Sir, aap team bhp padhte ho". Man, it was so obvious."Ok, Sir, I will give you the final quote- Select Model + Active Kit + Body protectors @8.3L OR". Great, done, booked.

Got Jazz Home on 9th Sept, Day before Ganesh Chaturthi. Everything was smooth. Till date, I have driven it for around 200KMs. I love everything about it.

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th September 2010 at 00:55. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post allowed, please read our board rules very carefully, thanks
Old 23rd September 2010, 21:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Yogesh.
Jazz is surely a great car and with so much space inside .
Anyways ,drive safe and post some pictures also.
Old 23rd September 2010, 21:51   #3

Congrats on your JAZZ !

Ok, let us know if the price you have mentioned is for JAZZ X , or just the JAZZ.

I still feel, till Hyundai is selling i20 fully loaded diesel at 8.5 lakhs on road in Bangalore, its an obstacle for JAZZ SALE.

Mind you, i20 comes with a " MOON ROOF" which is not needed, but highlighted by all i20 owners.They feel, they have the world with them with this comestic, which is not useful in highly polluted Bangalore, or for that matter INDIA.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 23rd September 2010 at 21:56.
Old 23rd September 2010, 22:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

Good decision Yogesh; If I'd all the money, I would also settle for the mini lightning
BTW, what color did you buy? I hope you've bought your childhood feelings with Jazz. Congrats again & do keep updating this thread often with your ownership experience.

PS - You've 3 smileys against the forum rules of 2 per post.
Old 24th September 2010, 16:55   #5
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on the car! Please note that Team-BHP does not permit booking / buying experience threads in the Test-Drives section anymore. For the benefit of members & guests alike, it is now imperative to include a complete report on the car (the driving experience / comfort / features, what you like, what you don't like etc.).

This thread is temporarily closed. Please PM me or report this post once you are ready to update with a complete driving report; that's when it shall be re-opened. Thanks for your support.
Closed Thread